Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I like the NEW Kislev compared to OLD

ArchDemonArchDemon Registered Users Posts: 126
I might get hate or disagreements and that is completely fine. since that is what this is all about :)

I always found the Old Kislev a bit weird and at some points not making much sense at points. then again I also understand that the lore and unit roster is very limited and very old.

I would like to se more units with ice and a bit of a more MOdern look I dont mind them being a bit over the top. this is fantasy after all this is warhammer not Historical allthought history have mattered in the looks of kislev
and warhammer is CHAOTHIC and makes no sense sometimes. sometimes heroes in the lore are gods that never die or get a huge amount of plot armor in the stories.

the old way of kislev made very little sense that they where the ones that would stop chaos and Norsca and anything evil around that area and yet look like a mix of Empire and bretonnia with few bears. it always felt lacking

the lore for kislev is outdated and half assed when made I feel. and now I feel like they can get a proper lore to them and a unit roster. since I would not be suprised that when TWW3 is released that GW will start putting out lore books about Cathay and Kislev and any other to make them more complete. after all GW did say they are working on reviving Warhammer fantasy in what way im not sure.

I understand that some dont like the way they are going with Kislev but how it used to be was very old and outdated and makes no sense lore wise imo.

ofc I might just be insane liking them but for me personally Kislev was never intresting for me until now

Comments

• Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,441
    Have a disagree. :)
    Glory matters not.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    I'm overall ambivalent. Ice sleds could work.... if the ice was smooth to make it seem like it could slide across the ground.

But it ain't.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • ArchDemonArchDemon Registered Users Posts: 126
    Crossil said:

I'm overall ambivalent. Ice sleds could work.... if the ice was smooth to make it seem like it could slide across the ground.

But it ain't.

but this is fantasy sometimes it does not need to make sense. its magic tadaa it works
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 17,446
    Crossil said:

But it ain't.

yeah it needs tone down ice so it matches up more with official art

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

where is the official art? dont think I have seen it
  • NeodeinosNeodeinos Registered Users Posts: 14,284
    saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

Yeah I actually have no issue with the official art from GW.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,870
    edited May 2021
    ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

but this is fantasy sometimes it does not need to make sense. its magic tadaa it works
    Yeah, TT models don't care that much as they are static. But animated models in game just look extremely clunky.

It's why you don't see oathstones as existing mounts for Dwarfs.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
    ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

• TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,959
    ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

That´s the lowest bar possible and extremely laz, congrats.

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

Honestly I like it better with ice. since this would ONLY be able to work if ther eis snow.
    what if I wanna take over Empire or Tomb Kings as Kislev? that sled is not gonna work.

atleast with moving ice it will always be moving since from the look of it the ice is moving. if the ice is not moving then I could se it being hard to move around with it.

then again magic and warhammer does not need to make sense
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400
    I prefer old Kislev, I like bear cav and Ice guard, but the combined bears and ice on some many units displease me. All of Kislev tier 3 units have ice, bear or both. I think the roster has an overdose of it.
  • MisterSquidMisterSquid Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 1,985
    Surge_2 said:

You can just disagree and move on, you don't have to point it out.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    ArchDemon said:

the old way of kislev made very little sense that they where the ones that would stop chaos and Norsca and anything evil around that area and yet look like a mix of Empire and bretonnia with few bears. it always felt lacking

And others might say "it makes very little sense how the Empire can stop chaos invasions considering the Warriors of Chaos, Vampires etc."...
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
    ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

Honestly I like it better with ice. since this would ONLY be able to work if ther eis snow.
    what if I wanna take over Empire or Tomb Kings as Kislev? that sled is not gonna work.

atleast with moving ice it will always be moving since from the look of it the ice is moving. if the ice is not moving then I could se it being hard to move around with it.

you can tone it down to show ice is only generated at the sleds which is probably look much cooler if done right

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

This, would be fine.
    Glory matters not.

Surge_2 said:

You can just disagree and move on, you don't have to point it out.
    Indeed, have a disagree. :)
    Glory matters not.

