Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Champions of Chaos: Kairos Fateweaver

Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 5,491
edited December 2021 in General Discussion

While some people see this miniature and conclude he looks a bit weak and fragile because "ass old miniature", that look is probably on purpose due to his lore+rules (see below).

Kairos was introduced during 7th edition with Daemons of Chaos, and sticked around for their 8th edition armybook as well.

As his lore depicts, he is very inept in melee combat. Which is reflected by his terrible profile in regards of Weapon Skill and Attacks. Also all his other stats are equally handicapped compared to a normal Lord of Change.

Which might explain why his WHFB miniature looks a bit "sad" compared to a regular Lord of Change, who as a Greater Daemon is still a beast in melee.

One of the four Greater Daemons Aenerion fought, was Kairos Fateweaver, as named by the "Blood of Aenarion" novel

During "The (horrible) Endtimes", Kairos was participating in the battle of Middenheim.

I am unsure if he was seen again later. But as a daemon he certainly survived the end of the world and transitioned over to AoS.

AoS brought then a new plastic kit Lord of Change, which in multikit method included Kairos new miniature.

Since his lore has not changed here, and he should still have his major weakpoints, I am not a fan of bloating him up like Hulk, ready to smash.

TWW wise, while it would make sense to pick Kairos as a Greater Daemon LL, he certainly looks like a challenge.
  • His lore based disability to actually be useful in melee, despite being a Greater Daemon, would certainly handicap him once he get caught on the battlefield. Even if he might be able to hold his own against some cheap cannon fodder, everything that actually would be on a higher tier level could prove problematic for him long term in melee.
  • To compensate for his weak physical state, he is a extremely good wizard and he starts with a better ward save then other daemons. Being able to fly, helped in TT a lot to keep him out of melee. Since for TWW3 it is not clear yet if Greater Daemons could fly forever while casting during flight, it is a bit uncertain how much that would help him out.
  • His extreme wizard skills with the two heads worked good in TT, but probably don't translate well over to TWW battleplay. So being able to choose a lot of various spells and be prepared for most situations, has either to work with a huge Skilltree were he could pick several lores for spells, or maybe a special campaign mechanic were he could unlock spells to use. For TWW we can probably ad a better mana regeneration and maybe reduced cost of spells or additional spell dmg somewhere in the skilltree, to highlight that he is indeed a very powerful caster.
  • His demonic staff which helped a lot in TT also does not translate well towards TWW. I am not sure how this could be worked out, so I assume the staff will just be a magical item probably ramping up his wardsave, physical/magical resistance and/or maybe add a buff aura to help those around him.
  • In case of special gameplay mechanics, I am unsure what we can do with Kairos abilities to know the past and the future. It might be best here to have him as a core LL for the game, without a elaborate own campaign mechanic, but rather following the generic storyline & goals. I mean CA could probably do something about him collecting special relics like in the "Year of Woe" story, but collecting stuff sounds like the job description for the Blue Scribes. Maybe one of you has a good idea what could be done with Kairos?
If Kairos might get the job in game#3, could be interesting what CA has cooked up for him. Having a huge monster which is basically useless in melee, might certainly need a different approach. I mean we had some "weak wizard" LLs already in the game which then were beefed up with monster mounts to compensate and hold their ground. A LoC will certainly not get a mount, so Kairos should not get rescued the same way. And if he just will get beefed up to be a fighting LoC and not as weak as he should be, it certainly takes away part of his background. But maybe, despite the allure of 4 starting Greater Daemon LLs, Kairos might not even get the job. We also have Amon 'Chakai around or CA could just promote their own Sarthorael to become the Big Bird sensation.

Similar Topics
Champions of Undivided

Champions of Khorne

Champions of Tzeentch

Champions of Nurgle

Champions of Slaanesh

------Red Dox
Post edited by Red_Dox on

Comments

• xBlood_RavenxBlood_Raven Registered Users Posts: 904
    Had an idea in my DOC speculation and roster for Kairos Fateweaver's Staff of Tomorrow. Have it that when the enemy makes a move or attack order, it appears on the map (or battlefield) as an arrow so that you can plan ahead.

