Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I can't believe we get these

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
I've heard new unit cards suck, but I have not thought so myself till I saw this.

Direct comprasion.
TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.
Both TWW1 and modder's one look amazing compared to mediocre at best TWW3 unit cards.

Lucky for us original post on reddit with pic got 4k+ upvoites, there is a chance CA will redo these . . .

Comments

• #324448#324448 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,146
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • aMint1#4859aMint1#4859 Registered Users Posts: 1,255
    Whilst I agree with the sentiment and think CA should just commission this guy who's basically already done the work for them, I don't really mind using a mod for this.
  • ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,358
    This community rly is a pita
  • avvveavvve Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 456
    Doesnt harm to bring it up again, and again. until CA actually acknowledge this AGAIN.
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    Yeah. Those TWW3 ones look like low budget Thrones of Britannia knock offs by comparison.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400
    The first time I saw little Grom card I thought it was a troll bashing is hammer on the floor.

All the new backgrounds are also super bland.
  • Neodeinos#5871Neodeinos#5871 Registered Users Posts: 16,121
    edited May 2021
    I'm going to say it but the WH3 units cards aren't that bad overall. Sure they are not as good as the ones we are used to but they are still better than the ones we got in the two latest DLCs. I haven't even played the game and I can tell which unit I'm looking at when seeing the unit cards.

Look at the unit cards of Clan Moulder and you can barely tell the difference between the Wolf Rats and the Brood Horror.

I would even argue the style of the Ice Guard is almost identical to the cards we used to have in WH1 and WH2, the only issue with the other is the bland background.

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    Neodeinos said:

I'm going to say it but the WH3 units cards aren't that bad overall. Sure they are not as good as the ones we are used to but they are still better than the ones we got in the two latest DLCs. I haven't even played the game and I can tell which unit I'm looking at when seeing the unit cards.

Look at the unit cards of Clan Moulder and you can barely tell the difference between the Wolf Rats and the Brood Horror.

That'll I agree on. It was very hard to see what you actually had going on in a unit card for some of the last DLCs.

Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    Neodeinos said:

I would even argue the style of the Ice Guard is almost identical to the cards we used to have in WH1 and WH2, the only issue with the other is the bland background.

I agree, except the Dual Weapon one is a bit....

head is blocked by the ammo bar.
    To be honest the ammo bar covering a part of the unit card is pretty usual from CA.
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335
    makar55 said:

I've heard new unit cards suck, but I have not thought so myself till I saw this.

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.
    Both TWW1 and modder's one look amazing compared to mediocre at best TWW3 unit cards.

Lucky for us original post on reddit with pic got 4k+ upvoites, there is a chance CA will redo these . . .

Better idea: Ignore people complaining about units cards that roughly 95% of the player base really doesn't care much about. If unit cards are your thing, then the modded cards you are referencing are exactly what the modding community is for. Move on.
  • KirGeo#5270KirGeo#5270 Registered Users Posts: 1,126
    They couldn't even match the pic size for the halberd and dual wield ice guard. :/

It's a bit pathetic. I put more effort into some of the pictures I edit for personal mods in other games.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.

makar55 said:

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.

Better idea: Ignore people complaining about units cards that roughly 95% of the player base really doesn't care much about. If unit cards are your thing, then the modded cards you are referencing are exactly what the modding community is for. Move on.
    Sure let’s ignore part of the game where the quality drop a lot. I am sure it won’t hurt the game on the long term.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Neodeinos said:

Honestly, Kislev cards are a mixed bag, some are functional but notthing to write about, like the Ice Guards, and other like the Ice Bear or the Bear Chariots are Moulder-tier of bad
    Also, how can they mess so badly that some units have their head cut off !
  • kufaree#1220kufaree#1220 Registered Users Posts: 876
    If there isnt any graphical bugs/issues in game 3 then i dont care
  • TheGuardianOfMetal#3661TheGuardianOfMetal#3661 Senior Member GermanyRegistered Users Posts: 14,701
    y'know what i hate about the pic in the OP" THis guy"... come on, us ehte guys name/Steam Username...
    The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • EmeraldThanatos#7267EmeraldThanatos#7267 Registered Users Posts: 2,927
    RikRiorik said:

Yeah. Those TWW3 ones look like low budget Thrones of Britannia knock offs by comparison.

You can criticize the new unit cards all you want, I don't care. But you have officialy gone to far by comparing the beauty of the Thrones unit cards to this.
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Attila
    3. Warhammer (1, 2 & 3)
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Shogun 2
    6. Thrones
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire

Maelas said:

Neodeinos said:

Honestly, Kislev cards are a mixed bag, some are functional but notthing to write about, like the Ice Guards, and other like the Ice Bear or the Bear Chariots are Moulder-tier of bad
    Eh, the Bear Chariots is pretty bad but the Ice Bear is clearly recognisable too, I wouldn't call it a Moulder tier bad.
  • RockNRolla92#9743RockNRolla92#9743 Registered Users Posts: 2,296
    Neodeinos said:

I agree, they are good visibility and readability wise and I quite like the style. It's just the original WH2 art style for the cards was like really really nice.

I don't think this is something CA need to change. The last few WH2 DLC card art style has been an issue because they aren't very readable
  • RockNRolla92#9743RockNRolla92#9743 Registered Users Posts: 2,296
    makar55 said:

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.

Can you stop bringing up modders in this. Yes the modders fixed it, in their own time. They don't get paid, they don't have other parts of the game they have to make.

Complain if it's not readable yes that's fine but stop saying "oh look a modder done it"
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,484
    makar55 said:

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.

who stares at unit cards?
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,091
    I don’t think Kislev looks anywhere near as bad as previous game 2 DLC. They’re easy to recognise for me.
  • peabodyestate#9505peabodyestate#9505 Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    edited May 2021
    Neodeinos said:

Those unit cards were absolute poo. I hope for better too. The originals were always brilliant.
  • Slayer_Yannir#8069Slayer_Yannir#8069 Registered Users Posts: 2,719
    aMint1 said:

Whilst I agree with the sentiment and think CA should just commission this guy who's basically already done the work for them, I don't really mind using a mod for this.

I mind. I shouldn't have to rely on a mod for something so basic.
    Formerly known as Yannir. Oaths have been taken.
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    edited May 2021

makar55 said:

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.

At least 5.300 players according to reddit, and probably many more.

Those numbers alone are the same as the concurrent players for Rome 2.
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    edited May 2021

y'know what i hate about the pic in the OP" THis guy"... come on, us ehte guys name/Steam Username...

I didn't mention his identity at the begin because I was unsure he was fine being the subject of a such popular thread.

Then I talked with him and he's fine with it.

Also my english is bad and I thought guy was not an offensive word but just a synonim of male person.

makar55 said:

Direct comprasion.
    TWW1 vs TWW mod vs TWW3.

Everybody every time they purchase a unit, look at their armies rearange, merge and swap units, select them in the battlefield, watch their ammo, life and if they have rallied.

We all watch them constantly.

So having them readable and aesthetically pleasing is a nice quality of life.
  • KaiserofKiotoKaiserofKioto Registered Users Posts: 80
    Iam not a fan of new ui but cards look ok
    Neodeinos said:

Maelas said:

Neodeinos said:

Eh, the Bear Chariots is pretty bad but the Ice Bear is clearly recognisable too, I wouldn't call it a Moulder tier bad.
    I'll admit it's at least readable, which is better than what Moulder got, but damn how can you maje a giant elemental bear look so bland and faded ! He's all tiny and far away and blending in the background ! It's just tonedeaf !