• Khaine1godKhaine1god Registered Users Posts: 527
    ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

If you aint the elves ,the slaan, a lord of change or nagahs it dosen t work like that.Heck it dosen t work for them 100% of the time.I can understand the elemental and the ice guards but the sleds and little grom with out a caster or a stable magic source its just a the cheap rule of the cool.Heck even demigryphs and the sky cutter make more sense.1 is a exotic animal the other is made the second most magicaly gifted race in the universe.
    Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

This, would be fine.
    Bear-drawn artillery would be fine.

Not a bear-drawn sled/chariot
  • GrbaGrba Registered Users Posts: 457
    To me they are good,just need the creators now to stop with the bears,its enough.
    edited May 2021
    ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

It does have to make sense or it is not interesting!

Granted ,within its own rules, but these must be adhered and explanation must follow if they are not adhered to.

TeNoSkill said:

ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

but that is the entire logic of warhammer in general. maybe its lazy way of thinking but if you have read most of the warhamemr books you also notice that even the GW that makes these books are lazy at times. perfect example is how End Times is. its the most lazy way of doing it and yet its there.

Warhammer is a mess like I said many thing does not make sense because magic (that is the litteral logic in many of the books it works because magic)
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,701
    TeNoSkill said:

Surge_2 said:

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

This, would be fine.
    Bear-drawn artillery would be fine.

Not a bear-drawn sled/chariot
    I'd prefer Moose or Elk drawn artillery.
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'

ArchDemon said:

And others might say "it makes very little sense how the Empire can stop chaos invasions considering the Warriors of Chaos, Vampires etc."...
    and I would agree. I would argue that Empire should have had some sort of Iron golems and the like something that would be a bit big and not living.

ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

If you aint the elves ,the slaan, a lord of change or nagahs it dosen t work like that.Heck it dosen t work for them 100% of the time.I can understand the elemental and the ice guards but the sleds and little grom with out a caster or a stable magic source its just a the cheap rule of the cool.Heck even demigryphs and the sky cutter make more sense.1 is a exotic animal the other is made the second most magicaly gifted race in the universe.
    yeah I would agree it would make more sense if there was a form of an ice mage on little grom and this ice chariot.
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 8,203
    edited May 2021

ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

You know that mages can enchant objects rigth? You don't need someone to be constantly casting ice beneath Little Grom, just enchant the sled so it projects ice beneath it.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
    ArchDemon said:

TeNoSkill said:

ArchDemon said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

but that is the entire logic of warhammer in general. maybe its lazy way of thinking but if you have read most of the warhamemr books you also notice that even the GW that makes these books are lazy at times. perfect example is how End Times is. its the most lazy way of doing it and yet its there.

Warhammer is a mess like I said many thing does not make sense because magic (that is the litteral logic in many of the books it works because magic)
    And you don t care about that or want to make it better?
    ArchDemon said:

ArchDemon said:

and I would agree. I would argue that Empire should have had some sort of Iron golems and the like something that would be a bit big and not living.
    Why should they do that?

Because it´s fantasy?

• twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,703
    edited May 2021
    ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

ArchDemon said:

saweendra said:

Crossil said:

But it ain't.

Well that looks like the concept art, it finished up with the ice:

"Before we let you go off to watch over the trailers again, we do have one more thing to share. As you’ll have gathered by now, the Kislev units appearing in Total War: Warhammer III are being designed for Warhammer The Old World by our very own creative team."
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/05/13/a-giant-bear-beats-up-daemons-in-total-war-warhammer-iiis-new-gameplay-trailer/
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,412
    You are free to like and even love NuKislev as much as you want, more power to you in fact. But please stop making erronous statements OldKislev and what it was in order to justify your preference for NuKislev. There are those of us in this forum with decades of experience with OldKislev as it exististed in Warhammer and we will spot any incorrect claims very quickly indeed.

And GW & CA could have expanded OldKislev just as easily as they created NuKislev, in fact a number of the units we have seen so far would have easily worked with both armies. The reason that NuKislev exists is not that it needed to be replaced for any of the reasons you claim. It is because GW wants designs that can be copyrighted and sold to be used in their current games.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
    ArchDemon said:

ArchDemon said:

And I'd say: Nope. The Empire isn't about the stuff. The closest i'd say would be a large steam tank with a very big gun.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'