Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

After todays trailer there is something that need to be said.

damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,448
Kislev looks freaking awesome, cant wait to play it. Another gunpowder human faction! HELL YEAH!
BsFG dwarf
Tagged:

Comments

• FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 5,185
    If you like gunpowder factions, we have 3 more coming up: Cathay, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs.

4 if you include Dogs of War.
  • HondlisHondlis Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,479
    edited May 2021
    Not sure to what extend this is sarcasm, but it's too shame usual human being is not 20 metres tall to avoid using gunpowder.
  • KN_GarsKN_Gars Registered Users Posts: 2,412
    Chaos Dwarfs should pretty much blow everyone else out of the water when it comes to gunpowder, their stuff from 8th edition was insane

I wonder how CA will handle their ability to build an demonic armoured train that made the Steam Tank look like a dinky toy.
    And also people gotta not confuse world building, you know, bring the world to life by referencing stuffs that isn't on the map, or is an event, to some kind of announcement, you know? That is certainly not the case.
    -Andy Hall, Principal Writer and Narrative Designer for Warhammer 3.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 817
    KN_Gars said:

Chaos Dwarfs should pretty much blow everyone else out of the water when it comes to gunpowder, their stuff from 8th edition was insane

I wonder how CA will handle their ability to build an demonic armoured train that made the Steam Tank look like a dinky toy.

i would assume this to be a queen bess style unit if it gets into the game at all.
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,080
    The White Guard marches on!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,486
    Fossoway said:

If you like gunpowder factions, we have 3 more coming up: Cathay, Ogre Kingdoms, Chaos Dwarfs.

Don't forget that the Hobgoblins got their mits on some Cathayan rockets n stuff, too >:)
  • makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    Fossoway said:

top 4 reasons why ranged meta will never get nerfed.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,947
    Fossoway said:

Chaos Dwarfs really isn't a gunpowder faction, exactly. More of a "guns-that-shoot-hellfire"-kind of faction.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • MrBungles21MrBungles21 Registered Users Posts: 83
    i love the mod that raises all shields by one level. Something CA should consider.
  • That1dudeThat1dude Registered Users Posts: 456
    KN_Gars said:

They’ll probably make the individual train carts their own upper-middle tier unit, and the full combined train a high tier unit.
    MILK FOR THE KHORNE FLAKES!

Dragons are cool too...
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 3,068
    Killertut said:

KN_Gars said:

i would assume this to be a queen bess style unit if it gets into the game at all.
    So their centrepiece units should be one-offs or not in game? What's the point of making Chaos Dwarfs then?
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741
    If Araby were to be included we would have another gunpowder faction
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 9,449
    Oh...way...more gun powder factions....

Zzzzzzzzz
    Glory matters not.

• KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 985
    edited May 2021
    Human beings can't exactly go toe to toe with GS, LM, DoC even WoC so gunpowder is logical.

and... give us Araby CA.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    sykall said:

Plus Nippon, another gunpower faction

Actually, Bretonnia is only human faction don't know how to use gunpower
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,486
    Blaced said:

sykall said:

Which is weird... when you realize that gunpowder was supposed to be a gift from the Dwarfs to the Empire.

They kinda screwed that pooch when they let everyone else have it.

How'd THAT get around?

I think someone made stuff with Rule of Cool and had an OOPS! and they just went with it and hope we don't look closely.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,557
    Itharus said:

Blaced said:

sykall said:

Which is weird... when you realize that gunpowder was supposed to be a gift from the Dwarfs to the Empire.

How'd THAT get around?

I think someone made stuff with Rule of Cool and had an OOPS! and they just went with it and hope we don't look closely.
    Maybe Ind will not have gunpowers
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 2,461
    Itharus said:

Blaced said:

sykall said:

How'd THAT get around?

Cathay had gunpowder well before the Dwarfs gave it to the Empire.
    Blaced said:

sykall said:

They know how to use it but just consider it dishonorable.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 985
    Bretonnia knows how to use gunpowder. Think their navy which is run by merchants have cannons. The nobles think its beneath them and aren't stupid to let it spread among the peasants.
    Wonder how Nippon will handle gunpowder. From the bits I they still have the death before dishonor code and the "samurai" are supposed to be crazy strong.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,741
    edited May 2021
    Itharus said:

Blaced said:

sykall said:

How'd THAT get around?

How did that get around? Well 100 to 200 years after gunpowder reached the first spot in europe every country had at least basic acess to cannons and stuff like that. And shortly afterwards muskets and handguns pushed away bow and arrow accross the entirety of the subcontinent. It would be really weird if the empire was the only one with gunpowder centuries after the dwarfs gave it to them. As if the other human nations were to dumb or to passiv to trade this knowledge or steal it or reverse engineer it etc. Pp.
    Even bretonnia uses gunpowder and cannons on ships and coastal forts, which are technicly not on bretonnian soil.
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting