Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Petition for Three Kingdoms

EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83
Hello all,
Like many of you I'm very upset with CA's decision to pull all patch support especially considering 1.7.1 left the game with many outstanding issues. I've made a petition that I hope you will all sign to help demonstrate some of our displeasure and a potential alternative.

https://www.change.org/p/sega-creative-assembly-should-continue-some-limited-patch-support-for-total-war-three-kingdoms?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_29127235_en-US:4&recruiter=1207581884&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

I know the reality of this succeeding is basically zero, but you lose nothing by signing so please read, sign, and share. Thank you.

P.S. Here is also a reddit link if that better suits your fancy: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/nngzst/please_read_sign_and_share_this_petition_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Comments

• KoganesagaKoganesaga Registered Users Posts: 140
    edited May 29
    Your intentions are noble and worthy of respect. However I won't sign this. If CA is THIS callous, that they would cast this game aside without finishing it, they don't deserve to be involved anymore. I'd rather the modders be free to continue to work on their passion projects without worrying about CA wandering in whenever they're feeling fanciful and completely wrecking their hard work with a mediocre patch. I say mediocre because I sincerely doubt that even if they agree to one more, they won't even do a quarter of what you're requesting of them, and will no doubt, like always, break more than they fix. And yes, I am very bitter about this, but I am also genuinely happy for the modders who are free to focus on creation rather than patching their work.
    Post edited by Koganesaga on
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,319
    edited May 29
    Do these petitions ever work?
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 83
    Vin362 said:

Do these petitions ever work?

You never know unless you sign and try.
    https://www.change.org/p/sega-creative-assembly-should-continue-some-limited-patch-support-for-total-war-three-kingdoms

I already put this in the 3K section specifically, but if you could please take a read and add your signature I would be very grateful. You lose nothing by signing and get to send a stronger signal to CA that you aren't happy. Thanks for your time. Look forward to those signatures.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,131
    It doesn't look like it's having a great success...
    Xenos7777 said:

I'm still networking. You can help too if you want. Literally any like, share, comment, or signature helps. Also not gonna lie actually thought I was gonna be doing worse at this point :smiley:
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 918
    Almost to 100

Almost to 100

Check again as of this minute we at 126!
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,131

Xenos7777 said:

I'm still networking. You can help too if you want. Literally any like, share, comment, or signature helps. Also not gonna lie actually thought I was gonna be doing worse at this point :smiley:
    Honestly, I think you're overestimating the size of the playerbase interested. There was a review bombing, but it managed to drop the rating by a whole 2 points. Nobody is signing the petition. The video has just 6k dislikes (for comparison, the Chaos pre-order one had 50k). I too would have liked more DLC for 3K, as had just started to enjoy it after the Furious Wild, but I suspect CA was right in thinking that most customers had already moved away.
  • ScyvhScyvh Registered Users Posts: 84
    Actually, more and more people are signing the petition. If people remain passionate about this issue, championing the petition online and on reddit, makes much more sense than putting time in review bombing. It's a much more positive approach.

I appreciate the work you've put into it EightCitizen! Let's hope it also gains traction in Asia.
    Please sign & share the petition to save Three Kingdoms
  • MasterSlayeXMasterSlayeX Registered Users Posts: 946
    Idk I think only time will tell . Though I would not underestimate the reviews on dlc

Idk I think only time will tell . Though I would not underestimate the reviews on dlc

I agree. There's not a lot of options to communicate discontent. I wouldn't imagine/want employees actively engaging in forum debates, but an occasional well-reasoned response (whether on past or present concerns) would have been welcome.
    For anyone disgruntled by CA's 3k announcement, then I might have a little opportunity for you. While I can understand making the decision to move forward without future chapter packs and DLC, the sudden announcement we would be losing all patch support, with several outstanding bugs/issues, was really upsetting. While I realize our chances are slim, I personally don't want to take this lying down and would ask that anyone who feels upset by this sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/sega-creative-assembly-should-continue-some-limited-patch-support-for-total-war-three-kingdoms

The chances we will actually be listened to are basically zero, but at least it's a small way you can show your disagreement and displeasure with CA. If anything it will help show how poorly the announcement was handled and potentially avoid a situation like this for another title. Whether you're a 3k, a Saga, or a Warhammer player poor communication and sudden drops of support like this all can affect all of us. Regardless of your franchise I hope you'll all give it a read, a sign, and a share. Thanks for your time.

