Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

I wish game companies still did this...

steam_1645133906776mxS0krsteam_1645133906776mxS0kr Registered Users Posts: 99
I wish they had secret unlockable cool stuff by accomplishing things. Like a really cool hero for one of the factions by completing a really difficult survival battle with someone or by yourself.
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 35,580
    Still did clickbait titles?

This is the internet. There are no secrets. And frankly I'd rather CA not waste the effort.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu usurper, pog wog warrior, poggers patroller

• joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,569
    Doesnt really work with today's customer mentality of entitlement and laziness. Its just the way it is imo.

"getting X is too hard, why do I have to unlock X when I paid for it!"

Cry me a river etc...
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • steam_1645133906776mxS0krsteam_1645133906776mxS0kr Registered Users Posts: 99

Still did clickbait titles?

This is the internet. There are no secrets. And frankly I'd rather CA not waste the effort.

Those too, I just feel like there’s not enough of them...

Doesnt really work with today's customer mentality of entitlement and laziness. Its just the way it is imo.

Cry me a river etc...

That really sucks. I know because of marketing they wouldn’t want to because they want to show the consumer what they’re getting but something small would t hurt and they could market the secret.
  • orpusristoorpusristo Registered Users Posts: 120

Cry me a river etc...

It's the opposite with resident evil village.
    Unlockables exist, noone seems to bat an eye.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

Cry me a river etc...

It's the opposite with resident evil village.
    Unlockables exist, noone seems to bat an eye.
    Well that game thinks the player is so braindead that they just hand you puzzle pieces instead if having to find them. I think that game boosts the original point of gAmErS being entitled/lazy.
  • AnnoyedOneEyedGuyAnnoyedOneEyedGuy Registered Users Posts: 2,473
    always thought in the Warhammer games you should get a LH or LL for beating the campaign
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,599
    I prefer having the content i payed for at my disposal.

• dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,326
    Moved to Off Topic as it is a business related discussion.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,658
    Older TW had unlocks that forced you to play one of a handful of factions to unlock the other playable factions.

It was massively stupid.

Why should you have to play X when you bought the game because it has Y?

You know what happened? We all went into the files and copy/pasted the factions into the playable list and never worried about it again. CA took notice of this and stopped.

Yay!

And now folks have the achievement system so they can get their head pats.

• LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,468
    3K have unlockable character and there is no rage over it.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,534
    Didn’t you get some extra characters for beating the game? Like Todbringer?
    Loreguy said:

3K have unlockable character and there is no rage over it.

Really? I’m going to buy 3k and shogun 2 when they go down in price but that would be cool.

Didn’t you get some extra characters for beating the game? Like Todbringer?

I don’t think so. My first ever campaign was with empire and I had him.
    Itharus said:

Older TW had unlocks that forced you to play one of a handful of factions to unlock the other playable factions.

It was massively stupid.

Why should you have to play X when you bought the game because it has Y?

You know what happened? We all went into the files and copy/pasted the factions into the playable list and never worried about it again. CA took notice of this and stopped.

Yay!

And now folks have the achievement system so they can get their head pats.

I guess I just don’t understand the argue meant. It’s like if you don’t want any obstacles in your games what’s the point of doing anything? Do you want tier 4 units when you start a campaign? Also the achievement system is hollow and feels like there’s no reward so I don’t ever care about them in any game.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file