Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The lack of “real” news is getting annoying.

IceDIceD MemberNetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 669
edited May 2021 in Total War General Chat
Title.
Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
Post edited by dge1 on

Comments

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    What do you mean "Getting"?
  • Djau#5149Djau#5149 Registered Users Posts: 12,172
    Give it to 7pm...thats when Skulls usually starts if I remember.

• Killertut#9655Killertut#9655 Registered Users Posts: 1,125
    i mean the game will most likely be released late november or early december.
    i except news every 2-3 weeks. no sense to look forward to a weekly trailer or blogpost with big info drops.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160
    Agreed.
    Hopefully that means they are taking the concerns ,voiced about the overuse of "Ice and Bears" and the generic units of Kislev beeing changed up completely, serious and try to address them.

• kabulk#6557kabulk#6557 Registered Users Posts: 1,228
    I think this week they have been buying time till SfTST. Otherwise I fully agree with you
  • dodge33cymru#1936dodge33cymru#1936 Registered Users Posts: 3,430
    Yeah, units and rosters are one thing but I would very much like to know how the game itself has improved/evolved/moved forward.
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

This is the worst marketing I've ever seen for a AAA company.

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

They're not even lying to us like most companies or old CA did.

At this point I might not pre-order just out of spite.

Are you going to ditch WH3?

If not, then the marketing is for sure not the "worst you've ever seen".

Considering that people complain about not getting MORE info for WH3 I'd say the marketing is quite effective at getting people hooked for more.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474
    TeNoSkill said:

Agreed.
    Hopefully that means they are taking the concerns ,voiced about the overuse of "Ice and Bears" and the generic units of Kislev beeing changed up completely, serious and try to address them.

They are not going to make any drastic changes, the most I see them doing is cutting some ice here and there, but the units are going to stay esentially the same.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.

Also, the marketing is fine. Their reveal trailer had over 700K views on YouTube, which doesn't account for all the other places people saw the trailer, the game mode reveal, the in-game trailer, etc. Lots of people saw the game info and lots of people pre-ordered the game. That is pretty much the definition of "good marketing."
  • EmrysorEmrysor Registered Users Posts: 522
    They have already a lot news in my opinion. Doesn't matter how much they tease, I cannot play untill release anyway.. maybe get hypes the month before release.
  • capybarasiesta89#4722capybarasiesta89#4722 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,463

This is again something they can learn from Games Workshop which they cooperate with.

One of the most successful TW games to date, with huge demand and successful DLC's and they just ignore it and shoot thems in foot.

And that pre order Race revealed "Very Soon" is just infuriating at this point.

"Soon™" is leaving bad taste after last few years
    h1feizw8yzk6.jpg
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,499

It'd be a sensible decision, I don't think spite factors into it.

If this was a standalone game with a release date five months away, would you pre-order based on what little you've seen, and what even less you're being told? Probably not.

Treat CA and TWW3 as you would any other developer's new title. Don't pre-order until you've a clear idea of what you're getting.

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.
    You know there's two other games in the trilogy this forum is about? I don't need 3 to use and banter in this forum.
    Personally I won't purchase a game I know nothing about, if you do that speaks more about little you want to know about a product before purchasing it.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

Also, the marketing is fine. Their reveal trailer had over 700K views on YouTube, which doesn't account for all the other places people saw the trailer, the game mode reveal, the in-game trailer, etc. Lots of people saw the game info and lots of people pre-ordered the game. That is pretty much the definition of "good marketing."

I'll only accept a written apology and a change to your signature that you'll never question me or my integrity again.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160

TeNoSkill said:

Agreed.

They are not going to make any drastic changes, the most I see them doing is cutting some ice here and there, but the units are going to stay esentially the same.
    We´ll see, the stakes are high again with WH 3 and it´s not like fuss about that would be good.

I'll only accept a written apology and a change to your signature that you'll never question me or my integrity again.
    You bought a physical from EB. Checkmate.

Sweet Hashut, is that in Australian $? I knew prices where crazy down there, but that's insane.
    - Anonymous

Sweet Hashut, is that in Australian $? I knew prices where crazy down there, but that's insane.

