Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The lack of “real” news is getting annoying.

Comments

• LordCommander#3741LordCommander#3741 Registered Users Posts: 3,229

Some PS5 games are 125$ dollars and most PC are actually 99.99$.

Jesus. I assume those prices were to help pay for the war reparations to the Emus after the peace talks.
    It's a beta.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

Arsenic said:

Currently everyone and their mother has a YouTube channel, the market is pretty saturated at the moment.

A YouTube channel featuring me and my mother would actually be pretty entertaining.

For everyone else, not so much me. It'd probably feature her recounting every youthful accident and embarrassment I ever had whilst shrieking with laughter at the memory

Bloody woman can still be reduced to tears of laughter remembering the time I broke my toe on the corner of the living room settee. She even does an impression of me hopping around the room yelling whilst telling the story.
    Awww. That sounds cute, you should do it.
    I would watch it. I want to know if Arsenic sounds as nice as he types.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • GreenColoured#2445GreenColoured#2445 Registered Users Posts: 6,960
    IDGAF about anything atm except for

1) What the last WH2 DLC is

And

2) What the pre-order race is..or rather hopefully is not (CD and OK)
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474

Some PS5 games are 125$ dollars and most PC are actually 99.99$.

Jesus. I assume those prices were to help pay for the war reparations to the Emus after the peace talks.
    It still amuses me that that is an actual war, kinda.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,074
    Hmmm.. everyone’s dying for WH news, what to do?

Tell them about 3K 2 as the next historical.

Good call! We can kill 2 birds with one stone and make both historical and fantasy unhappy.
  • #324448#324448 Florida, USARegistered Users Posts: 2,146

This is the worst marketing I've ever seen for a AAA company.

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

They're not even lying to us like most companies or old CA did.

At this point I might not pre-order just out of spite.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.

Also, the marketing is fine. Their reveal trailer had over 700K views on YouTube, which doesn't account for all the other places people saw the trailer, the game mode reveal, the in-game trailer, etc. Lots of people saw the game info and lots of people pre-ordered the game. That is pretty much the definition of "good marketing."

I'll only accept a written apology and a change to your signature that you'll never question me or my integrity again.
    Oh, so you're not planning on buying the game? Because if not, that doesn't invalidate @bradleyvincentwells's point.
    Remember: there's no reason to get angry on the forums. Be polite and respectful towards other people's opinions, even if you disagree.

Let Slip the Dogs of War - A fanmade Campaign Pack concept
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/303462/let-loose-the-dogs-of-war-a-fanmade-campaign-pack-concept
  • Bies#4376Bies#4376 Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 5,847

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.

Also, the marketing is fine. Their reveal trailer had over 700K views on YouTube, which doesn't account for all the other places people saw the trailer, the game mode reveal, the in-game trailer, etc. Lots of people saw the game info and lots of people pre-ordered the game. That is pretty much the definition of "good marketing."

I'll only accept a written apology and a change to your signature that you'll never question me or my integrity again.
    Oh, so you're not planning on buying the game? Because if not, that doesn't invalidate @bradleyvincentwells's point.
    why buying now /just buy 1 day before release and get all the pre-order goodies ;)

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• GradenGraden Senior Member Corinth, GreeceRegistered Users Posts: 733

Completely agree. Seriously.

I had this discussion with some of my friends the other day. I love CA's games and I'm entirely grateful for bringing the Warhammer Fantasy's world to life.

But holy Jesus man. As you said, this kind of marketing is by far the worst I've ever seen for a triple A company. Honestly I cannot explain why. And it's not a recent phenomenon, mind you.
    I've been saying this since the first TW:W. Remember the 'Old Friend' fiasco? I will never forget it.
  • NoSkill4U#6552NoSkill4U#6552 Registered Users Posts: 5,160
    Graden said:

I had this discussion with some of my friends the other day. I love CA's games and I'm entirely grateful for bringing the Warhammer Fantasy's world to life.

But holy Jesus man. As you said, this kind of marketing is by far the worst I've ever seen for a triple A company. Honestly I cannot explain why. And it's not a recent phenomenon, mind you.
    I've been saying this since the first TW:W. Remember the 'Old Friend' fiasco? I will never forget it.
    They suffer for it, every Tuesday newsday

And Wednewsday, as of recently...
  • peabodyestate#9505peabodyestate#9505 Registered Users Posts: 1,595
    There are so many months to go before release. Its impossible to have meaningful and impactful news drops daily or weekly. Its coming, you know it is. Lets wait until its almost released.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,723
    Well, the 3K fandom got some real news today, but they are not exactly super excited about them...

Bies said:

why buying now /just buy 1 day before release and get all the pre-order goodies ;)
    You can buy it up to the week after release and still get the Preorder, so we are not in a hurry.
    - Anonymous
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

Well, the 3K fandom got some real news today, but they are not exactly super excited about them...

