Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

After 4 years of playing... i dont enjoy TW Warhammer anymore...

KaiserofKiotoKaiserofKioto Registered Users Posts: 80
edited May 2021 in General Discussion
I have every achivement and thousands of hours in those two games(mostly in second), and played as every lord. i was addicted, i LOVED this game, but recently i just feel nothing while playing it, no negative empotions, just... nothing.
and so i exit.

i guess i drained everything i could from this game, huh.

Anyone else has similar thing going on?

i hope that won't affect my enjoyment of third installemet, afer all, all my favorites(exept for already introduced empire and skaven) are about to arrive
Tagged:

Comments

• makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
    For that reason I hope there will be some innovations in TWW3.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160
    You should switch to warhammer 2 then....
  • Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764
    edited May 2021
    I mean it's normal, 4 years already is way more than you could expect from such a shallow game as warhammer. WH3 is coming, but that game won't keep your interest for longer, as its pretty much same as previous warhammer but with new races.

Edit. I recommend paradox games as your new source of enjoyment.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
  • LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,230
    edited May 2021
    Beef545 said:

I mean it's normal, 4 years already is way more than you could expect from such a shallow game as warhammer. WH3 is coming, but that game won't keep your interest for longer, as its pretty much same as previous warhammer but with new races.

Yeah I hear CK3 is a real innovation over the last one. They even managed to change like three things. Won't stop them releasing masses of DLC though.
    It's a beta.
  • PPerunPPerun Registered Users Posts: 366
    Beef545 said:

I recommend paradox games as your new source of enjoyment.

Oh yeah

• Rolf1989Rolf1989 Registered Users Posts: 546
    Just take a break until TWW3. Usually helps.
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,173

Beef545 said:

Yeah I hear CK3 is a real innovation over the last one. They even managed to change like three things. Won't stop them releasing masses of DLC though.
    If it works it works, better that than another Cyberpunk.

• RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141

I have every achivement and thousands of hours in those two games(mostly in second), and played as every lord. but recently i just feel nothing while playing it, no negative empotions, just... nothing.
    and so i exit.

i hope that won't affect my enjoyment of third installemet, afer all, all my favorites(exept for already introduced empire and skaven) are about to arrive

I wouldn't say that I don't enjoy it anymore. I just don't enjoy it as much as I did. But then again I enjoyed it A LOT. 17th of April 2019 marked the start of the decline of my enjoyment. But not before it spiked it. The Prophet and the Warlock came out and brought with it Tehenhauin, my favourite Lizardmen LL to play as as well as Lord Kroak and the Skaven Undercities that marked the time when Skaven finally started feeling like the were Skaven. It was a wonderful Lord Pack and I loved it to bits. But it also marked the end of Araby as a dream and the more time wore on from that point on it became increasingly clear that the only DLC to come was Lord Packs and that sort of sealed the fate of inevitable decline in interest from me.

I'm pessimistic about being as enthused by TWW3 as I was about TWW1 and 2. But that's only natural I guess. We've had years of what basically amounts to more of the same and unless something drastic was to happen I don't imagine TWW3 will diverge too much from the formula and thus won't be as reinvigorating as one would have liked. I'll still enjoy it though. How could I not?
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Vanilla_Gorilla#8529Vanilla_Gorilla#8529 Registered Users Posts: 39,790
    Then stop playing.

Games are about enjoyment. If you don't enjoy them don't play them.
    There are only two people better than me, and I'm both of them" - Vanilla Gorilla I am The Beast, Descendant of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, The great bright delight, Conqueror of Mountains, Purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster, The Avatar of Tuesday, Chief hype Train Conductor, Uwu Usurper, Pog Wog Warrior, Poggers Patroller, Alpha of the species, Apex protector, Praetor of Positivity, Drybrush Disciple, Sophisticated Savage.
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,790
    edited May 2021
    Beef545 said:

Paradox games are the ultimate number simulator, a bit boring really watching and managing numbers with nothing else to do.
    BEARS, Beets, Battlestar Galactica 🧝‍♀️ Pandas too please CA!
  • WaaaghCheif#7753WaaaghCheif#7753 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,379
    I feel it too, I only play as the new content drops. Currently on a 2 month hiatus from Wh2 since Rakarth. I will pick it up when the next LP drops.
  • XxXScorpionXxX#2310XxXScorpionXxX#2310 Registered Users Posts: 6,146
    it happens. take a break from it. Play something else until either the DLC drops or WH3 comes out. I'm playing Monster Hunter World Iceborne myself.
    Request scorched body textures, and fire death effects. At least 30% of all damage in this game comes from fire sources. Request Fire for the Fire God DLC.

Beef545 said:

The ultimate number simulator, a bit boring really watching and managing numbers with nothing else to do.

That's what Eu4 is about, Ck2 has plenty of RPG elements and stellaris is about roleplaying and building your own story. Haven't played the others. What's funny is that i have the most hours in eu4, while it is all about numbers at the same time it is relatively deep game and there is always sometihng to do.
  • AwesomeLion#3654AwesomeLion#3654 Member Registered Users Posts: 1,283
    As some others have pointed out it sounds like you could use a break from the game. Take a hiatus, play something else, and just wait for the hype to build up for TWW3 :smile:

Hope you get the glow back.
    Total War: Warhammer <3
  • RikRiorik#9890RikRiorik#9890 Registered Users Posts: 12,141
    edited May 2021

it happens. take a break from it. Play something else until either the DLC drops or WH3 comes out. I'm playing Monster Hunter World Iceborne myself.

Or pick up another hobby. I picked up skateboarding in May 2019, just around the time when my interest in the game started becoming less pronounced.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157Fingolfin_the-Golden#2157 Registered Users Posts: 6,790
    Beef545 said:

Beef545 said:

The ultimate number simulator, a bit boring really watching and managing numbers with nothing else to do.

