Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The lack of “real” news is getting annoying.

Comments

• UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487

I don’t think they’ve ever been so bad, nothing like EA or Bethsheda.. this is pushing the limits though for me. I’ll need more info on what they’re doing but this is coming across as deviant.

That's the issue. So many companies are so much worse, so we have an extremely low expectation of all the others and judge them against the worst of the worst.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

How are people this entitled? They have like 5 to 7 months until release and people are already complaining just two weeks after we got a big gameplay reveal.

You really think we're 7 months from WH:3 with the news we just heard?

3K is going into maintenance mode, it's not unreasonable to assume it's because the studio is now working on a new title. They wouldn't be doing so if Warhammer 3 wasn't close to finished.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • Sheikh_Nimr#9382Sheikh_Nimr#9382 Riyadh, Saudi ArabiaRegistered Users Posts: 1,723

Well, the 3K fandom got some real news today, but they are not exactly super excited about them...

How has been the reaction so far? I would imagine that not a lot of people will be happy about it.
    Firstly confusion, because the video wasn't clear at all. Now, it's mostly negative.
    Expected, specially since they kind of confirmed a while back a Korean expansion if I remember correctly.

Also, this has kind of come out of nowhere.
    Not sure about Korea, I think that was just fan speculation, but CA had confirmed that the upcoming DLC was about the northern tribes. Grace confirmed it has been cancelled.

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 14,927

Crossil said:

Well, the 3K fandom got some real news today, but they are not exactly super excited about them...

Who cares about them though lol.
    Tbf, I’m not keen on the idea of a fan base paying a lot of money for a game plus DLC and being told ‘shows over, now buy this new version’, it’s a worry for how we maybe treated in the future.
    Just a clarification, the next game... is it a Total War title? Or do they intend to do something else with Three Kingdoms period?

I’m going off this? What do you make of it? I don’t jump to conclusions but it’s coming across as trolling.
    I mean... I know of the comment from the other thread, but I wondered if they stated it's a new TW 3K game.

Looking at the comment it seems accurate.

An alternative possibility as to how they might make it viable, might be that majority if not all of that game's content carries over.

Although... heh, maybe they make it into a mobile game... you know, like that TWW title.
    Furthermore, I consider that Daemon Prince must be removed.

How are people this entitled? They have like 5 to 7 months until release and people are already complaining just two weeks after we got a big gameplay reveal.

Did you forget the 3 months of radio silence? If wanting a company to advertise to me is considered entitled, than a ton of other companies wish their customers were entitled.
  • Black_Phillip#5773Black_Phillip#5773 Registered Users Posts: 925

You really think we're 7 months from WH:3 with the news we just heard?

3K is going into maintenance mode, it's not unreasonable to assume it's because the studio is now working on a new title. They wouldn't be doing so if Warhammer 3 wasn't close to finished.
    I have no idea, that's why I gave an approximate range of October to December. When people say late in the year they usually mean September to December.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474

Crossil said:

Tbf, I’m not keen on the idea of a fan base paying a lot of money for a game plus DLC and being told ‘shows over, now buy this new version’, it’s a worry for how we maybe treated in the future.
    Just a clarification, the next game... is it a Total War title? Or do they intend to do something else with Three Kingdoms period?

I’m going off this? What do you make of it? I don’t jump to conclusions but it’s coming across as trolling.
    Not even patches? Damn, I haven't checked the patch notes for the one they just released, but if the game isn't going to recieve more patches, it better be a perfect one.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335

This is the worst marketing I've ever seen for a AAA company.

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

They're not even lying to us like most companies or old CA did.

At this point I might not pre-order just out of spite.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.
    You know there's two other games in the trilogy this forum is about? I don't need 3 to use and banter in this forum.
    Personally I won't purchase a game I know nothing about, if you do that speaks more about little you want to know about a product before purchasing it.
    Look at all the posts on this forum going back to when the TW:WH3 trailer was first announced. Ain't nobody here talking about WH1 or WH2. Pretty much every single topic is discussing WH3 or is related to it in some way.

And if you are waiting to purchase the game, cool. I haven't pre-ordered it myself. But don't try to fool me or yourself. You are going to buy the game. Unless you are a troll (which you are not), the odds of someone posting in here and not buying the game are pretty small.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

Arsenic said:

Currently everyone and their mother has a YouTube channel, the market is pretty saturated at the moment.

A YouTube channel featuring me and my mother would actually be pretty entertaining.