All the best and have a nice day,

I decided to enter this into a new discussion because we have included a new French translation and an updated Chinese translation to the petition: http://chng.it/wvn9QBsN
    The other awesome news is we have hit a new milestone of over 200 signatures! That might seems like much, but it is the start of what could be a mighty wind. So please keep up the interests. Read, sign, and share with everyone. You lose nothing by signing, so let's take a risk and see what happens.
    edited May 30
    Apparently this forum hates me and directs any posts I make back to this thread. So to anyone reading this, since CA won't let me more easily spread the message to read, sign, and share the petition in more discussions, please do so on my behalf. Thanks.
    Don't forget to push it on reddit either (I saw your one thread didn't gain a lot of traction). Asking for continued patch support is in the interest of all us total war players, not just the 3K ones.
    Hey everyone we just broke 300! Keep up the good work. If you're on the fence about it please reconsider reading, signing and sharing. http://chng.it/wvn9QBsN
    I'll say again, you lose nothing by signing, and who knows we might actually be able to build enough momentum here to avoid our fate at Xiapi!
    Scyvh said:

Don't forget to push it on reddit either (I saw your one thread didn't gain a lot of traction). Asking for continued patch support is in the interest of all us total war players, not just the 3K ones.

I have such bad luck with reddit. I can't help but seem to get downvoted. As many shares there by anyone would be amazing.
    You've gotten more than 300 strangers to sign a doomed petition; you're pretty lucky!

Scyvh said:

You've gotten more than 300 strangers to sign a doomed petition; you're pretty lucky!

I know I'm doing much better than I actually expected. Now I'm worried I'll get a little too hopeful towards my petition.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,522
    edited June 1
    https://www.change.org/p/sega-creative-assembly-should-continue-some-limited-patch-support-for-total-war-three-kingdoms

"This is not representation of what people feel. It is only a small percentage of players. There are lots players who didn't sign therefore it is invalid."
    Post edited by Canuovea on
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 705
    edited June 1
    jamreal18 said:

"This is not representation of what people feel. It is only a small percentage of players. There are lots players who didn't sign therefore it is invalid."

Well then we will say that that person does not understand survey statistics and statistical sampling. Sure they can say that it is a bad sample because it is not random, but rely only CA ca do a real accurate random player sample survey.

Normalization techniques can be applied to population samples to infer meaning from multiple surveys/ population scales and determine a survey sample statistics

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalization_(statistics)
    Post edited by Canuovea on
  • Maxim1lianMaxim1lian RussiaRegistered Users Posts: 83
    Signed. If this does not change the concept of development, then maybe the final DLC and the final patch will be made.
    Looks like you'll be hitting 500. This is really well done EighthCitizen.
    Scyvh said:

Looks like you'll be hitting 500. This is really well done EighthCitizen.

I know I'm quite surprised. There is even now a meme variant:
    Now that deserves to be on the reddit frontpage.

A beautiful Chines 3k poem got 4.000 likes yesterday, so there's definitely an audience for your petition.
    edited June 1
    Scyvh said:

Now that deserves to be on the reddit frontpage.

A beautiful Chines 3k poem got 4.000 likes yesterday, so there's definitely an audience for your petition.

It is now: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/npii2b/our_little_breeze_is_growing_please_help_us_turn/
    Might want to include the link itself in the post :)

Congrats on reaching 500!
    Scyvh said:

Might want to include the link itself in the post :)

Congrats on reaching 500!

It's in the first comment. Unfortunately, with reddit that's the only place I can put it without it getting removed.