Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Tsarina ice sliding

Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 445
I had so weird feeling from that 😀

I would like to see some alternative move instead of that

What do You think?

Comments

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,301
    Looks weird in a fiery hellscape - I imagine it will look really fitting in Kislev. Also I think the animations were glitchy- sometimes she barely seemed to move - so take it with a grain of salt.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,710
    she seemed to also have some attack animation where she would move up high with it to slap a bloodthirster in the face... a bit like the cinematic trailer.

It could well be a "first mount" unlock. She may start walking...but not sure.. a lot of effort for a low level mount I suppose.
    Change is on the way...

• HelhoundHelhound Registered Users Posts: 4,567
    Having watched the full animation where she goes from a walk, to slide, and back to walk, I love it. At first I was hesitant. Easy to make it look it gimmicky. The animation gives Katarin so much grace and poise when it occurs though that it works amazingly. So much so that seeing her just hoofing it would probably look more out of place.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,568
    edited May 14
    Let it go, let it gooo...
    Post edited by Abmong on
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,839
    would be OK in snowy map... weird here with all that fire.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,643
    I love it. Looks great.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,588
    I think it looks bizarre, and a bit too ridiculous for a race/character that we're supposed to take seriously.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,586
    Don’t quite get the comments about ok in snow bit odd in hot places, its ice magic. She is going to need it most in warm and hot places, she’s the ice queen she turns everywhere cold. Even hell.
    I think it's very cool. It also makes me wonder if something similar can be done for other characters....for example on a floating disc...

Change is on the way...

• dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,473
    I really don't like it personally. I just don't get why magic users can't just walk or ride a horse. Now I know "preview footage not representative of final product blah blah" but it just looks so unnecessary IMO.

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,070

I really don't like it personally. I just don't get why magic users can't just walk or ride a horse. Now I know "preview footage not representative of final product blah blah" but it just looks so unnecessary IMO.

Sometimes things can be less mundane.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • AwesomeLionAwesomeLion Member Registered Users Posts: 1,251
    I don't know. I think I'd prefer it if she walked most of the time and did the ice sliding only once in awhile.
    Like - I love how she uses ice magic as part of her regular combat animation. That looked amazing. But when just walking, I think i'd prefer if she just walked xD
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,628
    ArneSo said:

I love it. Looks great.

It looks wonky (like the ice is a bit too high). But i like it, cool way of moving.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 866
    I quite liked it.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • ArsenicArsenic Registered Users Posts: 6,405
    Looked alright.

What did look a tad goofy was Little Grom with it's "cushion of ice". Reminded me of the Lothern Skycutter *shudders*.
    "Ours is a world of fleeting glory. But it is glory, nonetheless."
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,473
    Amonkhet said:

Sometimes things can be less mundane.
    There are a lot of things in the game that can hardly be described as 'mundane'. So in reply, some things can be more mundane; I'd argue that the juxtaposition would further emphasise the importance of the things that are supposed to be magical.
  • MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 607
    She and spellweavers are superior casters, this is how true magician should move. Who needs legs when you have magic?
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
    Arsenic said:

Looked alright.

What did look a tad goofy was Little Grom with it's "cushion of ice". Reminded me of the Lothern Skycutter *shudders*.

yeah that did look a little goofy. I expect there's a slight strain between GW & CA's vision for some units.
    Change is on the way...

• sieahsieah Registered Users Posts: 1,015
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,089
    He it's been seen in other fictions lately. Btw, no need to suspend your disbelief : if the landscape was that hot, common soliders couldn't even fight on it.

But I guess the ice is useful for several units that couldn't work with it.
    I'm all for interesting animations for lords that aren't on big monsters anyway.
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 388
    I think that I didnt believe they could actually make her already gaudy and plastic look even more lame but they did it, gg.

I think that I didnt believe they could actually make her already gaudy and plastic look even more lame but they did it, gg.

• korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 388
    please youre gonna give a seizure to some poor dude with that, and at least learn how to resize your pics.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,952
    Arsenic said:

Looked alright.

To be fair, that's on GW for making it a sled. If it need to slide, then it need a cushion of Ice to explain how it works on hard ground.

Maybe CA could tweak it to have a little less Ice so we can see the sledge more !

On the subject of Katarin gliding, this is the lady that live in an Ice palace she built herself, being a lil extra is part of her character !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • SakuraHeinzSakuraHeinz Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,229
    I know what her Ice sliding move is called, cringe!
  • Sork0100Sork0100 SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 70
    It may be so that the ice sliding is her running animation. Hew walking animation is just her walking. But thas's just my thought.
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,568
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,226
    I like it. Gives the artists a chance to do, and us a chance to experience, something different. It obviously didn't look perfected yet and there might be a bit of weirdness in some forms of terrain but I think it's a nice touch.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
    Abmong said:

Tzarina Katarin, to cool to walk.
  • RamsesIIIRamsesIII Registered Users Posts: 769
    I dig it. Even with the animations still being a little janky at this point in development it felt pretty natural most of the time. Things like these are a good way to give some lords better speed and maybe better charge attacks without needing a mount.

Makes Katarin feel like a legitimately powerful wizard too, I can't help but feel like the sheer battle prowess and dignity of some LLs isn't captured very well when you see them run around like normal people, even when that's more or less what they are to some extent.