Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Skulls for the Skull Throne Event Theory

The_RadudeThe_Radude Registered Users Posts: 342
edited June 2 in General Discussion
"Tune in for the Warhammer Skulls Showcase tomorrow at 6PM BST to get a first look at some big incoming WARHAMMER II & III news..."

Based on that, I think we will get both Khorne roster and Legendary Lord reveal

but also TWW2 DLC reveal. And for the TWW2 DLC, I hope that it is beastmen and more specifically Taurox cause he is the most bloodthirsty minotaur and just badass.
Edit: I don't think we will get him that day but maybe a DLC reveal and announcement involving him could get revealed on that day?

Just look at him:

What do you guys think?
Post edited by The_Radude on

Comments

• CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,554
    edited June 2
    From what I know, it's too early for Warhammer 2 DLC.

And looking at the Steamdb entries, the event FLC is coming up next, alone.

So I think you're going overboard with what is a relatively minor mention.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,482
    The Warhammer 2 DLC is not confirmed - probably just the SFTST FLC.
  • misunderstoodvampiremisunderstoodvampire Registered Users Posts: 1,072
    Crossil said:

I don’t know. It has been 6 months since the last dlc and we have already had flc in between. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Maybe both a flc and a dlc hint.
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,244

Crossil said:

I don’t know. It has been 6 months since the last dlc and we have already had flc in between. I wouldn’t be surprised either way. Maybe both a flc and a dlc hint.
    You know, for a misunderstood vampire, I understand you quite well.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• Beef545Beef545 Registered Users Posts: 764

Will be weird if they completly ignore this topic though, should at least say when we can expect it more precisely, or maybe even reveal one of the races included.
    I'm actually not very hyped for the final DLC, but still it is more interesting than WH3.
    The age of Men is over. The time of the Troll has come.
    Beef545 said:

Will be weird if they completly ignore this topic though, should at least say when we can expect it more precisely, or maybe even reveal one of the races included.
    I'm actually not very hyped for the final DLC, but still it is more interesting than WH3.
    It's hard to get hyped for a beastmen DLC in general... especially when combined with a 7th LL for a core 2 race. Still if they give us Taurox and some big beasty minotaurs to go with him it might peek my interest.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 1,872
    The key word is BIG news for both games ... Which seems a bit grand for FLC but could just be marketing speak
    Change is on the way...

• ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 805
    Thats not Taurox. Thats a fanbuild.
    55JoNNo said:

The key word is BIG news for both games ... Which seems a bit grand for FLC but could just be marketing speak

Ehh... wouldn't be the first time they have slightly over-exaggerated things. I would take it with a whole spoon of salt.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 204
    Well, if they were to announce, say, a Beastmen DLC first, it would free them up to show the marked gors that I imagine would be in the Khorne trailer.

Could be wrong, but it would make sense to do this, as showing off marked Beastmen in the WH3 trailers first would steal the thunder from the DLC announcement.
  • KillertutKillertut Registered Users Posts: 313
    55JoNNo said:

marketing speak, i expect flc unit or hero (no lord). if dlc news drops i will be happy, but i think we have to wait till july/august for the dlc.
  • CrossilCrossil Registered Users Posts: 12,554
    55JoNNo said:

BIG news for those two.... which could mean the sum of the news they get, rather than each being big.

UNLEASH THE EVERCHARIOT

• LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,838
    55JoNNo said:

FIRST LOOK at big news.

So no, we will not get all the big news during the event. We'll get a first look at it.
    Killertut said:

55JoNNo said:

marketing speak, i expect flc unit or hero (no lord). if dlc news drops i will be happy, but i think we have to wait till july/august for the dlc.
    If it turns out to be Shadowblade - I will let CA happily call that big news. He has been a long time coming...
  • JoelethJoeleth Registered Users Posts: 106
    Legend of total war said on stream earlier that he knows what the dlc is so it probably isn't that far away.
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 800
    My left field guess is Red Duke playable in ME.
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,802
    I do not want to overhype myself. I will keep with a few Khorne reveal and a line about the WH2 DLC (somethinf like "coming soon!").

If it is more. Well. Good !
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
    Joeleth said:

Legend of total war said on stream earlier that he knows what the dlc is so it probably isn't that far away.

