Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I have Never used melee cavalry units

ArchDemonArchDemon Registered Users Posts: 126
so I have Never used or played any units that are considered close combat cavalry.
and I rarely play close combat chariots

only had chariots in some meme armies. but mostly use ranged cavalry if I want something fast

so I got curious do you have any unit that you guys just never use or play?

Comments

• Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 902
    edited May 2021
    Hmm I rarely use range units (but to be honest I rarely play order factions really ...expect lizard man for obvious reasons) iam all about magic and melle. But tzeentch might change that a bit
    Post edited by Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 on
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    Rarely using chariots, animation glitches those provide are absolutely disgusting to look at and also Theres nothing more tilting than chariots getting stuck in some low trash unit and not being able to get out, slowly being absorbed as if those were a black hole or something.
    Also not using most of skaven DLC units as they are simply imbalanced to the point where It makes game dull to play, but that's too specific.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,051
    I use them when I play Bretonnia and used Rat Ogres as the Skaven equivalent.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,083
    I don’t use melee cavalry but I certainly use shock cavalry.
    ò_ó
  • ArchDemonArchDemon Registered Users Posts: 126
    Warlocke said:

what is the difference? they are both close combat more or less
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    I never use ratling guns, they're too op and they take the challenge out of the campaign. And I never use ancient salamanders (useless) nor phoenixes (you're supposed to risk them dying to get that sweet regen, and I'm too coward)
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,698
    ArchDemon said:

so I have Never used or played any units that are considered close combat cavalry.

only had chariots in some meme armies. but mostly use ranged cavalry if I want something fast

Brettonia must have been a struggle...
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    And I almost never use ranged cav, it's a matter of taste, really.

I do wonder what your Bret games are like, however.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.

ArchDemon said:

Brettonia must have been a struggle...
    not really I made armies with archers artillery and super heavy infantry (used mods so had dismounted grail knights)
    Crossil said:

never played Bretonnia unmodded and never will hehe

all though I have played bretonnia 2 times and I usally go full artielly and arcers and then either meat shield or heavy infantry depending on the mod I have
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,549
    ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

never played Bretonnia unmodded and never will hehe

all though I have played bretonnia 2 times and I usally go full artielly and arcers and then either meat shield or heavy infantry depending on the mod I have
    watch some MP battles .

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 366
    ArchDemon said:

Warlocke said:

Melee cav has somewhat decent melee attack and defense, shock cav doesn't, relying on charge bonus so you charge it and pull it away after 10-20 seconds.
    PPerun said:

ArchDemon said:

Warlocke said:

Melee cav has somewhat decent melee attack and defense, shock cav doesn't, relying on charge bonus so you charge it and pull it away after 10-20 seconds.
    dont like to micro manage so that is why I have kinda avoided cavalry in general since if I dont micro manage them I lose them to other unit types.

I like to focus on a new units/lord and let the rest fight it out.

so far it has worked
  • Jo_Proulx#5293Jo_Proulx#5293 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,838
    I never use witch hunters for battles...only as scouts.

They suck HARD.

/sad
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • dreagon#2903dreagon#2903 Senior Member Groningen, NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2,292
    Ranged cavalry. They simply do not have enough ammo or killing power to matter. Foot missile units do the shooting bit better, melee cav does the mobility thing better.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
    dreagon said:

Ranged cavalry. They simply do not have enough ammo or killing power to matter. Foot missile units do the shooting bit better, melee cav does the mobility thing better.

Personally I would prefer ranged inf to have same model count as mounted ones but be cheaper units and with better melee stats overall so to fix two things, make ranged units less shaft a bit but less OP in dps, and ranged cav to be a real upgrade from infantry.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

• dreagon#2903dreagon#2903 Senior Member Groningen, NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 2,292

dreagon said:

Personally I would prefer ranged inf to have same model count as mounted ones but be cheaper units and with better melee stats overall so to fix two things, make ranged units less shaft a bit but less OP in dps, and ranged cav to be a real upgrade from infantry.
    I don't think ranged cav should be an upgrade from infantry just like melee cav shouldn't be an upgrade from infantry. Ranged infantry is more deadly but more vulnerable while ranged cavalry isn't as deadly but is far less vulnerable. It's the mobility that needs to matter more.
    "The dog is a peasant and the cat is a gentleman." H.P. Lovecraft
    dreagon said:

dreagon said:

I don't think ranged cav should be an upgrade from infantry just like melee cav shouldn't be an upgrade from infantry. Ranged infantry is more deadly but more vulnerable while ranged cavalry isn't as deadly but is far less vulnerable. It's the mobility that needs to matter more.
    But I find find ranged infantry's power/weakness far superior to the pros and cons of fast ranged cav though.

• saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,549

dreagon said:

dreagon said:

But I find find ranged infantry's power/weakness far superior to the pros and cons of fast ranged cav though.
    I mean in campaign any mobile range is weaker than infantry range its just how it is. Unfortunately that will probably never change unless Ai gets better.

Now against a human well ... heah they can be every thing from meh to toxic depending on player skill.

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,571
    I use few cavalries to chase enemy and stop enemy cavalries attacking my range units

I prefer range units, they are powerful, that's why I love skaven