Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Known IssueSerious sound tearing/lag problem

CharlieGoldCharlieGold Registered Users Posts: 41
edited June 6 in Campaign and Battle Bugs
I never had that kind of problem with any total war game or any game.
every 5-10 seconds there is a noticeable sound lag/stutter on the battle map ( not on campaign map ) after some time its extremely annoying, and basically I stopped playing this game due to this weird bug.
Any Idea on how to resolve it ?
Post edited by CA_Dimitar on

Comments

• Fitipaldi94Fitipaldi94 Registered Users Posts: 5
    having this issue as well
  • SrakoZergSrakoZerg Registered Users Posts: 11
    They knew about this problem 3 moth ago. And they dont do anything... they dont care...
  • CharlieGoldCharlieGold Registered Users Posts: 41
    SrakoZerg said:

They knew about this problem 3 moth ago. And they dont do anything... they dont care...

Can't say i'm surprised, CA have tendency to leave a lot of bugs behind

having this issue as well

so lets keep that thread alive, its the best we can do
  • AtomicGandhiAtomicGandhi Registered Users Posts: 29
    CA Pls. This bug makes the game unbearable to play because the beautiful audio just gets chopped to pieces by this bug.
  • CA_DimitarCA_Dimitar Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 130
    Hello,

Thanks for your patience and reports. We know about this issue and the dev team has been investigating it.

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • CA_DimitarCA_Dimitar Registered Users, Moderators, CA Staff Posts: 130
    edited June 7
    Hello @CharlieGold , @AtomicGandhi , @Fitipaldi94 and @SrakoZerg ,

Could you please check for the following information, so we can investigate the issue further:

1. Is the sound stutter accompanied by FPS drop every time?
    2. Does this happen both in campaign and custom battle?
    3. Does this happen even if you don't have any cavalry units in your army?
    4. Are all the sounds in the game affected or only the cavalry sound effects stutter?
    5. Does turning grass and water effects off as on the provided screenshot solve the issue in any way?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

FORMAL DISCLAIMER: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • AtomicGandhiAtomicGandhi Registered Users Posts: 29
    edited June 10
    Hi @CA_Dimitar ,

I ran a few tests with a few different custom and campaign battles.

I tried the exact settings listed here. I also tried Lowest and Highest settings, V Sync on and off, Unlimited memory on and off.

None of them have any impact on the sound stutter bug. I don't think it's related to performance strain on a users machine, as the bug seems totally decoupled from the graphics settings strain or the size of a battle.

It's worth noting, that this bug only causes the sound to stutter, and not the actual game simulation. Visually the game flows fine, but once every 5 seconds or so the sound 'pops' out, or is "Torn" out for lack of a better word, for 1 second. This is more frequent when selecting units and giving orders, and less frequent when simply watching.

This bug was introduced in the Ajax and Diomedes DLC release, before then (and now), I could run Max settings Extreme Unit size just fine in 20V20 battles with no lag at all, and with only a minor performance decrease in 40vs40 battles. Additionally the sound was unaffected regardless of how badly the game was slowing down due to graphics/cpu overload.

Currently, any graphics settings I use still have the sound bug.

EDIT: I also tried my other PC, my Speakers, and 2 different headsets.
    Idk what the problem is but it definitely seems to be the Game doing it.

Hello @CharlieGold , @AtomicGandhi , @Fitipaldi94 and @SrakoZerg ,

Could you please check for the following information, so we can investigate the issue further:

1. Is the sound stutter accompanied by FPS drop every time?
    2. Does this happen both in campaign and custom battle?
    3. Does this happen even if you don't have any cavalry units in your army?
    4. Are all the sounds in the game affected or only the cavalry sound effects stutter?
    5. Does turning grass and water effects off as on the provided screenshot solve the issue in any way?

Cheers,
    Dimitar
    CA Sofia QA Team

1. No, my fps is very stable
    2. Only in battle, there is no stutter on campaign map
    3. It happens anyway no matter if i use cav or not
    4. all sounds are affected
    5. I checked on all setting from very low to very high/ultra still the same sound problem

Hi @CA_Dimitar ,

I ran a few tests with a few different custom and campaign battles.

I tried the exact settings listed here. I also tried Lowest and Highest settings, V Sync on and off, Unlimited memory on and off.

None of them have any impact on the sound stutter bug. I don't think it's related to performance strain on a users machine, as the bug seems totally decoupled from the graphics settings strain or the size of a battle.

It's worth noting, that this bug only causes the sound to stutter, and not the actual game simulation. Visually the game flows fine, but once every 5 seconds or so the sound 'pops' out, or is "Torn" out for lack of a better word, for 1 second. This is more frequent when selecting units and giving orders, and less frequent when simply watching.

This bug was introduced in the Ajax and Diomedes DLC release, before then (and now), I could run Max settings Extreme Unit size just fine in 20V20 battles with no lag at all, and with only a minor performance decrease in 40vs40 battles. Additionally the sound was unaffected regardless of how badly the game was slowing down due to graphics/cpu overload.

Currently, any graphics settings I use still have the sound bug.

EDIT: I also tried my other PC, my Speakers, and 2 different headsets.
    Idk what the problem is but it definitely seems to be the Game doing it.

same,bump