Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

New Daemon Units and Unique Units for Be'lakor

Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,255
So GW/CA announced that new daemonic units would be coming to Warhammer, and I for one am personally hoping to see the Daemon Brutes from Horus Heresy ported into the fantasy setting. DoC don't have any monstrous infantry, plus it's another undivided type of daemon. But I'm kind of hoping that they're kept exclusively for Be'lakor (assuming that the dominant theory of him being the 9th LL is correct and CA doesn't bamboozle us), the Soul Grinder too. IDK, I just think it would be nice for the first daemon prince and the DoC roster to have some unique units all for himself, especially since each monogod roster is going to have some unique stuff separate from each other. Some fully unaligned monsters that only his race/faction get's access to would be cool.

Pic of the daemon brutes for those unaware.

Comments

• Gangstamonkey214Gangstamonkey214 Member Registered Users Posts: 260
    Where is the announcement that there will be new daemonic units?
  • Wyvax#7456Wyvax#7456 Registered Users Posts: 6,255

It was mentioned in one of CA's blog posts IIRC.
  • Hondlis#2158Hondlis#2158 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,594
    Wyvax said:

It was mentioned in one of CA's blog posts IIRC.
    Was it? Do you have a link? I'm sure they states they'll use older units if needed, but i'm not aware if new daemons.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,908
    I still believe, he get undivided furies and Demon brutes!

Because i think CA definitely want his roster to feel more unique.

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    Sadly we do not know if we will get new daemons or not, I think the source is this.

"Along with the deadly bears, Kislev will field a variety of cavalry, infantry, and armaments, but like Cathay we'll have to wait and see what Creative Assembly and Games Workshop come up with. They'll be facing off against some truly horrible daemons, like Khorne's gruesome Bloodletters and hulking Bloodthirsters, so they'll have their work cut out for them. There will be plenty of monstrous units to fight with and against in Warhammer 3, and Roxburgh says that Creative Assembly's designed some brand new ones, too. Fingers crossed for some spectacular battles. "

https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-3-is-going-to-be-absolutely-massive/

Bayes said:

Sadly we do not know if we will get new daemons or not, I think the source is this.

"Along with the deadly bears, Kislev will field a variety of cavalry, infantry, and armaments, but like Cathay we'll have to wait and see what Creative Assembly and Games Workshop come up with. They'll be facing off against some truly horrible daemons, like Khorne's gruesome Bloodletters and hulking Bloodthirsters, so they'll have their work cut out for them. There will be plenty of monstrous units to fight with and against in Warhammer 3, and Roxburgh says that Creative Assembly's designed some brand new ones, too. Fingers crossed for some spectacular battles. "

https://www.pcgamer.com/total-war-warhammer-3-is-going-to-be-absolutely-massive/

I think it is from Roxburgh, but I didn't read it from PCGamer. Maybe the interview with Frankie Ward, for the life of me I can't remember where...
    Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

I think it is from Roxburgh, but I didn't read it from PCGamer. Maybe the interview with Frankie Ward, for the life of me I can't remember where...
    yeah I know what you are talking about, I could not find it either. From what I remember it was the person writing the article who said there would be new daemons, not Roxgurgh, but I think it could still be used to indicate we are getting new daemons. Just not as undisputable as I would have preferred.
    Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

yeah I know what you are talking about, I could not find it either. From what I remember it was the person writing the article who said there would be new daemons, not Roxgurgh, but I think it could still be used to indicate we are getting new daemons. Just not as undisputable as I would have preferred.
    Oh well, still, fingers crossed for daemon brutes.
    Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

If we want to be really techinical about it, is the exalted bloodletter a unit in tabletop?
  • Bastilean#7242Bastilean#7242 Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    edited May 2021
    Bayes said:

If we want to be really techinical about it, is the exalted bloodletter a unit in tabletop?

Yes, its been around for a while. I don't know about an exalted Blood Thirster (it's like a blood letting big gulp on steriods)... but hey every day is a new day :)

Those demons look quite wicked by the way. Me like
    Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

Bingo, though I think that's mostly trying to keep a daemon infantry high tier as TT Bloodletters can't compete with Chaos Warriors stat wise.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

Wyvax said:

Bayes said:

Nope, and that's sadly what they could mean by "New ones". It's also worth pointing out that despite the previous paragraph talking specifically about demons, that sentence only refers to "monstrous units" so could be talking about stuff like the ice bear or Cathay units, so no guarantee at all.
    Bastilean said:

Bayes said:

Yes, its been around for a while. I don't know about an exalted Blood Thirster (it's like a blood letting big gulp on steriods)... but hey every day is a new day :)

Those demons look quite wicked by the way. Me like
    Do you have a source for that? I am getting conflicting information.
  • MadDokta#6766MadDokta#6766 Registered Users Posts: 456
    I could have sworn the little bit about new daemonic units was from the Warhammer Community article on Total War III's announcement, but now I can't seem to find it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/watch-kislev-battle-a-bloodthirster-in-the-first-trailer-for-total-war-warhammer-iii/
  • Sultschiem#8734Sultschiem#8734 Registered Users Posts: 3,505
    Pretty sure we will be getting them Demonic Fairy Dragon!
    MadDokta said:

I could have sworn the little bit about new daemonic units was from the Warhammer Community article on Total War III's announcement, but now I can't seem to find it: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/02/03/watch-kislev-battle-a-bloodthirster-in-the-first-trailer-for-total-war-warhammer-iii/

Okey maybe people just remember false ?

Or is was with the new monster units too.

But kinda sure they will do more made up units sooner or later.

• MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    Beautiful. I want a few of those minies and I hope to see them in TWWH3.
    Daemons could just generally do with a few more daemons for undivided and/or each god. The rosters have been basically the same for the past 17+ years for actual daemons.
    It's time they got some reinforcements.
    MrDragon said:

Daemons could just generally do with a few more daemons for undivided and/or each god. The rosters have been basically the same for the past 17+ years for actual daemons.

Seriously yeah, hope gw and CA let appear some new demons.

Because Seriously is time to upgrade them.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    The only thing I want for Be'lakor is daemon princes. Surely, he can't not have them right ?
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,698
    edited May 2021

MrDragon said:

Seriously yeah, hope gw and CA let appear some new demons.

Because Seriously is time to upgrade them.
    I'd like to see more Elite tier Daemons. Something between lesser and greater. The exalted blood-letters are a step in the right direction but honestly those ruinstorm daemons would be a perfect fit as a high tier Khorne monstrous infantry unit.

i know they are undivided but they clearly look more Khornate then any of the other Gods.
  • Maedrethnir#1968Maedrethnir#1968 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 17,369
    Daemon Brutes, may they snarl for me.
  • MiniaAr#5798MiniaAr#5798 Registered Users Posts: 1,788
    I hope this happens as well. If Bel'Akor indeed leads Undivided Deamons, then givin him proper unique tools that Monogods don't have.