Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

User Info RequiredGame crashing randomly

wwyws2012wwyws2012 Registered Users Posts: 6
edited May 17 in Crashes
Hi,

Just got the game this afternoon via Steam. After starting the 190 campaign with Liu Bei, I've been experiencing random crashes, most frequently during battle loading or actual battles, but also happen on overworld maps. There's no mini dump file produced and nothing is written in modified.log after each crash.

Build:
v.1.7.0 Build 16713.2221481

Detailed description:
The game exits out to the desktop without any notification or other sign. No blue screens, nothing. This happens sometimes on the map, sometimes during load of battle, sometimes during battle itself, sometimes right after battle. I've gone through at least 10 tries and the farthest I've gotten to without crashing is right after fighting the 2nd battle (at the mine)

Reproduction Steps:
Initiate campaign with Liu Bei (190 date) and it happens randomly after the first battle starts loading (so far hasn't crashed before the first battle)

Details of any solutions that have already been attempted:
Verified game files, no mods (deactivated all, but still subscribed), re-install, updated graphics driver, tried lower graphics settings, tried disable windows firewall, tried setting PC to high power, etc.

Files:
No mini dump file is found at the suggested location (AppData/Roaming/The Creative Assembly/ThreeKingdoms)
modified.log is EMPTY, every time

Please help. I was so excited to finally play this game, and even downloaded ALL DLCs. Yet I havent even been able to get past the first 15 minutes of the gameplay after 10 hours.
Post edited by CHARLOTTEB_CA on
Tagged:

Comments

• wwyws2012wwyws2012 Registered Users Posts: 6
    Is there anyone from the support team who can help?

Still no response?
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,278
    Hey wwyws2012,
    Have you tried the Public Beta 1.7.1 we currently have to see if the issue persists at all? =)
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
    Yes. I've tried updating to 1.7.1 but the issue still persist
  • julianbcjulianbc Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited May 21
    Same thing with me, just purchased the game completely upset with this CA
  • CHARLOTTEB_CACHARLOTTEB_CA Administrator Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff Posts: 3,278
    Hey guys,

I'm still investigating this issue (Sorry it can take some time) Can you give this a try?

When you try playing can you try setting the graphics to the lowest setting and see if you can play the battle without it crashing? if this works try increasing the settings gradually until it occurs again!

Thanks
    Charlotte
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • xzvgdcxzvgdc Registered Users Posts: 7
    Same thing with me, I've tried updating to 1.7.1 but the issue still persist

My PC Specs:
    - Intel i5-8600K CPU
    - Z series Motherboard
    - 32GB DDR3 2600 RAM
    - GTX 1080 GPU
    - a 960GB SSD C drive for Windows, 4TB HDD and 2TB HDD and 500GB SSD for everything else

I spent a few hours yesterday trying to get Total War: Three Kingdoms to boot, without success. I tried the following:

- Updating Windows 10 to the latest version / updates
    - Updating graphics drivers
    - Reinstalling the game, both from disk and from downloads
    - trying different beta branches of the game to see if different versions might work
    - running integrity checks on the files by going to to the game / manage / local files / Verify integrity of game files
    - disabling/removing anti-virus, Windows Defender and Nvidia Geforce
    - as per a lot of other posts in my googling, removing combinations of the launcher folder and the TK folder in %AppData%
    - Downloading and placing into the scripts folder the Preferences Script / someone's save into the saves folder
    - running Windows System File Checker Tool to fix corrupt files
    - Running the TWTK and Launcher exe's as admin
    - Moving the game files between an SSD and HDD
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,595
    edited May 26
    Silly question that's most likely unrelated to the issue but why not, what's your screen resolution ?

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,595
    Could you try lowering the resolution ?

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
    I tried,but the issue still persist
  • MyBigestMistakeMyBigestMistake Registered Users Posts: 5
    Hey you, why the game is still random crash after 10 minutes. My spec is 1080ti, 32GB ram bus 3200, i7 8700k. Play on high setting still takes some random crash like this guy. On doing all the same verified game files, no mods (deactivated all, but still subscribed), re-install, updated graphics driver, tried lower graphics settings, tried to disable windows firewall, tried setting PC to high power, etc. I also reinstall windows 10 and do exactly like this guys too
    - Updating Windows 10 to the latest version/updates
    - Updating graphics drivers
    - Reinstalling the game, both from disk and from downloads
    - trying different beta branches of the game to see if different versions might work
    - running integrity checks on the files by going to the game/manage / local files / verify the integrity of game files
    - disabling/removing anti-virus, Windows Defender and Nvidia Geforce
    - Delete the whole CREATIVE ALL IN %appdata%
    - Downloading and placing into the scripts folder the Preferences Script/someone's save into the saves folder
    - running Windows System File Checker tool to fix corrupt files
    - Running the TWTK and Launcher exes as admin
    - Moving the game files between an SSD and HDD
    Are you even trying, this error I thinking just happen to me. I stop playing this game since it crashes to wait for the update. Now I cam here because is still crash and is happening to anyone. I hear about steam fix crash on the game but still crashed TTW maybe steam fault. Please give us an answer, bro. I know CA has abandoned the game and has no update, but can you please help us to fix this. I'm can record a video for this error, if you want to. Am a fan of TTW since I was a kid, Good to buy CA games, fix this so I can back to rock play TTW 3K again without crashing. I'm one hundred percent already doing all of on lists. Regards.
    edited June 4
    Edit: try to find a crash because of overclocking ram on google. This is not CA fault
    Post edited by MyBigestMistake on

Edit: try to find a crash because of overclocking ram on google. This is not CA fault

No matter who the problem is, as a consumer, I just want to fix it as soon as possible.
    Just check your Ram, my game now runs perfectly without a crash to the desktop. If your ram is overclocked you just need to try it to normal and check the game is it run smoothly. After that and you want to overclock the ram again just high your ram voltage a little bit like bus 3200 for 1.350 voltage change it to 1400 voltage for bus 3200. Hope you fix your problem soon bro. Good luck.

Just check your Ram, my game now runs perfectly without a crash to the desktop. If your ram is overclocked you just need to try it to normal and check the game is it run smoothly. After that and you want to overclock the ram again just high your ram voltage a little bit like bus 3200 for 1.350 voltage change it to 1400 voltage for bus 3200. Hope you fix your problem soon bro. Good luck.

thanks for your advice.

I tried,but the issue still persist.
    Try to update your bios bro. When I'm not overclocking the ram and leave to normal 2400 bus (my ram is 3200bus) is just fine. Try a new game with a 10 hour without a crash, when I try to go back 3200 and up a little bit of voltage is happened again some time on another game too. So I try a new way and see my bios mainboard is an old date, changelog says Improved memory compatibility. I will try it and let you know the result friends. All my search results about the random crash to desktop without a message are all about ram. Fist you can try don't overclock ram and test the game, so if it still crash you don't need to waste your time for update bios friend.
    I suffer a lot. I'm doing all the stuff to find how to fix that error. Coming here to blame CA and I see you, friend. We are both mainboard Z and overclocked ram. Crash without a warning and try to do all on that list. I'm crying friend, cry for a friend far away with the same purpose to play an abandoned game smoothly.

I suffer a lot. I'm doing all the stuff to find how to fix that error. Coming here to blame CA and I see you, friend. We are both mainboard Z and overclocked ram. Crash without a warning and try to do all on that list. I'm crying friend, cry for a friend far away with the same purpose to play an abandoned game smoothly.

thanks for your advice my friend.

I tried to update my bios bro. ,but the issue still persist.

Until now I have not received the assistance of CA, I am disappointed about it.