He should be careful - that's borderline NDA breach. If he is telling the truth then it is probably coming within 2-3 weeks as content creators only get them shortly before launch.
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,463
    Crossil said:

LOTW confirmed it’s the DLC in his stream. First 10 minutes.

I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,444
    Joeleth said:

Yeah that would mean it's getting close
    edited June 2
    Bonutz said:

Crossil said:

LOTW confirmed it’s the DLC in his stream. First 10 minutes.

I would have thought that would get him in trouble. However he seems to be pretty good on that stuff now.

I'm still not a fan of his content - but I've warmed greatly to him as a person in the last 12 months. I don't want him getting in needless trouble.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,754
    I think people should stop posting "Taurox" conversions to spark Taurox discussions when the name alone would do the trick without misguiding some people.

My second thought is that everyone expecting a roster reveal for a race we have not seen much of yet, while Kislev apparently get "hyped" for three weeks without roster reveal, is a very naive soul.

Third thought would be that anyone expecting news for the final DLC, is setting himself up for disappointment. Kinda like the people who saw the teaser on Monday and expected now news all week with a final climax for the Skulls event. Yeah, how is that going? Excited above todays confirmation that we will get news tomorrow, which we knew since last week Skarbrand leak or at the very least the Skulls confirmation from GW from the weekend? Exciting times, right? ;)

What we will get tomorrow is simple.

If we are lucky we get some good trailer for him and if we are really lucky, they show us a unit they have not shown us before. Meaning: The units that we only saw from youtubers, not official videos. I kinda do not expect actual real new units too see. Because quite frankly the whole news reveal since May was pretty lackluster. I will not deny we saw new stuff, but not really much either. And the whole marketing campaign so far is pretty terrible. Just look at this week with three days done and learned nothing, except the confirmation for the already confirmed event tomorrow. Yaii. Could only get better when confirming TWW3 again for 2021 while still not handing out a release date.
    Which brings us to TWW2, which obviously will get something for Skulls, like the last four years. What? I don't know. I doubt it will be a LL. Sure, after Rakarth, who knows, but what are the chances? So another missing hero? A missing unit? Either way it will be good news, but certainly not BIG news.

Hey, maybe it is the missing Gold Wizard. I am sure that would match all those expectation that people rise in their heads ^^

-----Red Dox
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,339

Well, if they were to announce, say, a Beastmen DLC first, it would free them up to show the marked gors that I imagine would be in the Khorne trailer.

Could be wrong, but it would make sense to do this, as showing off marked Beastmen in the WH3 trailers first would steal the thunder from the DLC announcement.

Don't give me hope, this would be too amazing to be true !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,840
    I think you folks are not seeing the ''big'' picture here. We will get a sneak peak of WH3's ''Khorne'' LL and a sneak peak of a ''minotaur'' LL . 20 seconds sneak peak for each of them.

See? News about something big :) .
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 23,591
    Extremely unlikely. It’s probably just the usual Skull Throne FLC like every year.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 7,199
    CA isn't great at setting expectations.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch
  • LordSolarMachLordSolarMach Registered Users Posts: 1,232
    Red_Dox said:

I think people should stop posting "Taurox" conversions to spark Taurox discussions when the name alone would do the trick without misguiding some people...

Seriously.

There is one picture of (part of) Taurox:

That's it. Everything else you see is fanart, conversions, or generic Doom Bulls.
  • LordCommanderLordCommander Registered Users Posts: 2,387
    Amonkhet said:

CA isn't great at setting expectations.

Of course they are. Just not good ones.
    Just as a warning against making predictions- https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/290416/time-to-admit-there-will-be-no-new-dlc-for-twwh-2#latest

Anyone using the term 'iconic' incorrectly to pad out their dumb argument will be subject to immediate Bloodthirster summoning.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,032
    Legend of Total War's comments make it seem like tomorrow could very well have something WH2 DLC related, I wouldn't have expected anything like that otherwise.
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 23,591
    JungleElf said:

Legend of Total War's comments make it seem like tomorrow could very well have something WH2 DLC related, I wouldn't have expected anything like that otherwise.

Have to admit that I‘m getting hyped even if I want to resist. 😂

And like others said already, if the Skull Throne FLC is indeed connected to the LP *cough* Wargor... then it makes sense to announce both things together.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life