Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Why is there no explanation or apology?

kukulkan96kukulkan96 Registered Users Posts: 34
edited June 4 in Rants and Raves

In the last 30 days, only 15% of users are positive.

It has been 6 days since the developer video was updated. The fury of fans in the Total War: Three Kingdoms has not yet been extinguished by the announcement of suspension of support.

New developments are welcome, but we won't be able to solve this problem with just a few conceptual arts.

Shouldn't you at least pretend to apologize if you read the community's response correctly? The vote against the video now is more than triple.
Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,043
    I assume they think that giving an explanation wouldn't change anything so they decided not to.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,613
    Because they are too arrogant and narcissistic to apologize, the "let them eat cake" attitude of CA is sickening.

• kaihookaihoo Registered Users Posts: 1,085
    Because Creative Assembly is a company that lacks basic decency.
  • ComradCommodoreComradCommodore Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 915
    Pretty simple fix CA , fix the bugs, don't make any more DLC ?

Also you should prob take down the "detached from reality" video you guys posted
  • EighthCitizenEighthCitizen Registered Users Posts: 63
    I do hope they say something instead of just trying to weather this out. There has been a fair bit of noise made that's continuing to get made.

Pretty simple fix CA , fix the bugs, don't make any more DLC ?

I don't think fans will forgive them that easily. It would take something really substantial to win their fans back.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 579
    Maybe they are brainstorming how to save the day.

Or they just hunker down waiting for the storm to pass. Like "No man's sky" devs.
  • Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,260
    From Simone's stance on Discord, they are just hoping the anger will eventually dissipate.
  • Zilong_93Zilong_93 Registered Users Posts: 89
    They actually trying something, like make new accounts and try speak what dlc is your best after 2 years of great support... They are imbicils! -Sima Yi
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 22,640
    Why should they apologise for dropping support of a game that isn’t profitable anymore? CA is a profit oriented company and not your buddy.

It’s a very understandable business decision. The DLCs simply weren’t successful enough.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
    edited June 2
    ArneSo said:

Why should they apologise for dropping support of a game that isn’t profitable anymore? CA is a profit oriented company and not your buddy.

It’s a very understandable business decision. The DLCs simply weren’t successful enough.

Is it a smart business decision to tick off the majority of the fans who bought your product? There is more to making smart business decisions than revenue for their current products, have you considered how this is going to effect their future revenues? Do you understand that there is also an intangible value for a business such as trust, loyalty and goodwill?

If you want to cancel a product because of bad DLC sales, there are ways to do it with minimal harm such as apologizing for canceling what you have already promised followed by a show of goodwill by continuing patch support and most importantly, NOT trying to pretend that ending all support is a good thing especially when the fans are angry.

ArneSo said:

Is it a smart business decision to tick off the majority of the fans who bought your product? There is more to making smart business decisions than revenue for their current products, have you considered how this is going to effect their future revenues? Do you understand that there is also an intangible value for a business such as trust, loyalty and goodwill?
    It’s very common for Devs to drop the support of a game at some point. It happened to all TW games before. 3k in fact got supported longer than most TW games.

It was a good run but it was meant to end at some point.

You guys are angry and salty now but it will all be forgotten as soon as you lot see the 3k2 trailer. So why bother? 😂🤷‍♂️
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,044

ArneSo said:

If you want to cancel a product because of bad DLC sales, there are ways to do it with minimal harm such as apologizing for canceling what you have already promised followed by a show of goodwill by continuing patch support and most importantly, NOT trying to pretend that ending all support is a good thing especially when the fans are angry.
    Majority of Fans? No, its just a surpluss community that specifically is here for one game, that is dwarfed by their priority Western fanbase.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
    Amonkhet said:

ArneSo said:

Majority of Fans? No, its just a surpluss community that specifically is here for one game, that is dwarfed by their priority Western fanbase.
    “Oh no CA will go bankrupt because 50 chinese players are salty and throwing a tantrum!” /s
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,777
    I'm really getting tired of Warhammer only players with zero investment in this game coming here to concern troll and tell 3K players to suck it up.

You wouldn't want the same things happening if the opposite was true, so kindly lay it off.

• AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,044

I'm really getting tired of Warhammer only players with zero investment in this game coming here to concern troll and tell 3K players to suck it up.

You wouldn't want the same things happening if the opposite was true, so kindly lay it off.

Already happened buddy.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

Who are those WH only players you are referring to? I came from historic TW and own every single TW game since Rome 1.

