Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The lack of “real” news is getting annoying.

124»

Comments

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

How are people this entitled? They have like 5 to 7 months until release and people are already complaining just two weeks after we got a big gameplay reveal.

Did you forget the 3 months of radio silence? If wanting a company to advertise to me is considered entitled, than a ton of other companies wish their customers were entitled.
    Remember, Grace literally said they regretted selling WH:1 DLC so fast because people kept comparing the WH:1 and 2 DLC cycles and the 6 month droughts.

CA actually complained about how much content we want. Let that sink in.
    Oh yes I remember. I also remember their "Buy the WE DLC so we can do DLC for DLC" thing that tried not to say that directly but clearly meant it.
    The worst thing about this statement is that CA admitted they pre-product their DLCs way in advance. So, if the next DLC is BM, then it was already a lock even before they announced the Wood Elves DLC !

Which would prove once and for all that this was just some scummy emotional marketing to make people that wanted their favorite race updated to buy the WE DLC !
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864

How are people this entitled? They have like 5 to 7 months until release and people are already complaining just two weeks after we got a big gameplay reveal.

Did you forget the 3 months of radio silence? If wanting a company to advertise to me is considered entitled, than a ton of other companies wish their customers were entitled.
    But that's not what people are complaining about. If you were complaining about it before we got the gameplay reveal that it's been 3 months without news then it's understandable to complain. It's not reasonable to complain 2 weeks after we got a gameplay reveal and a lot of information.

And obviously they're picking up the pace of news now. If they continued news every 3 months there wouldn't be enough time before release.
    We didn't complain because CA told us there wouldn't be news. When they communicate, we remain normal. All they have to say is No News in one comment at the start of their day. Easy. Remember the constant expectation of news is created by how they do it, not because of the community.
    Most people are fine and don't complain. It's just a few impatient and entitled Karens who are way to invested in a video game that are complaining.

But that's not what people are complaining about. If you were complaining about it before we got the gameplay reveal that it's been 3 months without news then it's understandable to complain. It's not reasonable to complain 2 weeks after we got a gameplay reveal and a lot of information.

And obviously they're picking up the pace of news now. If they continued news every 3 months there wouldn't be enough time before release.
    We didn't complain because CA told us there wouldn't be news. When they communicate, we remain normal. All they have to say is No News in one comment at the start of their day. Easy. Remember the constant expectation of news is created by how they do it, not because of the community.
    Most people are fine and don't complain. It's just a few impatient and entitled Karens who are way to invested in a video game that are complaining.
    Most people also don't care about anything. Most people are on Reddit. Most people are dull.

I think this community is pretty damn patient. We waited 3 months without complaining after all. Also did you just call me a "Karen" unironically? Lmao.
    How dare you ask to know what the game is about when the company is asking for money for it, Karen.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
    Arsenic said:

Maelas said:

I'm not the only one picturing him having the strongest posh english accent ever, right ?

You're not wrong. Think Hugh Laurie as Bertie Wooster, and you're close enough.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EqU6lz8bGhA

Now I want that youtube channel even more !
  • aeshmiaeshmi Registered Users Posts: 156

I think this community is pretty damn patient. We waited 3 months without complaining after all. Also did you just call me a "Karen" unironically? Lmao.

I just have to respectfully disagree with this haha - this community is not patient at all. Complete marketing addicts whenever there is a day missing.

Can see the attitude whenever a new DLC is released and the SAME DAY you see lots of discussions about 'Why haven't we got hints about the NEXT DLC yet!?'

People need to chill :D Money is on November anyway (sadly) hence slow pace.
  • UberReptilianUberReptilian The Crystal LabyrinthRegistered Users Posts: 5,487
    Maelas said:

The worst thing about this statement is that CA admitted they pre-product their DLCs way in advance. So, if the next DLC is BM, then it was already a lock even before they announced the Wood Elves DLC !

THANK YOU! I've said this since the start and people for some reason still think DLCs are only started on after an LP is released. It's insane, I can't believe people think this. If you were next to me I'd hug you right now cause I feel so happy that someone has a brain and realises this.

How dare you ask to know what the game is about when the company is asking for money for it, Karen.

I'm sorry for being entitled. I promise to never be annoyed at anything CA does ever again. And yes....the truth is my name is Karen. I am the original Karen, the meme was named after me cause I called CA's manager.
  • Yurisusuki#3719Yurisusuki#3719 Somewhere in LustriaRegistered Users Posts: 1,410

This is the worst marketing I've ever seen for a AAA company.

They started a marketing cycle with Kislev V Khorne, we know nothing about the rosters, the start positions, half the units. There's been no detail on the creative inspiration for the new Kislev stuff, just videos we've already seen.

They showed a single battle in the Realm of Chaos, we have no idea how to get there, what it means, anything.

They announced a new LL with only his name and not a word else. No stats, no lore, no gameplay niches, no battlefield or campaign role.

They're not even lying to us like most companies or old CA did.

At this point I might not pre-order just out of spite.

