Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fall of the Samurai box art revealed

CraigTWCraigTW Lead Community Manager, The Creative AssemblyDat Horsham doePosts: 1,141Moderators, Administrators, CA Staff Mods, CA Staff, Tools Admin, Cakes!, SuperAdmin, Community Team
edited December 2011 in The Archive
Hi folks,

Here's the box art for Fall of the Samurai, which we've revealed today on the Total War blog.

What do you think of it?

Blog_small_fits_in_body.jpg

CraigTW
Post edited by CraigTW on

Comments

• TreeTree Senior Member Posts: 794Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Had to edit this and say its better than cool its epic
  • PATRIOT45PATRIOT45 Senior Member SwitzerlandPosts: 686Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    It looks great, but somehow not as epic as the TW:S2 box art. It looks less aggressiv, it's too quiet :)
    Watch out: Arena is more addictive than cocaine! :p
  • extremechimpingextremechimping Member Posts: 54Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    looks pretty awesome, should be fun killing americans (Y)
  • TylzenTylzen Senior Member DenmarkPosts: 1,026Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Wooow... This is epic, I want those old carboard boxes you got with games back now.
  • JMaszkJMaszk Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    It's so full of awesomesauce and epic, its epical!! ;)

Any word yet on which retailers SEGA is planning on releasing this game through? Will there be more than one edition?
    I AM TOTAL WAR!!

Thunder & Death are but a mere understatement...a footnote really...

War brings us closer...the clash of swords...the serrinade of the musket...and the sweet aroma of napalm in the morning.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubble gum";)

"Chuck Norris's monitor has no glare...nothing glares at Chuck Norris and lives."

Steam ID: JonFett \ |Takeda| Tada Mitsuyori

• JokerJoker Senior Member Posts: 644Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Looks great Craig, as always I have to add :)
    My top five of next Total War installments:
    1) TW: Rome II
    2) TW: China
    3) TW: Lord of the Rings
    4) TW: Victorian
    5) TW: Star Wars
    [PORTABLE-ID]joker[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • GrudgeNLGrudgeNL Senior Member Posts: 7,078Registered Users, Cakes!
    edited December 2011
    Looks Awesome. Any word yet on when it can be pre ordered from Steam ?
    Grudge's Mods
    Total War: Karling - Coming soon...-ish
    Grudge's Total War: Attila - Sassanid UI skin here on the Steam Workshop
  • darren jkdarren jk Senior Member Posts: 2,059Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    That looks great i am impressed.I want that american with the beard as a avatar for this forum.We need new avatars to celebrate the new game
    VENI VIDI VICI :D
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,626Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    darren jk wrote: »
    That looks great i am impressed.I want that american with the beard as a avatar for this forum.We need new avatars to celebrate the new game

agreed! :D

Great cover, does this means we'll be able to buy at a store too?

In the TW page it says that the playable factions are six CLANS, so you are probably playing with Japanese always. In the trailer the gatling gun's crew is also Japanese. Also I don't think that during this time period the American had any armies or territories in Japan right? I mean American armies formed by Americans.
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • RemairRemair Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Very nice, kudos to the artist(s) :)
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Yeah both sides was armed with american and european weapons but no american or european army fought in the war. There was military advicers from USA and Europe(as in The Last Samurai) but I don't think anyone was active in the war.
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

TOTAL WAR FORUM: TERMS AND CONDITIONS
  • Crazy SteveCrazy Steve Senior Member Posts: 1,427Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I saw the boxart the day the game was announced, I've even made a comment in a thread showing a link to it. Still it looks great though. :)
    [PORTABLE-ID]crazysteve[/PORTABLE-ID]
  • tin.knighttin.knight Senior Member Posts: 111Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Not trying to be a kill joy, but to me looks like Samurai meet General Custer?Not what I expected.
  • HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Looks awesome, can't wait to hear more news about this game.. ;)

Thanks for making great games CA
  • King RufusKing Rufus Senior Member HispaniaPosts: 1,626Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    tin.knight wrote: »
    Not trying to be a kill joy, but to me looks like Samurai meet General Custer?Not what I expected.

Is that I believe this period is just after the battle where Custer is killed. Isn't there some mention of it during the Last Samurai?
    "Organized chaos is your best friend, as it will always seem as pure chaos to your opponent."

My entrance into filmmaking. http://www.youtube.com/TripleGTrinity
  • DenmarkRulesDenmarkRules Senior Member Behind you :OPosts: 3,192Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    ^^ Again, this DLC doesn't really have much to do with The Last Samurai + TLS is very unhistorical which we don't like on this forum ;)

But yes, Custer died in 1876 which is 8 years before this game starts. I guess the only connection that USA has to do with the game is the technologies and the foreign veteran and some other units. Or well I hope so. Wouldn't be historically at all with USA invading Japan and would suck big time...
    "The most amazing things that can happen to a human being will happen to you if you just lower your expectations."

