Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Time to admit there will be no new DLC for TWWH 2.

ElithianElithian Registered Users Posts: 78
Yup. It’s almost June. That isn’t enough time to have the pre-launch, launch and then post launch lag before TWWH 3 comes out. Sorry folks, just have to face reality now.

Comments

• MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 541
    K, I guess they just lied about news in a couple months after April because it's been 1 month and we don't have any news...
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,644
    guess them saying they're announcing DLC next month is a lie
  • ChaosIncarnateChaosIncarnate Registered Users Posts: 148
    How the **** would you know how much time is enough? lmfao
  • 1v01v0 Registered Users Posts: 513
    The DLC is coming. A few steamdb branches (DLCs + FLC) have been worked on for a long time.
  • SelakahSelakah Registered Users Posts: 808
    From the WH3 FAQ:

It looks like you are wrong, and CA is planning to release a WH2 DLC "later this year". If anything, this means that the launch of WH3 is farther away than most of you expect.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,486
    For everybody who didn’t get it, which seems to be everybody, the OP was making a joke about the typical long durations of time between CA announcements. The second sentence was the giveaway.
    ò_ó
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,784
    I'm going to bookmark this thread for later.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 1,644
    Warlocke said:

For everybody who didn’t get it, which seems to be everybody, the OP was making a joke about the typical long durations of time between CA announcements. The second sentence was the giveaway.

ah yes... the long wait... they only dropped an update on warhammer 12 hours ago
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,486

Warlocke said:

ah yes... the long wait... they only dropped an update on warhammer 12 hours ago
    Yes...that’s the joke. Did you actually read the OP? 😂😂😂😂
    ò_ó
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,760

That'd be the reaction I'm assuming OP wants.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 4,726

That'd be the reaction I'm assuming OP wants.
    So OP wants us to remember when they were wrong? I mean if they want us to laugh at them than they can have their wish once the BM arrive.
    Brilliant Madwoman I am.
    @Commissar_G once dared to question me and tried to make a mockery of me for predicting Rasputin LL. Now that history has shown me to be the Victor, the Commissar begged for mercy. I quote directly
    "Well, your victory was complete and total. You may publicly admonish me and choose my fate. Do it. I deserve the shame I've brought to my ancestors." and I, being a humble Goddess have granted the Commisssar their wish.
    Let this Signature and @Commissar_G's horrific mistake serve as an example of what happens to those who question my Kairos Fateweaver levels of wisdom!
  • YurisusukiYurisusuki Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 337
    Só this must be a illusion, damn you Tzeench, deceive us again

• BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,429
    Is that your final answer?
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 3,377
    Neodeinos said:

This topic is going to age like Centigor milk.

thats not milk...
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ToxicFlamesToxicFlames Registered Users Posts: 414

Só this must be a illusion, damn you Tzeench, deceive us again

https://imgur.com/V3nvVU7

(Drinks Beastmen Tear's)

• KrocodileKrew212KrocodileKrew212 Registered Users Posts: 300
    Just leave people. You no longer need to enable trolls.
    Team Ogre Kingdoms

"We threatened to grind their bones up to make bread if they didn't pay. Course that's just a threat - it takes too long to grind 'em and most of this lot are just as 'appy to eat'em raw." -- Olag Skullcracker, Ogre Tyrant
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,651
    Selakah said:

From the WH3 FAQ:

It looks like you are wrong, and CA is planning to release a WH2 DLC "later this year". If anything, this means that the launch of WH3 is farther away than most of you expect.

Keep in mind that the FAQ is from February. We have now May and ar walking fast to June, so it is already "later this year". I would still assume that the DLC release might orbit around Skullthrone event, but that could also still happen in July.
    And we kinda expect TWW#3 release around November (definitly December last straw to grab that XMAS money).

So probably some months before that, they have to drop the final DLC which should not be the PreOrder. If the PreOrder also would be a game#2 DLC, between both DLC also have to be at least 3 months free time. Assuming Noivember game#3, would mean Orctober for PreOrder, then we could estimate July/August for the final DLC.

-----Red Dox
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    There will be obviously, but i couldn't care less about it to be honest. CA has delayed it for way too long.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    Latest update was in april, was it not? 'A couple of months', well it's almost june. But july might not be out of the question, either. I honestly kind of doubt a november release for WH3.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,087
    edited May 22
    Well I'm getting flashbacks from TW WH2 release and the reveal of Norsca: the "last TW WH1 DLC". It was also the pre-order, but it wasn't clear at all at the time of the reveal. Many expected a pre-order DLC + Norsca.

So until I see a definite confirmation that yes, "last TW WH2 DLC" and "pre-order DLC for TW WH3" are totally different DLCs, I will be cautiously pessimistic and expect they are both the same, even if the wording seems to indicate that indeed they are distinct DLCs.

But CA and DLC wording really don't go well together, so I don't trust it. I remember as well the very unclear description of T&T DLC vs update content.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,223
    edited May 22

Same. Then I'm going to upload it as an image and post it every single time the OP makes a thread or a post.

I miss @lucibuis

Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • ProcessingProcessing Czech Republic Registered Users Posts: 354
    edited May 22
    MiniaAr said:

Well I'm getting flashbacks from TW WH2 release and the reveal of Norsca: the "last TW WH1 DLC". It was also the pre-order, but it wasn't clear at all at the time of the reveal. Many expected a pre-order DLC + Norsca.

So until I see a definite confirmation that yes, "last TW WH2 DLC" and "pre-order DLC for TW WH3" are totally different DLCs, I will be cautiously pessimistic and expect they are both the same, even if the wording seems to indicate that indeed they are distinct DLCs.

But CA and DLC wording really don't go well together, so I don't trust it. I remember as well the very unclear description of T&T DLC vs update content.

They literally admited that Pre-order DLC is for WH3 only.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,651
    MiniaAr said:

Wrong. The last DLC was Woodelves. Then we got FLC Bretonnia as the final farewell. TWW#2 announcement a month after, and three months after that Norsca reveal for Preorder which then was covered as game#1 DLC.
    But Norsca was never promoted as "the final DLC". And we had a CA statement already that the final game#2 DLC is not the Preorder for game#3.

Also: It was told us long before that there will be no more race DLCs for game#2, hence the final game#2 DLC has to be a rival DLC. While the game#3 FAQ already stated that the Pre-order will be a race pack ;) And as the cards are dealed out so far, it rather looks like a race made for game#3 campaign map. The obvious lack of Chaos Dwarfs & Ogre Kingdoms so far would demand that.

------Red Dox
  • KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,163
    This post won't age well.

• KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 711
    This is a nice thread, no debates no discussions. Just one united voice.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,454
    Neodeinos said:

This topic is going to age like Centigor milk.

The half-life of your average thread is less than 24 hours anyway.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 675
    MiniaAr said:

Grace literally said this on reddit. WH 2 DLC and pre order are two different things.

Sigmar protect us all...

• Grom_the_PaunchGrom_the_Paunch Registered Users, Moderators Posts: 2,487
This discussion has been closed.