Some PS5 games are 125$ dollars and most PC are actually 99.99$.

Yeah I should start a youtube channel, do speculation videos off notepad, and say every sentence in a high pitched tone like it's a question. Then get Indy to hit me up with a content creators copy.
    TeNoSkill said:

TeNoSkill said:

Agreed.

We´ll see, the stakes are high again with WH 3 and it´s not like fuss about that would be good.
    Seeing the like/dislike ratio on all their videos so far, the complains are in the minority at this point, only something on the scale of Cyberpunk or No Man's Sky would force CA to make any drastic changes, and this is not the case.
    - Anonymous
  • TheShiroOfDaltonTheShiroOfDalton Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001

This is again something they can learn from Games Workshop which they cooperate with.

One of the most successful TW games to date, with huge demand and successful DLC's and they just ignore it and shoot thems in foot.

People are drooling for more WH3 info, they could throw out a picture of a Great Unclean One crapping on the patio as "news" and it would get 10000 upvotes on reddit. So what exactly should they "learn"?

Yup and steam in general tend to be on the cheaper side too. If you walked into a gaming store I'd expect WH:3 to be $100 at least.

How does people even afford things? If prices are that high at least salaries should as on the same level, otherwise people can't even afford a lot of things.
    - Anonymous

Yeah I should start a youtube channel, do speculation videos off notepad, and say every sentence in a high pitched tone like it's a question. Then get Indy to hit me up with a content creators copy.
    Currently everyone and their mother has a YouTube channel, the market is pretty saturated at the moment.
    - Anonymous

Yup and steam in general tend to be on the cheaper side too. If you walked into a gaming store I'd expect WH:3 to be $100 at least.
    Apparently at EB it's still 89.95 but that might change of course.

How does people even afford things? If prices are that high at least salaries should as on the same level, otherwise people can't even afford a lot of things.

Well for me, I don't buy games on launch. Last time I did was Doom Eternal and before that I was too young to buy my own games, so my brothers did and last time they paid full price was Bloodborne. So yeah. Is why I need to know about Warhammer III and see if it's worth full price or another bargain wait.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,499

Currently everyone and their mother has a YouTube channel, the market is pretty saturated at the moment.

A YouTube channel featuring me and my mother would actually be pretty entertaining.

For everyone else, not so much me. It'd probably feature her recounting every youthful accident and embarrassment I ever had whilst shrieking with laughter at the memory

Bloody woman can still be reduced to tears of laughter remembering the time I broke my toe on the corner of the living room settee. She even does an impression of me hopping around the room yelling whilst telling the story.
    For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • MrDragon#2461MrDragon#2461 Registered Users Posts: 3,545
    What lack of news?! We just got a pair Kislev trailers and gameplay press demo thing this month.
    How is that a lack of 'real' news?

Yes I want some TWWH2 news. That would be nice. But there's not a lack of news right now.
    Arsenic said:

A YouTube channel featuring me and my mother would actually be pretty entertaining.

For everyone else, not so much me. It'd probably feature her recounting every youthful accident and embarrassment I ever had whilst shrieking with laughter at the memory

Bloody woman can still be reduced to tears of laughter remembering the time I broke my toe on the corner of the living room settee. She even does an impression of me hopping around the room yelling whilst telling the story.
    Awww. That sounds cute, you should do it.
  • LuciusCornelius#7004LuciusCornelius#7004 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,296

Here's the thing it's a lot easier to ask for content then to make the content.

Since CA first released Total War: Warhammer, they have released and added tons of content for the game. They have refined, retooled and reworked almost every faction in the game during that time, and as time has gone by I would say the quality has typically gone up.

I'm not sure how any sane person can argue that Warhammer is being ignored, when CA have a DLC for the 2nd game coming soon and a release for the third game within this year. Not to mention another solid update/DLC that released earlier this year.

CA can reveal information when they are ready, and you can make your purchase when you are ready. If you are infuriated over the situation, then it may be time for some counseling.