• RemairRemair Member Posts: 32Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I took the US man just as one of the "foreign veteran" agents. I am guessing the US and other countries will be involved purely diplomatically and not actually feature on the map. Kind of like the european powers in the original shogun who sent emissaries and trade deals, so you had to keep on your good side if you want the shiney guns of mega-death they offered. Annoying them I guess will lead more to trade being cut off so having to rely on old-fasioned weapons rather than invasion.
  • lordmaximus77lordmaximus77 Technical Moderator Leeuwarden, NLPosts: 3,050Registered Users, Moderators, Tech Moderators
    edited December 2011
    Great looking box!

Now I really can't wait... Why is March such a long wait :(:(:(
    Any fool can make things bigger and more complex. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction. — Albert Einstein

viri non urinat in ventum — Anonymous Roman

• HeirofAlexanderHeirofAlexander Senior Member Posts: 1,088Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Great looking box!

Now I really can't wait... Why is March such a long wait :(:(:(

The one who for waits for something good, does not wait in vain :D
  • Half Life ExpertHalf Life Expert Senior Member Oak Park, CA , USAPosts: 4,556Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    a real eye catcher, well done
    "we have officially entered into pre-whinning about our games."- Cogre

I will always respect differing opinions on here, so long as they are presented maturely and in a civil manner

"No Battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy"- Helmuth Von Moltke the Elder

The WWI Thread: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/30914/why-a-world-war-i-themed-total-war/p1

I'm skipping TW: Warhammer
  • JMaszkJMaszk Senior Member Posts: 1,297Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Yeah both sides was armed with american and european weapons but no american or european army fought in the war. There was military advicers from USA and Europe(as in The Last Samurai) but I don't think anyone was active in the war.

US, British & French naval forces battled continuously w/ Choshu province. This included landings to take control of coastal batteries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombardment_of_Shimonoseki

The battle of Little Big Horn takes place after the events of the Boshin War.
    I AM TOTAL WAR!!

Thunder & Death are but a mere understatement...a footnote really...

War brings us closer...the clash of swords...the serrinade of the musket...and the sweet aroma of napalm in the morning.

"I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ***...and I'm all out of bubble gum";)

"Chuck Norris's monitor has no glare...nothing glares at Chuck Norris and lives."

Steam ID: JonFett \ |Takeda| Tada Mitsuyori

• LeonidaLeonida Junior Member Posts: 1Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    All communication in English, please.
  • Psycho VPsycho V Registered User Posts: 460Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Very well done imho!
    "Ask not for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for THEE!" - (John Donne, 1572 – 1631, Meditation 17)
  • IAmNapoleonIAmNapoleon Senior Member Posts: 306Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I love it! Looks great. :)
    System: AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE - AMD Radeon 5770 1GB - 4GB DDR2 HyperX - 550W PSU - 18.5" Monitor
  • Hannibal_Smith1992Hannibal_Smith1992 Member Posts: 56Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I think CA should give us some bug fixes before releasing an addon for another 45€ or $. Thats rip-off and i wont buy anything more from CA. Sorry to say that but thats how i think about that.
  • Dionysius the MightyDionysius the Mighty Senior Member Posts: 3,194Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Did you see the part about a free patch being released for everyone at the same time as the DLC?
    C.I.F wrote:
    We haven't stopped supporting Shogun 2.
    There will be a patch for Shogun 2 at the same time as this expansion's release.
    There are other things in the pipeline directly related to Shogun 2.
    [PORTABLE-ID]dionysiusthemighty[/PORTABLE-ID]

"Every position must be held to the last man: there must be no retirement. With our backs to the wall and believing in the justice of our cause each one of us must fight on to the end." ~ Field Marshal Haig, order to British troops, 1918

Please view the Total War Forum: Terms and Conditions
  • jkhuskies09jkhuskies09 Member Posts: 64Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I don't think thier will be much of the american military in the game besides the marines and ships thats probably all your going to see
  • chaz1453chaz1453 Member Posts: 96Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I will buy. Promise. TW is awesome and always will be.
    "The country that does not respect its own army will one day learn to respect someone else's" - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • chaz1453chaz1453 Member Posts: 96Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah and please can the Mercs have breech-loaders and please have a huge variety of weapons as per usual. Make sure the muskets have a much longer range because of the Minié balls pls.
    "The country that does not respect its own army will one day learn to respect someone else's" - Napoleon Bonaparte
  • Amber-DM-Amber-DM- Junior Member Posts: 7Registered Users
    edited December 2011
    I want Tom Cruise to be in the game... in fact, I want ALL samurai to look like Tom Cruise! (btw, the one on the box doesn't look too asian for me)
This discussion has been closed.