I’m not a WH player, I’m a TW player.
    ArneSo said:

You guys are angry and salty now but it will all be forgotten as soon as you lot see the 3k2 trailer. So why bother? 😂🤷‍♂️

You really have no idea how angry that entire Chinese online 3k community is at CA right now. 😂😂😂
    ArneSo said:

“Oh no CA will go bankrupt because 50 chinese players are salty and throwing a tantrum!”

Go look at their recent reviews, it's certainly more than 500 or even 500, or more than 5000 Chinese players that are angry. The angry mob also includes Western Fans and even Korean fans too! Surely this will help CA in the long run!
    Amonkhet said:

Your theory of the Chinese fans being a "surplus community" in the context for 3k is directly debunked by CA_Jack_Lusted, not to mention that some Western fans are also angry at CA's decision.

Oh, and this "more than 50%" doesn't include Chinese players like myself who plays the game in English.

• LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    Ca clearly misjudged the enormous amount of negative response on their announcement without having a back up plan. However the damage has already been done and it’s to late for damage control now other than ca announcing they will finish the northern expansion pack and will keep limited recourses available for some patching afterwards. However i’m sure this will not happen and ca will take the damage for granted with the only lesson learned that communication will become even more restricted.
    LESAMA said:

Ca clearly misjudged the enormous amount of negative response on their announcement without having a back up plan. However the damage has already been done and it’s to late for damage control now other than ca announcing they will finish the northern expansion pack and will keep limited recourses available for some patching afterwards. However i’m sure this will not happen and ca will take the damage for granted with the only lesson learned that communication will become even more restricted.

Even if they did, it wouldn't be the same again. trust once lost will be very hard to regain.
    they'd have to give it out for free if they'd want me to trust them again.
  • LESAMALESAMA Member Registered Users Posts: 2,122
    kaihoo said:

LESAMA said:

Even if they did, it wouldn't be the same again. trust once lost will be very hard to regain.
    Yep but it’s still better than just pretending nothing has happened
    kaihoo said:

LESAMA said:

Pretending that nothing happened only exposes their bad faith and lack of sincerity. They are just pouring more gasoline onto the fire with their "let them eat cake" attitude towards this whole debacle.

edited June 3

ArneSo said:

You really have no idea how angry that entire Chinese online 3k community is at CA right now. 😂😂😂
    ArneSo said:

“Oh no CA will go bankrupt because 50 chinese players are salty and throwing a tantrum!”

Go look at their recent reviews, it's certainly more than 500 or even 500, or more than 5000 Chinese players that are angry. The angry mob also includes Western Fans and even Korean fans too! Surely this will help CA in the long run!
    Amonkhet said:

Your theory of the Chinese fans being a "surplus community" in the context for 3k is directly debunked by CA_Jack_Lusted, not to mention that some Western fans are also angry at CA's decision.

Oh, and this "more than 50%" doesn't include Chinese players like myself who plays the game in English.
    Fact is that most players who bought 3k already moved on because they got bored.
    Post edited by BillyRuffian on
    @ArneSo Are you whiteknighting because they pay you or just for fun? :D
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 31,777
    edited June 2
    Loreguy said:

No, he's trolling because he's a Warhammer fanatic who's happy a historical TW got the axe and can't "steal" attention away from Warhammer any longer. It's a pretty damn lousy attitude to adopt.

Loreguy said:

No, he's trolling because he's a Warhammer fanatic who's happy a historical TW got the axe and can't "steal" attention away from Warhammer any longer. It's a pretty damn lousy attitude to adopt.
    No I’m not a “WH fanatic”. In fact Rome 2 is still my favourite TW game.
    edited June 2
    LESAMA said:

Which is what they've been doing so far though

ArneSo said:

Oh yeah that ominous “Chinese community” again. Sure whatever.... 🤷‍♂️😂

Fact is that most players who bought 3k already moved on because they got bored.

So basically you having no argument with "sure whatever" when I present the receipts, nice! Those same players who already bought 3k and moved on will hear from their peers and on Chinese media what happened to 3k and what CA did to us, I'm really looking forward to how this will effect a 3k2 that we didn't even ask for! It's only "50 chinese players are salty and throwing a tantrum." No way this can hurt the sales of 3k2 at all! CA should hire you! 😂😂😂

Loreguy said:

I’m sad too that CA dropped the support for 3k. I’m just pointing out that this move is very understandable from a business perspective and that the current hysteria is quite ridiculous.

It was meant to happen sooner or later anyways.
    ArneSo said:

Loreguy said:

I’m sad too that CA dropped the support for 3k. I’m just pointing out that this move is very understandable from a business perspective and that the current hysteria is quite ridiculous.

It was meant to happen sooner or later anyways.
    Game is not profitable and CA dropped support. Ok I get it. But then immediately announce new 3K. Without proper explanation. That is not understandable.