For everyone else, not so much me. It'd probably feature her recounting every youthful accident and embarrassment I ever had whilst shrieking with laughter at the memory

Bloody woman can still be reduced to tears of laughter remembering the time I broke my toe on the corner of the living room settee. She even does an impression of me hopping around the room yelling whilst telling the story.
    Awww. That sounds cute, you should do it.
    I would watch it. I want to know if Arsenic sounds as nice as he types.
    I'm not the only one picturing him having the strongest posh english accent ever, right ?
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

Did you forget the 3 months of radio silence? If wanting a company to advertise to me is considered entitled, than a ton of other companies wish their customers were entitled.
    Remember, Grace literally said they regretted selling WH:1 DLC so fast because people kept comparing the WH:1 and 2 DLC cycles and the 6 month droughts.

CA actually complained about how much content we want. Let that sink in.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
    edited May 2021

But that's not what people are complaining about. If you were complaining about it before we got the gameplay reveal that it's been 3 months without news then it's understandable to complain. It's not reasonable to complain 2 weeks after we got a gameplay reveal and a lot of information.

And obviously they're picking up the pace of news now. If they continued news every 3 months there wouldn't be enough time before release.
  • bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335
    MrDragon said:

What lack of news?! We just got a pair Kislev trailers and gameplay press demo thing this month.
    How is that a lack of 'real' news?

Yes I want some TWWH2 news. That would be nice. But there's not a lack of news right now.

Exactly. People screaming about a "lack of news" are simply lacking perspective. For marketing people, this type of thing is good because it clearly demonstrates that the people "complaining" about a "lack of news" are actually really jazzed about the game and are very likely to buy it.

Always leave your audience wanting more.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Crossil said:

Legitimately have no idea, the wording is so vague, it could be anything !
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,763

Remember, Grace literally said they regretted selling WH:1 DLC so fast because people kept comparing the WH:1 and 2 DLC cycles and the 6 month droughts.

Tell that to the higher ups making all that lovely Warhammer cash lol.

Some naive community manager doesn’t speak for CA as a whole I’m sure.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Cyresdog#8125Cyresdog#8125 Registered Users Posts: 1,524

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

Are you going to ditch WH3?

If not, then the marketing is for sure not the "worst you've ever seen".

Considering that people complain about not getting MORE info for WH3 I'd say the marketing is quite effective at getting people hooked for more.
    Hyped =/= hooked
    Hooked =/= good

People aren't hooked for more they are frustrated at CA for the lack of anything useful or interesting.
    They have shown 1 "new" unit the bear sled. And would you look at that. Most of the community dislike them

• KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 2,464

Honestly that alone should have been the hint to replace the marketing department. Companies want the players to be excited for more DLC, not less since that means more chances to make bigger $.

I am curious if that comment was ever brought to the shareholders to see what they think about it. ''You guys are making too much money, leave us alone so we can make you less!''.
  • saweendra#3399saweendra#3399 Registered Users Posts: 19,566
    TeNoSkill said:

TeNoSkill said:

Agreed.
    Hopefully that means they are taking the concerns ,voiced about the overuse of "Ice and Bears" and the generic units of Kislev beeing changed up completely, serious and try to address them.

They are not going to make any drastic changes, the most I see them doing is cutting some ice here and there, but the units are going to stay esentially the same.
    We´ll see, the stakes are high again with WH 3 and it´s not like fuss about that would be good.
    It won't really. Because the whole concept is form GW. Unlike CA they don't give a ****. About concern

#givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc

• davedave1124#4773davedave1124#4773 Senior Member St Helens UKRegistered Users Posts: 22,075
    Crossil said:

Crossil said:

I mean... I know of the comment from the other thread, but I wondered if they stated it's a new TW 3K game.

Looking at the comment it seems accurate.

An alternative possibility as to how they might make it viable, might be that majority if not all of that game's content carries over.

Although... heh, maybe they make it into a mobile game... you know, like that TWW title.
    I’ve just watched the video again and they mention ‘carry on creating TW content in this era’.

It feels like they enjoyed the initial sales and would like to go back to that ‘happy time’ without considering the other issues with doing that.

Need more info but this seems pretty poor.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.
    You know there's two other games in the trilogy this forum is about? I don't need 3 to use and banter in this forum.
    Personally I won't purchase a game I know nothing about, if you do that speaks more about little you want to know about a product before purchasing it.
    Look at all the posts on this forum going back to when the TW:WH3 trailer was first announced. Ain't nobody here talking about WH1 or WH2. Pretty much every single topic is discussing WH3 or is related to it in some way.