Who cares about them though lol.
  • LuciusCornelius#7004LuciusCornelius#7004 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,296

I mean, he only has 3300 hours invested in the first 2 games. If he bought all the content for both games it would be around $300 US. That is only averaging 11 hours of gameplay per dollar spent. He probably figures that the third game won't be worth his money.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763

All 10 of them? Lol.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313
    Graden said:

I mean are you going to buy the game though? If the answers yes at anything between now and release then their marketing is doing just fine. People round here really need to realise that those who hang around refreshing pages every five minutes for the smallest scrap of news don't need marketing to, CA's already won you.
  • davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,074

Tbf, I’m not keen on the idea of a fan base paying a lot of money for a game plus DLC and being told ‘shows over, now buy this new version’, it’s a worry for how we maybe treated in the future.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927
    edited May 2021

I have never pre-ordered, and I assure you, I'm not buying this game by default.

Decisively not if they screw Papa Nurgle over on launch.

So, no, there are some of us who still poses sanity rather than blind consumerism.
    Bies said:

In theory you could do it like that. But even that doesn't work for me, unless they really let the content creators have a free reign over the gameplay for a week.

The only acceptable time period for buying it early is that one week grace period, when people start tearing into the game to see for themselves what actually is going on in there. The youtubers and CA's own word can't be trusted.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

I mean, he only has 3300 hours invested in the first 2 games. If he bought all the content for both games it would be around $300 US. That is only averaging 11 hours of gameplay per dollar spent. He probably figures that the third game won't be worth his money.
    I'm not sure what you guys are trying to prove. I didn't buy the TK and Q&C until 2 years after WH:2 launched out of protest at how bad the ME campaign was. I refused to pay premium to be a beta tester for CA.

But I'm clearly here because I'm a fan of the series, and if the marketing continues to bring more frustration than joy I'll wait for a sale after release.

Fear not, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to lead the campaign for a Dwarf rework.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.

How has been the reaction so far? I would imagine that not a lot of people will be happy about it.
    - Anonymous

Tbf, I’m not keen on the idea of a fan base paying a lot of money for a game plus DLC and being told ‘shows over, now buy this new version’, it’s a worry for how we maybe treated in the future.
    CA is unethical yes. We've known this for a long time. My literal introduction to the company is when they cut out a recreation of Alien to dangle nostalgia as pre order DLC. I being a little kid bought it hook, line and sinker.

They've always treated us like trash, we just like the content they make so we stick around. This is why they don't share news also since they know we're used to their garbage.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

There are so many months to go before release. Its impossible to have meaningful and impactful news drops daily or weekly. Its coming, you know it is. Lets wait until its almost released.

Many months? Ok so Troy will be released on steam, so it will prolly come with a DLC, so give it 1-2 months for them to hype that. Warhammer 2 DLC , another 1-2 months of hype, that's 2-4 months already. We are almost in June. That's 7 months from release assuming it gets released on December 31 2021.

So they have between 5-3 months of marketing . We do not know what the pre-order race is, we have nothing on 4 of the races, nothing complete on the two races we know, we know nothing about the campaign, nothing about diplomacy, very few changes seen so far.

But yes, as many like to say ''many months away''.
  • ROMOBOY#7812ROMOBOY#7812 Registered Users Posts: 4,823

I'm not sure what you guys are trying to prove. I didn't buy the TK and Q&C until 2 years after WH:2 launched out of protest at how bad the ME campaign was. I refused to pay premium to be a beta tester for CA.

But I'm clearly here because I'm a fan of the series, and if the marketing continues to bring more frustration than joy I'll wait for a sale after release.

Fear not, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to lead the campaign for a Dwarf rework.
    I think people fail to understand that other people have different levels of restraint.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,723

How has been the reaction so far? I would imagine that not a lot of people will be happy about it.
    Firstly confusion, because the video wasn't clear at all. Now, it's mostly negative.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927

Just a clarification, the next game... is it a Total War title? Or do they intend to do something else with Three Kingdoms period?
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.

CA is unethical yes. We've known this for a long time. My literal introduction to the company is when they cut out a recreation of Alien to dangle nostalgia as pre order DLC. I being a little kid bought it hook, line and sinker.

They've always treated us like trash, we just like the content they make so we stick around. This is why they don't share news also since they know we're used to their garbage.
    I don’t think they’ve ever been so bad, nothing like EA or Bethsheda.. this is pushing the limits though for me. I’ll need more info on what they’re doing but this is coming across as deviant.
    ROMOBOY said:

I think people fail to understand that other people have different levels of restraint.
    Yes, projection I call it. They pre order without knowing anything and assume the rest of us are that... naive is only word I can use to not get banned. Lmao.
    Crossil said:

Just a clarification, the next game... is it a Total War title? Or do they intend to do something else with Three Kingdoms period?

I’m going off this? What do you make of it? I don’t jump to conclusions but it’s coming across as trolling.
  • Black_Phillip#5773Black_Phillip#5773 Registered Users Posts: 925
    How are people this entitled? They have like 5 to 7 months until release and people are already complaining just two weeks after we got a big gameplay reveal.

Firstly confusion, because the video wasn't clear at all. Now, it's mostly negative.
    Expected, specially since they kind of confirmed a while back a Korean expansion if I remember correctly.

Also, this has kind of come out of nowhere.
    - Anonymous