Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Total War: WARHAMMER III Global Gameplay Reveal

Comments

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 5,526

BORIS LIVES! *STOMP STOMP! BORIS LIVES! *STOMP STOMP!*

Of course!

It would baffle me if papa bear is not out to play!

• Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 2,183

So that is how the Streltsi work the combination of Gun and Greataxe. Very well, I have a feeling they might reuse that weapon:

Would not mind it.

• FinishingLastFinishingLast Registered Users Posts: 4,799
    This art!

SiWI: "no they just hate you and I don't blame them."
  • stephanvosstephanvos Registered Users Posts: 28
    this reveal, revealed almost nothing new....they said numerous times they are adding so many cool new features setting it apart from W1/2, yet disclose 1, a survival battle mode, which, sorry to say, didn't look that great. Not even sure how this fits in the game, just a separate mode or part of the campaign????
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,340

this reveal, revealed almost nothing new....they said numerous times they are adding so many cool new features setting it apart from W1/2, yet disclose 1, a survival battle mode, which, sorry to say, didn't look that great. Not even sure how this fits in the game, just a separate mode or part of the campaign????

Never heard of a quest battle?
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Cortes31 said:

So that is how the Streltsi work the combination of Gun and Greataxe. Very well, I have a feeling they might reuse that weapon:

Would not mind it.

THAT weapon makes more sense than the gun axe of the streltsi, since the blade is basically a massive bayonet. Whcih would be impractical but wouldn't have the same issues as the Axe-gun. They also can hardly reuse the weapon, since the Kislev Axe-gun has the axe head double as shoulder stock, rather than added on the muzzle.

They should've kept hte Streltsi simple, Bardiche AND Gun. Not Axe-gun.

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 925
    Love it, the Streltsi gun/axe design is excellent (Infernal Guard wink wink, hope Chaos Dwarfs Immortals make it in!).

The Kislev and Khorne designs in general are really good (the realistic fantasy style works perfectly), can't wait to see more!
  • Ares354Ares354 Registered Users Posts: 4,292

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

THAT weapon makes more sense than the gun axe of the streltsi, since the blade is basically a massive bayonet. Whcih would be impractical but wouldn't have the same issues as the Axe-gun. They also can hardly reuse the weapon, since the Kislev Axe-gun has the axe head double as shoulder stock, rather than added on the muzzle.

You have no idea what are you talking about.

In human history, plenty of people try to make 2 guns in one peice, never worked until XX century

They should look like in pic you posted, not like in gameplay.
  • ResileafResileaf Registered Users Posts: 144
    I am so hype for the survival battle mode! That opens so many options for future games to get a more involved battles, especially for siege defenses or ambushes.

Plus it's a perfect system for quest battles, where instead of just getting an elite doomstack on the battle site and wrecking whatever is on the other side, you get to play a much more interesting scenario with multiple phases and objectives.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

In human history, plenty of people try to make 2 guns in one peice, never worked until XX century

I have no idea what you are saying... I'll just try to interprete it.

They tried it an di usually was inferior of just having two weapons. usually because it was more complex than doing two seperate weapons, it was often more fragile (for example with a gun axe, you could bend or break your barrel by just swinging it, due to the weighto fhte Axe head), it was more complex to manufacture etc. And for the Streltsi, the bardiche also doubled as a gun rest.

These are the original WH Streltsi:

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • KazragoreKazragore Registered Users Posts: 82
    edited May 2021
    Two thing im not... sure about is summon new unit and update armor or weapon in the middle of the battle.

1st: What happen with them after battle?
    2nd: We are in Chaos realms and without problem open portal to call our army. Im not lore expert but it look wierd for me.

About update weapon and armor it look wierd too. But maybe it is more like magic buff not a reforge weapon.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,445

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

They tried it an di usually was inferior of just having two weapons. usually because it was more complex than doing two seperate weapons, it was often more fragile (for example with a gun axe, you could bend or break your barrel by just swinging it, due to the weighto fhte Axe head), it was more complex to manufacture etc. And for the Streltsi, the bardiche also doubled as a gun rest.

i like the new design it looks cool, gun and axe commbo , regardless of its practicality , though i am sure some one in history made a gun like that

nvm just use google

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-e&q=gun+axe

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

i like the new design it looks cool, gun and axe commbo , regardless of its practicality , though i am sure some one in history made a gun like that

nvm just use google

Yes... but there are reasons why they weren't wide spread...

The Gun-axe for me feels more like "Wouldn't this be cool?!" Rather htan "THat is cool!" design.

I don't hate the unit... if they were "Tzar Guard Gunners" or something? Yeah, why not. Just don't like that they are meant to be Streltsi.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,445

saweendra said:

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

nvm just use google

Yes... but there are reasons why they weren't wide spread...

The Gun-axe for me feels more like "Wouldn't this be cool?!" Rather htan "THat is cool!" design.

I don't hate the unit... if they were "Tzar Guard Gunners" or something? Yeah, why not. Just don't like that they are meant to be Streltsi.
    i mean GW wanted some thing to mark up the price. i mean it was going to happen RPG is not some thing GW have follow religiously

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• MerwanorMerwanor Member Registered Users Posts: 473
    Kossars does not have quivers... Another unit I have to fix with mods...