You've already pre-ordered. Don't try and fool us. And even if you haven't, you're buying the game anyway. You wouldn't be here if you didn't plan to.
    You know there's two other games in the trilogy this forum is about? I don't need 3 to use and banter in this forum.
    Personally I won't purchase a game I know nothing about, if you do that speaks more about little you want to know about a product before purchasing it.
    Look at all the posts on this forum going back to when the TW:WH3 trailer was first announced. Ain't nobody here talking about WH1 or WH2. Pretty much every single topic is discussing WH3 or is related to it in some way.

And if you are waiting to purchase the game, cool. I haven't pre-ordered it myself. But don't try to fool me or yourself. You are going to buy the game. Unless you are a troll (which you are not), the odds of someone posting in here and not buying the game are pretty small.
    Theres no such a thing like 'you will buy anyway".

I never pre-ordered a game, and i intend to preorder this IF the game seems to be good, and if they give enough info about it, if you are rich that "buy anyway" than fine, not everyone have money to spend like that, if a company want to sell me something they need to prove that's worth, and while I believe that Warhammer 3 will be good, there's still not enough info about, and people starting to get annoyed so it's now healthy for a company to annoy they customers.

And BTW, why a 3K 2? Seems like they want to upset people for no reason
    Gib mony plox i report u

http://www.pudim.com.br/

SALVATION

• Black_Phillip#5773Black_Phillip#5773 Registered Users Posts: 925

Most people also don't care about anything. Most people are on Reddit. Most people are dull.

lol there's still 5 or so months until you have to decide if you want to buy this product or not and you know there will be more and more news eventually. That's not the issue. The issue is people are demanding it now, just 2 weeks after we got gameplay footage because they're entitled impatient Karens unironically.
    aeshmi said:

I just have to respectfully disagree with this haha - this community is not patient at all. Complete marketing addicts whenever there is a day missing.

Can see the attitude whenever a new DLC is released and the SAME DAY you see lots of discussions about 'Why haven't we got hints about the NEXT DLC yet!?'

People need to chill :D Money is on November anyway (sadly) hence slow pace.
    I'll respectfully concede than since yeah alot of people here can be impatient, how about I'm patient than? I've never complained about no news until now. I'll happily wait for news if CA tells us no news for a month again. It's just basic communication I'd like and people are white knighting for a corporation, it's friggin sad and weird. I've never been called Entitled for wanting a business to do it's job before lol.
  • IceDIceD Member NetherlandsRegistered Users Posts: 669
    Why did they move this? Its about WH3...sigh.
    Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • Cadia101Cadia101 Registered Users Posts: 1,400

lol there's still 5 or so months until you have to decide if you want to buy this product or not and you know there will be more and more news eventually. That's not the issue. The issue is people are demanding it now, just 2 weeks after we got gameplay footage because they're entitled impatient Karens unironically.
    The issue is stating they will give info about the pre order bonus content very soon, which is important to decide if you will pre ordre or not. And instead give us two unit spotlights, of units we already seen, with subpar quality.

In WH1 and 2 they had employees talking about the creative process, they showed concept art. Now ? A few image and that’s it.

Remember they introduce lords by showing their legendary items and unique skills, so people understood better what these characters where about ? Now all we get is an image and a name.

Quality of the information has dropped, a lot.

they're entitled impatient Karens unironically.

Every time you say it you age 10 years. Soon you'll be a true Boomer if you don't stop.
  • Black_Phillip#5773Black_Phillip#5773 Registered Users Posts: 925
    Cadia101 said:

The issue is stating they will give info about the pre order bonus content very soon, which is important to decide if you will pre ordre or not. And instead give us two unit spotlights, of units we already seen, with subpar quality.

In WH1 and 2 they had employees talking about the creative process, they showed concept art. Now ? A few image and that’s it.

Remember they introduce lords by showing their legendary items and unique skills, so people understood better what these characters where about ? Now all we get is an image and a name.

Quality of the information has dropped, a lot.
    Ok I think this is a fair criticism.

Maelas said:

THANK YOU! I've said this since the start and people for some reason still think DLCs are only started on after an LP is released. It's insane, I can't believe people think this. If you were next to me I'd hug you right now cause I feel so happy that someone has a brain and realises this.
    I'd advise against hugging me for the time being, a kid just sneezed on me in while I was checking his homework ! So we'll have to settle for a virtual hug !

With that said, I do am glad that finally someone else share my views on the DLC being planned well in advance ! It's indeed been an uphill battle we've fought to convince people of it !

Ever since the whole Tetto'Ekko/Gor'Rok drama, it's been clear that CA always know at least one full DLC in advance to the minute details, and I'd even say beyond that, at any given time, they probably have a good idea of who'll be at least the LLs of the DLC after the next one !
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,864
    Maelas said:

Maelas said:

I'd advise against hugging me for the time being, a kid just sneezed on me in while I was checking his homework ! So we'll have to settle for a virtual hug !

With that said, I do am glad that finally someone else share my views on the DLC being planned well in advance ! It's indeed been an uphill battle we've fought to convince people of it !

Ever since the whole Tetto'Ekko/Gor'Rok drama, it's been clear that CA always know at least one full DLC in advance to the minute details, and I'd even say beyond that, at any given time, they probably have a good idea of who'll be at least the LLs of the DLC after the next one !
    Wait, isn't that common knowledge?
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.

Maelas said:

Maelas said:

Wait, isn't that common knowledge?
    Oh you wish ! Given some discussions I've had over the past few years, it's far from granted !