Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The Silence and The Fury Teaser Trailer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited July 14 in General Discussion
The rage-filled Doombull, Taurox, is nigh-on invincible. Meanwhile Oxyotl, the revered Chameleon Skink, scents the machinations of Chaos and rallies his cohorts. Taurox must be stopped at all costs...

Pre-order The Silence and The Fury now, out 14 July: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556110/

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,626
    Wanted a Dwarf DLC, but this little skink boy looks funny to play :D

• SyngraferSyngrafer Registered Users Posts: 10
    I was hoping for Vampire Counts, but hey, as long as it's a Beastmen DLC, I'm happy.
  • hendo1592hendo1592 Registered Users Posts: 2,596
    Awesome!! looking forward to more details!
  • korradokortokorradokorto Registered Users Posts: 415
    Pretty happy i dont have to buy game 3 to finally play BM, thanks CA.
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,438
    unexpected and a fun enough thematic pairing
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • DragantisDragantis PolandRegistered Users Posts: 357
    IMO really not enough info, hype was so big that I was hoping for at least one unit to be shown per lords. Also what will get ppl that already own Call of Beastmen? It is 50%off now so I'm not sure to bother buying it or not.
    Blood for the Blood God!
    Among men, Lu Bu. Among horses, Red Hare.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930
    Can’t wait to see the full trailer
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 931
    Happy to see we’re getting Taurox!
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 23,699
    Not the matchup I was hoping for but still super happy about BM and Oxyotl. Oxyotl was one of my top 5 most wanted Characters.
    Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life
  • PoorManatee6197PoorManatee6197 Registered Users Posts: 1,570
    Well both LL are just reskins, I hope that means we are getting some units with new skeletons and neat animations.
    #MakeDwarfsGreatAgain Josef Bugman, Thorek Ironbrow, Alrik Ranulfsson, Grimm Burloksson, Kazador Thunderhorn, Byrrnoth Grundadrakk, Malakai Makaisson, Gotrek Gurnisson, Garagrim, Dragon slayer, Deamon slayer, Doomseekers, Brotherhood of Grimnir, Giant slayers, Thunderbarge, Shieldbearer mount, Master brewer, Goblin Hewer, Norse dwarf war mammoth, Tractator engine, Rune golem, Shard dragon, proper Anvil of Doom, Ulther's dragon company, Lond Drong's slayer pirates, Everguard, Karak Varn, Karag Agrilwutraz, Silver Pinacle, Karag Dum, Karak Vlag, Kraka Dorden, Kraka Ornsmotek, Kraka Ravnsvake, Karak Vrag, Karak Azorn, Karak Krakaten.

All those missing things are grudges in the great book, is in your hand to settle them, CA. Khazukan kazakit-ha!
  • sykallsykall Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,945
    I am really hyped for the beastmen and all the changes coming for them.

But I would have preferred another set up, especially as Oxyotl would have been a much better candidate against a monogod factions.

But I am a beastmen fan and beggars can't be choser I guess.

PS: Now that the Beastmen get some love, when do we get Araby :p
    Filling the white spots - 7 made-up factions to enrich the empty parts of the WFB setting
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/288418/filling-the-white-spots-7-made-up-factions-to-fill-out-the-wfb-setting
  • DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 7,319
    Teaser for a teaser is absolute lazy garbage CA XD
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.

We're paying full price for a Chaos Warrior of Tzeentch without any actual Tzeentch markings or changes to the model? Change this now CA, #JusticeForTzeentch
  • LolTHELolLolTHELol Registered Users Posts: 1,102
    So when can we expect the reveal of new units for Beastmen? That is what I am concerned with.
  • TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 581
    edited June 3
    Neodeinos said:

It's a damn shame to make BM vs Lizards without Moonclaw vs Tetto'Eko but consider my H Y P E D

Agreed, Oxyotl should have been kept for TWW3 and pitted against a demon lord, Moonclaw and Tetto'Eko make way more sense thematically and I don't really like Taurox (even though I love minotaur, this one seems a bit boring to me)

However, I can't wait for the BM rework!
  • twwatchertwwatcher Registered Users Posts: 2,619
    From the steam page:

Beastmen: Taurox
    After embarking on a bloody rampage through Talabecland, Taurox was rewarded by the dark gods with a body of brass… and still, he thirsts for slaughter! As he wins battles, Taurox gains Momentum, and his army can replenish action points to fight and fight again. The longer his kill-streak continues, the greater the gifts bestowed upon him by the ruinous powers. He and his Beastmen hordes will ultimately need to locate the Heart of Darkness, where he will face Oxyotl in a final, decisive battle.