Something like the Psychic Radar from Yuri's Revenge if gamers remember that. This would be very unique and allow Kairos to get his 'Always Two Steps Ahead' feel in TWW.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,184
    Easily my fav LL and of course Tzeentch characters and units.... Ohhh boy gonna be long wait for them to reveal
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods

7bmg1fojzz69.jpg
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,993
    I'm in awe of AoS miniature. All these pretty, pretty details. It's one of my favourites.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • AethelstanAethelstan Registered Users Posts: 332
    Sadly I think Kairos will just be made a decent melee combatant- it would be strange from a gameplay standpoint to have a LL who is weaker than his generic equivalents. The only way I can see it working is if his magical ability is significantly stronger than an ordinary LOC or perhaps if he was better able to avoid combat in some way.
    Now then, what's going on 'ere? I'll have no more o' this!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,899
    Thanks for your informative posts!
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    I always forget the birdie bois are strength 6 on TT. Little noodly arms but they're still stronger than Grimgor or Greasus !
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    Don't they have a melee weakening aura ?

If Sartorael is any indication he'll be quite slippery anyway. As for the two head rules, well there could be something, like he has a special skill tree where each point actually unlock/enhance two spells at once, perhaps

The staff is hard to replicate true, let's say it diminishes greatly miscasts, and can give an arry of timed buffs (vaguely replicating rerolling for hit/leadership etc)
  • joproulx99joproulx99 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,428
    edited June 2021
    My #1 character I'm looking for, I hope he is in!

EDIT: Also I cant wait to see the effects on Tzeentch greater daemons now that we have khorne with hell fire style, I hope to see cool effects for Tzeentch who should get multiple colours of fire etc.
    "Fear me mortals, for I am the Anointed, the favored Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall."

~ Archaon, Lord of the End Times
  • RonNLRonNL Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 626
    What a rare sight, a great detailed post. Well done 👍
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Registered Users Posts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Red_DoxRed_Dox Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,491
    edited June 2021

Had an idea in my DOC speculation and roster for Kairos Fateweaver's Staff of Tomorrow. Have it that when the enemy makes a move or attack order, it appears on the map (or battlefield) as an arrow so that you can plan ahead.

Something like the Psychic Radar from Yuri's Revenge if gamers remember that. This would be very unique and allow Kairos to get his 'Always Two Steps Ahead' feel in TWW.

An interesting idea. But I don't know if they actually could pull that off for the gameplay. And if it would be worth trying. Against the AI, it might be less useful since the AI might still just outmaneuver a player in quick redirections. And in MP it could be way to imba, so people might rito pretty fast ;)
    Maelas said:

I always forget the birdie bois are strength 6 on TT. Little noodly arms but they're still stronger than Grimgor or Greasus !

They are Greater Daemons (Monsters). Grimgor is still just a hug Black Orc (Infantry) and Greasus a fat Ogre (monstrous Infantry). People associate Tzeentch usually so strong with magic that they kinda forget that a Big Bird is still a good all around murder machine. Well, except our showcase here as the exception of the rule. It is even a point of the LoC lore ;)

EDIT: Also I cant wait to see the effects on Tzeentch greater daemons now that we have khorne with hell fire style, I hope to see cool effects for Tzeentch who should get multiple colours of fire etc.

While it would be nice to see Tzeentch rainbow colored changing around, I would assume the glow effect might be just tied to the "usual" color impression tied to the four gods. So blue for Tzeentch, green for Nurgle and pink/violet for Slaanesh.

Question, is Kairos completely loyal to Tzeentch?
    Him knowing secrets that even his god isn't aware of and the way he was handled with the well would make me at least a bit hostile towards my boss.^^

I have not yet seen evidence to him plotting activly against his master, who threw him literally into a well. As a Greater Daemon of the trickster god, it could be possible that he might harbor own ambitions and maybe some ill will. I mean if Tzeentch could trick Skarbrand into attacking Khorne, it would not be impossible that Kairos might have some secret inner desires which he want to see fulfilled.

But I doubt CA would build up a campaign ultimately trying to betray Tzeentch and maybe overthrow him.

-----Red Dox
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    He's got a greater position due to what he survived. LoC may be schemers but that never involves conspiring against Tzeench himself.