And if you are waiting to purchase the game, cool. I haven't pre-ordered it myself. But don't try to fool me or yourself. You are going to buy the game. Unless you are a troll (which you are not), the odds of someone posting in here and not buying the game are pretty small.
    There's alot of talk about the LP also but regardles, you're just projecting. I don't buy a game just because I frequent it's companies forums. I will buy TWIII eventually yes, but it could be years from now depending on the state of the game on a sale (or even sale the mighty seas if the game seems that bad to me, Denuvo does nothing lol).

I need information before purchasing it. I'm not made of money. Games are expensive down here. I'll gladly buy it on launch if I know the content's good and it's optomised well. To do that I need information.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,313

Here's the thing, if you want someone to advertise to you, they don't need to advertise to you, simple as that.
  • mecanojavi99#6562mecanojavi99#6562 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 11,474
    Cyresdog said:

Considering that people complain about not getting MORE info for WH3 I'd say the marketing is quite effective at getting people hooked for more.
    Hyped =/= hooked
    Hooked =/= good

People aren't hooked for more they are frustrated at CA for the lack of anything useful or interesting.
    They have shown 1 "new" unit the bear sled. And would you look at that. Most of the community dislike them
    The like/dislike ratio of the video showing them dissagres, most people doesn't even dislike the War Sleds, but parts of it.
    "By the fires of Hashut, let them burn in the flames of eternal torment!"
    - Anonymous

Oh yes I remember. I also remember their "Buy the WE DLC so we can do DLC for DLC" thing that tried not to say that directly but clearly meant it.

But that's not what people are complaining about. If you were complaining about it before we got the gameplay reveal that it's been 3 months without news then it's understandable to complain. It's not reasonable to complain 2 weeks after we got a gameplay reveal and a lot of information.

And obviously they're picking up the pace of news now. If they continued news every 3 months there wouldn't be enough time before release.
    We didn't complain because CA told us there wouldn't be news. When they communicate, we remain normal. All they have to say is No News in one comment at the start of their day. Easy. Remember the constant expectation of news is created by how they do it, not because of the community.
  • Red_Dox#2328Red_Dox#2328 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,613
    I find it interesting that 3K gets nothing anymore. Expected another DLC over the next months. Sucks for 3K fans but on the bright side, it frees up an extra month for Warhammer III News. if now Troy will get also nothing else (when it hits Steam), then we kinda just look at the final Warhammer II DLC up to the game#3 releases (maybe with the preorder released a month prior, if handled like Norsca).

------Red Dox
  • Cyresdog#8125Cyresdog#8125 Registered Users Posts: 1,524
    edited May 2021

Cyresdog said:

Hyped =/= hooked
    Hooked =/= good

The like/dislike ratio of the video showing them dissagres, most people doesn't even dislike the War Sleds, but parts of it.
    I can show you hundreds of videos to proof you that the like/dislike ratio is completely irrelevant.
    To think that means anything just shows that you aren't familiar how the consumer works. 90% of those likes most likely clicked on "Like" before they even watched the first 2 seconds of the video.

But hey here is a new shitshow entry from CAs marketing team
    Lmao, no one can tell me that CA is okay in their head at the moment. They clearly show signs of some sort of brain damage.
    The fake smile in the videos of the people clearly showing that they know how big they gonna f up with those videos.

It is absolutely fascinating how disconnected they are from their very own community. Its almost on Blizzard level

We didn't complain because CA told us there wouldn't be news. When they communicate, we remain normal. All they have to say is No News in one comment at the start of their day. Easy. Remember the constant expectation of news is created by how they do it, not because of the community.
    Most people are fine and don't complain. It's just a few impatient and entitled Karens who are way to invested in a video game that are complaining.
  • #902441#902441 Registered Users Posts: 7,499
    edited May 2021
    Maelas said:

I'm not the only one picturing him having the strongest posh english accent ever, right ?

You're not wrong. Think Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster, and you're close enough.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EqU6lz8bGhA

For in spite of all temptations. To belong to other nations. He remains an Englishman.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 23,787
    Another thread taken off track. Moved to Chart.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• mewade44#6520mewade44#6520 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,087
    Best and easiest solution: CA has a schedule of news release dates listed. Like say ' We plan to release news every Friday so check back those for updates"

But they don't do ppl go nuts

Most people are fine and don't complain. It's just a few impatient and entitled Karens who are way to invested in a video game that are complaining.

Most people also don't care about anything. Most people are on Reddit. Most people are dull.

I think this community is pretty damn patient. We waited 3 months without complaining after all. Also did you just call me a "Karen" unironically? Lmao.