Could you be a bit more consistent with your characterr design CA? You make some truly awesome looking units then random units have lots of lacking features or bugged textures.

One thing I hope for with Warhammer 3 is polish, this is the final game in this series and I expect to have this become truly polished. I really hope they do a full overhaul or at least a touch up for all units in the game so they all have the same level of detail. Like Greenskin Arrer Boyz still does not have quivers even though they have it in the unit card art...
  • ValraValra Registered Users Posts: 124

h">

Gun axe for Streltsi? Really? YOu couldn't just give them Bardiches and handguns?...

This is how Streltsi should look like!

Yeah, those weapons were a bit ridiculous. I expected the Streltsi to be some respectable halberdiers and handgunners, not something out of Monster Hunter.
    Yeah man, combining rifle and axe, what a ridiculous and outlandish idea...

Valra said:

h">

Gun axe for Streltsi? Really? YOu couldn't just give them Bardiches and handguns?...

This is how Streltsi should look like!

Yeah, those weapons were a bit ridiculous. I expected the Streltsi to be some respectable halberdiers and handgunners, not something out of Monster Hunter.
    Yeah man, combining rifle and axe, what a ridiculous and outlandish idea...

I am NOT saying it wasn't done, as you might notice. Strelty however used Bardiche + Musket and such combined weapons usually were worse than the weapons that were stuffed together. The weapon balance was thrown off and stricking with it would threaten to damage the barrel and the mechanism of the gun... such stuff was usually not soldier fare but stuff for tinkerers and nobles with more money than sense....

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

saweendra said:

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

nvm just use google

That is a great line there. There's a bunch of things I would describe that way. I've often used the phrasing that it's like something a 13 year old drew in a notebook as the coolest thing ever. I haven't said that about this axe-gun thing, but I just mean in general. Whenever something is trying to be cool instead of just being cool. Trying too hard.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 544
    Lets hope sega gave CA a crapload of money so we dont have to worry that they had to cut content to produce stuff like this. Lets be positive :smiley:

saweendra said:

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

nvm just use google

That is a great line there. There's a bunch of things I would describe that way. I've often used the phrasing that it's like something a 13 year old drew in a notebook as the coolest thing ever. I haven't said that about this axe-gun thing, but I just mean in general. Whenever something is trying to be cool instead of just being cool. Trying too hard.
    I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I'd compare it to Two Steps from Hell.

I call their songs "Generic Awesome".They hit the standard stuff that makes them sound "impressive and awesome" and many like that. For me it feels rather boring and not all that awesome. Not when compared to stuff like LotRs Gondor theme and the Fellowship theme, the Imperial March or the indy theme etc.

The latter three ARE awesome. The Two Steps from Hell songs are basically "fast food awesome".

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

saweendra said:

Ares354 said:

Cortes31 said:

Would not mind it.

nvm just use google

I know I'm going to get hate for this, but I'd compare it to Two Steps from Hell.

I call their songs "Generic Awesome".They hit the standard stuff that makes them sound "impressive and awesome" and many like that. For me it feels rather boring and not all that awesome. Not when compared to stuff like LotRs Gondor theme and the Fellowship theme, the Imperial March or the indy theme etc.

The latter three ARE awesome. The Two Steps from Hell songs are basically "fast food awesome".
    Yeah and I get that to a degree. Higher quality costs more money. Just like a higher quality meal does. And some people are going to like chicken nuggets more than muscovy duck or something. But for a lot of that it's going to be what you've been immersed in. Raised with tons of money and fast food will seem gross. Raised in lower or middle class and fancy stuff will seem strange and overpriced.

You get what you pay for. And at this point, John Williams can charge whatever he damn well wants.
  • TotalBorehammerTotalBorehammer Registered Users Posts: 1,207

My thoughts exactly... the survival mode looks lame as hell and I am sad they wasted development time on it. Looks like arcadey crap.
    CA have a Facebook page... use the comments section of their posts and express your thoughts on ME poor quality/delays etc https://www.facebook.com/CreativeAssembly/ :)
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,041
    Building barricades during battle... Hmmmm...
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 34,526
    Kislev!
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989
    jamreal18 said:

the UDSSR made minefields under artillery fire during WW2.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • ArecBalrinArecBalrin Registered Users Posts: 2,806
    SiWI said:

jamreal18 said:

Using points they generated from defeating Reich forces.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,247
    jamreal18 said:

If fort walls were ruptured by cannons then barricades could be created during a battle - it’s quite common.
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,989
    edited May 2021

SiWI said:

jamreal18 said:

TW WH 3 is more abstract that real life WW 2 yes, you really got CA there.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,247
    edited May 2021
    SiWI said:

SiWI said:

jamreal18 said:

TW WH 3 is more abstract that real life WW 2 yes, you really got CA there.
    I think to make it more ‘real’ and more ‘natural’ rather than a single mouse click each movement should generate a messenger on horse to communicate every single movement you make. After all, generals don’t give orders across the entire battlefield in real-time.