Lizardmen: Oxyotl
    A chameleon Skink of high renown, Oxyotl has a long history of fighting – and succeeding against – the otherworldly forces of Chaos. His prescience enables him to detect where the forces of chaos will strike next and, utilising the network of lost Secret Sanctums across the world only he can capture and develop, Oxyotl can choose which threats to tackle, and reap the rewards of victory. Oxyotl can instantly travel between his capitol, his unique mission areas, and any Secret Sanctums he has rediscovered. Ultimately, he must travel to the Heart of Darkness and face the hordes of Taurox in a final, desperate battle.

Keep your eyes peeled for more information on the rest of the roster in July!
  • SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,820
    the beast of chaos against the beats of the old ones...
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 548
    Oxyotl should have been saved for a game 3 dlc. Makes more sense having him appear near the chaos realms or where the main chaos invasion is, like on the lost island of lizardmen near cathay.

Still hoping we get a Dwarf FLC alongside this with Josef Bugman leading an expedition to reclaim lost dwarven holds in the new world, whilst searching for new ingrediants for his Bugmans Brew. Would be a perfect fit to the game.
  • SchubSchub Registered Users Posts: 757
    Oh this one is the current steamdb entry? So three unknown entries left.
    Sigmar protect us all...

• EmeraldThanatosEmeraldThanatos Registered Users Posts: 2,470
    The steam page says more info in July, why reveal it now then?
    Ranking of all Total War games I've played:
    1. Three kingdoms
    2. Shogun 2
    3. Warhammer
    4. Medieval 2
    5. Thrones
    6. Attila
    7. Rome 2
    8. Napoleon
    9. Empire
    10. Troy (haven't actually played it, I'm just still salty)

• TemudhunTemudhun Member Registered Users Posts: 581
    Dragantis said:

IMO really not enough info, hype was so big that I was hoping for at least one unit to be shown per lords. Also what will get ppl that already own Call of Beastmen? It is 50%off now so I'm not sure to bother buying it or not.

They will probably have an offer similar to what they did for the Wood Elves, with different offers depending on what you own.
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,348
    There was a reason I was going with the LM as a darkhorse candidate for the DLC but not ruling them out. They just had to many juicy units that one could have a potential go at.
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 934
    I first joined this forum to moan about how Wood Elves and Beastmen needed new content. Thanks CA, for bringing these classic factions up to par.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,017
    #TAUROXHERD

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
    Temudhun said:

Neodeinos said:

It's a damn shame to make BM vs Lizards without Moonclaw vs Tetto'Eko but consider my H Y P E D

Agreed, Oxyotl should have been kept for TWW3 and pitted against a demon lord, Moonclaw and Tetto'Eko make way more sense thematically and I don't really like Taurox (even though I love minotaur, this one seems a bit boring to me)

However, I can't wait for the BM rework!
    I feel the same. Super happy with the LP but Taurox just looks... lame. He’s just a reskinned Minotaur. Would’ve been better as FLC.
  • AIMA_DracklorAIMA_Dracklor Registered Users Posts: 4,626
    Can't wait to see taurox just running after a little skink and getting shot to death :D

BRiiTASH2 said:

Oxyotl should have been saved for a game 3 dlc. Makes more sense having him appear near the chaos realms or where the main chaos invasion is, like on the lost island of lizardmen near cathay.

Still hoping we get a Dwarf FLC alongside this with Josef Bugman leading an expedition to reclaim lost dwarven holds in the new world, whilst searching for new ingrediants for his Bugmans Brew. Would be a perfect fit to the game.

Nah FLC will be BM obviously. Probably Ghorros.
  • ErathilErathil Registered Users Posts: 1,107
    Well, we know about two lords, some vague new features, and absolutely no new units. This could be a rather tortuous drip-feed of information.
  • Sir_GodspeedSir_Godspeed Registered Users Posts: 3,343
    Aight, I can dig this.

But if this is set in Lustria, they BETTER be reorganizing the Lustrian regions once and for all.