Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Who would win against an Orc Big'un and a Silverback Gorilla?

KuntingWarriorKuntingWarrior Registered Users Posts: 2,812
edited May 16 in Off Topic General
Both are unarmed and are fighting in an open field and get to charge at eachother, the orc is not clad in full plate but has some protection like a breastplate and gauntlets, and also has no back up. How hard does a big'un punch, enough to bring down a silverback?
Post edited by BillyRuffian on

Comments

• DerpyRoxasDerpyRoxas Registered Users Posts: 3,343
    The Gorilla because is a mercenary Ogre in disguise for a secret mission in the Southlands
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 604
    Are we talking realistically who would win? An orc is obviously more intelligent and can could maybe win on skill, but that's all the orc would have going for it. Orcs are big and strong in Warhammer but gorillas are something else.

They can weight upwards of 400 pounds (180kg) and can lift weights in the range of several tons. An orc big'un might be something like 5x stronger than a human but gorillas are about 20x stronger than humans. The gorilla would also likely be faster. If it could get its hands on an the orc, it'll kill it. Heck the gorilla probably only needs to land a single blow on the orc to completely mangle it.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted
  • 6nieve66nieve6 Registered Users Posts: 206
    The strongest humans that you can find in strongman or powerlifting meetings are weaker than any male gorilla.

If you are into grip training, the strongest captains of crush grippers that very few people in the world can close were used to rehab an injured gorilla. Imagine a healthy one.
  • ValkaarValkaar Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,169
    Orcs are stronger than humans, but not exponentially so.

Like they obviously still have battles against each other, where humans hold their own. They don’t get outright thrown countless meters back as soon as lines meet.

Conversely, gorillas can casually shatter humans, even when they’re just playing around, on accident. Much less deliberately defending themselves.

Gorillas are in a totally different league of strength. The only way the Orc would win would have to be by using a weapon, like a bow, or getting a goblin to set a trap for it or something else like that to outsmart it. But an Orc would never overpower one.
  • MonerisMoneris Registered Users Posts: 156
    What about a Black Ork?
  • NopeacejustwarNopeacejustwar Registered Users Posts: 1,240
    We’ll see when Cathay comes out!
  • User_ClueUser_Clue Registered Users Posts: 604
    Moneris said:

What about a Black Ork?

I mean, if Gorillas were a unit in table top they would be a monstrous infantry unit at the very least. A TT black orc wouldn't stand a chance against them but a more significant one might be able to hold their ground, but most wont win without weapons. You'll need a Grimgor tier black orc to have a reasonable chance of winning with only their hands.
    "Daemons are abroad again, and the servants of the foul gods march south with the storm at their backs. But as the winds of magic stir, other powers rise to contest it.
    I have seen the Lady, my brothers. She came to me from the waters and told me of the trials to come. This is why I call you here, so that her summons may be answered. I call Errantry, a crusade to strike at the heart of the new darkness"

-- The Lionhearted