Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Outstanding Issues Which Will Never Be Resolved

Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,306
- Liu Yan/Zhang have CA invented generals instead of their historical ones.

- Chenliu and Chen are not shown correctly on the map.

- Lu Xun and Lu Meng will never be unique characters.

- Looters and pirates will continue to be full stack Han rebels who magically spawn for 500.

- Imperial intrigue, while improved, will often make everyone best friends in the late game.

- Zhuge Liang will never have a unique voice actor.

- Wei Yan will continue to spawn for Liu Bei nonsensically when he's in Xu Province.

- The Nanman lands will always be a nightmare to invade for the player because of the changes to morale in battle.

- The game's battles will always be a mess because the AI force marches everywhere and the low morale will make the enemy route before the battle begins.

- The game's battles will always be covered in hideous fog.

Please post other outstanding issues.

Comments

• Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,306
    Oh yeah, another to add. Unique generals added in Fates Divided will not get the correct number of stat points on their backgrounds.
  • GetCarderGetCarder Registered Users Posts: 1
    Theres a bunch, but the 1 I'm most sad about...

Pearl Dragons fight with Glaives, but have no bonus vs cavalry like all other glaive units. No reason to use them.

Not a bug or ever promised. Just disappointing. Zhang Lu has unique armor in the game files. It was long speculated we might get him as a playable faction like Shi Xie, who was also found to have unique armor long before he became playable. I just wanted to take the Celestial Master for a spin is all.

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,806
    Pearl Dragons fight with Glaives, but have no bonus vs cavalry like all other glaive units

They in fact do afaik. Bonuses are tied to weapons, not to units.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    edited May 2021
    Seeing how they just stopped support for Three Kingdoms, this leaves me worried that other Total War games will just have support ended for example Warhammer 3 when it is released that means campaign issues for game 2 will be left unchecked and again it will be up to the willingness of a modder to fix what CA has given up not a good precedent to start (one that I hate with Elder Scrolls thanks to Skyrim)
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
    Guess I'll have to put up with Liu Zhang's secret badass general Yuan Ting instead of his real ones.
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,707
    Liu Chong will forever remain the defender of Hulao Gate in the 190 start also owning XuChang.

Liu Chong will forever remain the defender of Hulao Gate in the 190 start also owning XuChang.

Have you not read the original version of RoTK? Where Liu Chong charges out from Hulaogate and attacks Cao Cao at Chen?

Man, you are going to go nuts when I tell you about how Wei Yan left Liu Bu!
  • BenedekTorjayBenedekTorjay Registered Users Posts: 7
    Liu Yan and Liu Zhang still don’t have the proper background.

The good old treachery-bug is still out there.

Liu Yan and Liu Zhang still don’t have the proper background.

The good old treachery-bug is still out there.

It's laughable how badly executed the PAID DLC Liu Yan/Zhang are.
  • theyellowbootstheyellowboots Registered Users Posts: 39
    MoH is still a very big, unbalanced mess.
    I saw the Xi Liang rebels becoming the biggest faction and the emperor moved there, and the Han Empire joined the Xi Liang rebels. I wonder if that's a bug or a feature?
  • zyliugzyliug Registered Users Posts: 86
    Can anyone confirm that treachery bug and no alliance peace diplomacy never got fixed?
  • 3kfan3kfan Registered Users Posts: 90
    I've encountered the treachery bug a number of times since 1.7.1 was released.

MOH also now for some reason puts everyone at peace with the Yellow Turban alliance after the Dong Zhuo Captures Emperor event fires. Appropriately enough, this means that in-game the Mandate War, the subject of the buggy MOH DLC, metaphorically ends with...a bug. (And the bug was introduced in the new patch, no less).

(Not ending in the literal sense in that all factions still exist so the Mandate War progress bar is still active, but everyone is at peace so you'll never have the entire map at war with the Yellow Turban alliance again).
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 86
    You can't actually send units to capture towers on port settlements. They just stand there and get shot by arrows.

• Qin_FengQin_Feng Registered Users Posts: 399

MoH is still a very big, unbalanced mess.
    I saw the Xi Liang rebels becoming the biggest faction and the emperor moved there, and the Han Empire joined the Xi Liang rebels. I wonder if that's a bug or a feature?

That's a feature. As CA said, Three Kingdoms is finally complete!
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,477
    An old thread I know and this probably a nitpick but there is no way of sorting deals by diplomatic opinion this would have been a good help in deciding what deals you can get by giving items or gold to get the low negative opinion into a positive.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • Sve93Sve93 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Became an "enemy of the Han" through the new Imperial Intrigue mechanic (defending myself from too many enemies tanked my favor). Discovered that once I became an enemy of the Han I gain favor when I fight since I "interact with an enemy of the Han), even though that enemy is myself.
  • Riekopo2Riekopo2 Registered Users Posts: 11
    Gate Passes don't seem to work right. I see the enemy go right through sometimes.

Here is a bugfix mod though: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2423136085