That's what Eu4 is about, Ck2 has plenty of RPG elements and stellaris is about roleplaying and building your own story. Haven't played the others. What's funny is that i have the most hours in eu4, while it is all about numbers at the same time it is relatively deep game and there is always sometihng to do.
    That’s cool, you do you.
    I was slight intrigued by ck2 but not really for me. Eu4 was a stretch for me.
    But hope you enjoy.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    It is natural but play other games and then come back when WH3 hits or immortal empires for WH3.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    RikRiorik said:

I wouldn't say that I don't enjoy it anymore. I just don't enjoy it as much as I did. But then again I enjoyed it A LOT. 17th of April 2019 marked the start of the decline of my enjoyment. But not before it spiked it. The Prophet and the Warlock came out and brought with it Tehenhauin, my favourite Lizardmen LL to play as as well as Lord Kroak and the Skaven Undercities that marked the time when Skaven finally started feeling like the were Skaven. It was a wonderful Lord Pack and I loved it to bits. But it also marked the end of Araby as a dream and the more time wore on from that point on it became increasingly clear that the only DLC to come was Lord Packs and that sort of sealed the fate of inevitable decline in interest from me.

It's interesting because that was the same thing that made me quit for a while (VC instead of Araby then) and realizing I would need to heavily mod to avoid the traps of longer campaigns and their silly stacks. I realized I'd been quitting a lot of campaigns and among the four core races, the two elves never really grew on me. I ended playing mostly LM and TK, but never drew myself to really conclude the vortex.
    Then there was ME and all the reworks, unfortunately that computer that was enough to enjoy the first game was too slow for turn time and as I played other games it slipped out of my focus.

I'll add that by following some modders I grew kinda angry at the amount of bugs and broken features and the long speel between fixes at the time. Seems it got better but tbh only TWW3 has rekindled my interested.

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    Beef545 said:

Paradox games are no better in that regard. TW warhammer will always have the cool and immersive factor, something pdx games just does not have. Ofc all these games are top notch in terms of replayability compared to 99% of other games.
    RikRiorik said:

Or pick up another hobby. I picked up skateboarding in May 2019, just around the time when my interest in the game started becoming less pronounced.
    Skateboarding is dangerous, if OP really needs new hobby then i suggest getting a pet ( cat preferably) or reading books, there's plenty of good books out there, even in fanstasy genre. Malazan book of the fallen for example is just as grimdark as warhammer but actually written in serious tone. Stormlight archives and Kingkiller chronicles also nice, although aimed for a younger audience.
  • Sir_Godspeed#8395Sir_Godspeed#8395 Registered Users Posts: 3,646
    4 years for any game is pretty good.

This idea that you should expect to play the same game over and over for over a decade or something is bizarre to me.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,765
    edited May 2021
    I mean if it took you 4 years to finally get over Warhammer, I'd say you definitely got your moneys worth.

Nothing wrong with taking a break. I have thousands of hours in both games (more then I'd like to admit) and I'm taking a break until Game 3 releases.

Currently replaying Fallout 4 and having a blast.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
    I just bought Predator: Hunting Grounds and I'm having fun but it will die in like 2 months, Warhammer has been in my head for 2 years already, dunno why, maybe it is called replayablity.

The last FLC Rakarth I haven't even tried yet, I uninstalled WH2 when Twister twilight unit cards came out, waiting for a fix to install it again.
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Improve UI

Beef545 said:

RikRiorik said:

Skateboarding is dangerous, if OP really needs new hobby then i suggest getting a pet ( cat preferably) or reading books, there's plenty of good books out there, even in fanstasy genre. Malazan book of the fallen for example is just as grimdark as warhammer but actually written in serious tone. Stormlight archives and Kingkiller chronicles also nice, although aimed for a younger audience.
    Cats are evil.
    Don’t get a cat.
    Also, TW:WH broke this guy:

After realizing how total war and paradox games DLC schedules (might) make you addicted, he decided to erase his channel.

His last official video was this: at the end he decides to finish his total war youtuber status.
    *Improve UI

• griffithx#1314griffithx#1314 Registered Users Posts: 1,518
    edited May 2021

I have every achivement and thousands of hours in those two games(mostly in second), and played as every lord. i was addicted, i LOVED this game, but recently i just feel nothing while playing it, no negative empotions, just... nothing.
    and so i exit.

There are very few things you could do for 4 years and not get burned out on.
    Best to just find something else that you enjoy and maybe after an equal time away from it you might find enjoyment in it again...or not.
  • Veetas#7265Veetas#7265 Registered Users Posts: 23

Yep me. Between waiting for the next DLC for WH2 and knowing WH3 will be here probably within the next 6 months, I just don't have the appetite to play anymore, and haven't played since early March. I'm still here every day checking for WH3 news though.

I've started playing Rimworld recently, really amazing colony sim that steals your life just like WH2 does.
  • Mazisky#3267Mazisky#3267 Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    Try Xcom 2.

It has a very similar structure with a campaign and battles but it is a lot different at the same time.

I love both games and somehow I put them in the same spectrum
  • ArecBalrin#2350ArecBalrin#2350 Registered Users Posts: 2,935
    Play Shogun 2 and/or Fall of The Samurai. Then play Rome 2.

Then spend years thinking about what the Warhammer trilogy could have been, had it been build on the design foundations of the former rather than the latter.
  • Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920Hourgath_the_Hutrid#4920 Registered Users Posts: 902
    My friend playing this for 4 years and feeling tired from it is normal you are just burn out just stop playing awhile let's the time pass let that inner warhammer build up and return when you feel like it heck you can wait till warhammer 3 ...but in general do what you think is fit .