Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I like the NEW Kislev compared to OLD

13»

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,505
    edited May 18
    KN_Gars said:

saweendra said:

does it matter though, this is the design of kislve their going for arguing on out dated army book edition or dead setting is pointless when the faction is going to draw from whole new game in the old world

Well the whole point of Warhammer Total War was using that 'dead setting' to make a game, why do you think that CA is still very careful to say that they will not include certain things. And when you saw that you will use that 'dead setting' then people tend to base their expectations on that, we saw that earlier with Daemons of Chaos vs Monogods though unlike NuKislev Monogod armies had been a thing in several editions of WFB.

As for why I argue? For the same reason as I argued when GW blew up Warhammer with the End Times, to show that there is opposition to the choice that GW made. And while it did not change the End Times the backlash against AoS and the ET forced GW to make changes in how they treated their customers.

I don't think that any protests now will lead to CA and GW changing their mind but perhaps we can get them to listen to some complaints. Such as at the very least improving the Ice effects so that they look less jaring, they stuck out like a sore thumb even on the snow map in todays trailer. Even better if the Ice was replaced with proper sled runners just like in the GW art.

this i agree i like them tone the ice bit

As for why I argue? For the same reason as I argued when GW blew up Warhammer with the End Times, to show that there is opposition to the choice that GW made. And while it did not change the End Times the backlash against AoS and the ET forced GW to make changes in how they treated their customers.

for me this depends on the race in question rather than broad spectrum see i still want to see the full court of the Lady brought to life which they fully teased in 8th edition, while i am vary of adding mechanical horses to empire or shard dragons to dwarfs,

so it honestly should be a race by race thing rather than a broad statement

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,538
    Crossil said:

Cadia101 said:

saweendra said:

from what we have seen so far i don't think warmaster matter one bit which could have been the reason for no Araby yet

Storm vermine with shields came straight up from warmaster.
    Except that they have seemingly been used in Vermintide as well.... And having looked over existing materials, they technically had that weapon option and shield in the armybooks as well.

Still, such a weapon variant is no better than any other number of weapon variants CA has already done.
    What this really tells me is how much I wish I could have Skaven musicians and banners....

....as well as al the races.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,662
    KN_Gars said:

KN_Gars said:

KN_Gars said:

You are free to like and even love NuKislev as much as you want, more power to you in fact. But please stop making erronous statements OldKislev and what it was in order to justify your preference for NuKislev. There are those of us in this forum with decades of experience with OldKislev as it exististed in Warhammer and we will spot any incorrect claims very quickly indeed.

And GW & CA could have expanded OldKislev just as easily as they created NuKislev, in fact a number of the units we have seen so far would have easily worked with both armies. The reason that NuKislev exists is not that it needed to be replaced for any of the reasons you claim. It is because GW wants designs that can be copyrighted and sold to be used in their current games.

And the fact that for most of Fantasy Warhammer Kislev had a barebones roster with no updates to its lore, units, characters, and art since at least fourth edition. You're talking about an army that functionally stopped existing to GW.

"OldKislev" is literally outdated and now non-canon with the Old World remake. It's just Kislev now, bears and all.
    Had you done more thorough research before making such definite statement you would have known that Kislev had content well after 4th edition. You had releases for Warmaster, Mordheim as well as the_6th_edition supplement for WFB which came together with new models for Kossars and Boris Ursus. And that is counting just the actual tabletop content produced by the GW studio. If we add in material produced by Black Library you have the RPG supplement as well as a number of novels, all released well after 4th edition.

You may also want to read up on how GW does canon & retcons because they have a different view of canon than you.
    Warmaster and Mordheim were modules, not additions or expansions, the 6th Ed supplement was just that, a supplement that needed the Empire's roster and rules to work. Kislev never got the roster expansion and update almost every faction got; Bretonnia got more attention than Kislev ever did.

It's not a debate on canon, it's a statement of fact that GW stopped adding and updating content for Kislev for decades. It never got a proper army book or roster well past it's implementation. What we're getting now would've likely appeared in 6th-8th edition Kislev.
    Warmaster and Mordheim were stand-alone games set in the Warhammer world, not 'modules'. Warmaster was designed for large scale battles different scale of miniatures than that used by WFB, it included a complete Kislev army list with the appropriate models. Mordheim used the same scale of figures as WFB and was indeed recomended by GW as a source for additional Kislev figures for WFB.

Your claim was that Kislev had " no updates to its lore, units, characters, and art since at least fourth edition" when in fact they all of that. It has been proven false, now you claim that "GW stopped adding and updating content for Kislev for decades". Warhammer in it's classic form existed from 1993 (4th) to 2015 (8th), 22 years i.e a little over 2 decades, Kislev had content released from 1993 to 2007 i.e 14 years of the 22 so no Gw did not stop adding content to Kislev for decades. In fact for a non-army book race they got an unusual amount of content.

We do know what we would have gotten in 6th edition Kislev, that is when we got
    Boris Ursus

And the Kossars

Not that similar to what we are getting now I would say.

6th edition Warhammer was still a time when GW was still much into the historical aspect of the factions, the designers at the time would have reinforced the OldKislev style, not abandoned it.
    Boris looks almost like a Polish nobleman. And some of the Kossars too wear kołpaki on their heads. I will miss those elements in Nu-Kislev.
  • The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 373
    I agree.
    This is Warhammer Fantasy.
    Where dinosaurs ride bigger dinosaurs and shoot lasers and walking ships that are made out of corpses.