Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

PreOrder DLC race Speculation

TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 594
Just throwing it out there is there any chance that a Pre-Order race could be something completely unexpected like Nippon?

We are getting Grand Cathay after all.

What do you all think is the most likely for a pre-order race?

1. Ogre Kingdoms
2. Chaos Dwarves
3. Dogs of War
4. Legions of Nagash
5. Nippon
6. Other

Personally with all the Chaos factions, I have a feeling that CA may want to have another order faction, so maybe Dogs of war or Nippon? Ogres are also possible. I think Chaos Dwarves are less likely at launch because we are getting five chaos themed factions off the bat.

Comments

• brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,073
  • VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 1,779
    Chaos Dwarfs all the way.

I say that because if you look on the existing Mortal Empires map, there's just enough room for the chaos dwarfs to nicely fit in there.

It's not quite far enough east to reach the Mountains of Mourne.
  • mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,912
    edited June 8
    A small chance for Kraka Drak also exists. Would be a good order bro near Kislev. And they would be pretty easy to make.
  • WyvaxWyvax Registered Users Posts: 4,906
    Legions of Nagash or Hobgoblin Khaganates.
    Tomes read: The Great Betrayal, Master of Dragons, Curse of the Phoenix Crown, Trollslayer, Skavenslayer, Daemonslayer, Dragonslayer, Beastslayer, Vampireslayer, Malekith, The Bloody Handed, Shadow King
    Me when I see a LL character implemented as a LH.

Bring naval battles to Warhammer CA!

• Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 566
    Dogs of War?

-----
    I think that chaos dwarves and Ogress will be keep for late DLC like tomb kings or norsca
  • ElkantroElkantro Registered Users Posts: 13
    edited June 8
    sorry but the posibility dictates more to ogre kingdoms and chaos dwarves, specially the first one, cause its confirmed that the next race will be unique to warhammer 3, and the races that actually fit on the places are ogre kingdoms and chaos dwarves, but why oggre kingdoms? well its cause there are a lot of chaos factions on that game and one race that might not be good, but at least is not another chaos faction, fits that spot
  • AbmongAbmong Registered Users Posts: 2,945
    No Hobgoblins = not a serious list
    Something tells me this comment will get a Disagree
  • MODIDDLY1MODIDDLY1 Registered Users Posts: 557
    I used to think DoW, Nagash, Kurgans, and Hobgoblins were the four
    DoW, because of two others Human factions in game 3, and how many unique models would need to be made for all of the mercenaries are out.

Nagash, while he himself is a great character, his faction would really just be the Counts, Coast, and Kings all thrown together which would either be broken by giving him too much, or too little.

Kurgans, while they have a place on the campaign map that would fit, and could be fleshed out like Norsca, I think that like DoW not being it because of 2 other human races, Kurgans would be released in a game with 4 other chaos factions rules them out.

Hobgoblins, this is the most likely for me now, because of having models that could be re-used for Chaos Dwarves, providing other opponents for Cathay and Kislev that isn't chaos, and map location.
  • VonhellstingVonhellsting Registered Users Posts: 799
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,964
    I think Nippon is a possibility. There's crossover with Cathay there with at least part of the list, and the sections of the list that we know would be different are human units and thus relatively cheap. LoN are a possibility since it'll likely use a lot of existing units. Hobgoblins if they also assign some of the Chaos Dwarf budget for making hobgoblin models, and DoW if they assign some of the ogre budget.

Ogres and Chaos Dwarfs are, I think, a bit too big and require too many new animations to do properly as a preorder.
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 168
    I think the pre-order will be something that they wouldn't make as much money off of, something that games workshop will end up making models of for the old world, and something that doesn't take too much development time. So with that said I'm thinking:
    No to Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms
    On the fence about Nagash, Dogs of War
    Most likely for Hobgoblins, Norse Dwarfs

I left out any faction that I think absolutely will not be the pre-order.

If I were to bet on it (and I don't bet), then I would say Hobgoblins. They just make too much sense. Norse Dwarfs did show up on the old world maps though, just like the Hobgoblins. So that's why I think it'll be one of those two. I wouldn't be intensely surprised though with any of the six I wrote down.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,411

1. Ogre Kingdoms
    2. Chaos Dwarves
    3. Dogs of War
    4. Legions of Nagash
    5. Nippon
    6. Hobgoblin Khanate

• NinjipplesNinjipples Registered Users Posts: 843
    I think that it will likely be either DoW, CD, or HK.

I would prefer DoW by a large margin. But there is a chance for CD or HK to be the preorder. DoW/Southern Realms have been missing for far too long and need to be in the game.
  • Daedalusx007Daedalusx007 Registered Users Posts: 277
    Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms will be proper campaign packs.

Hobgoblins, Kurgan, Nippon are incredibly unlikely pipe dreams.

Nagash is too big a villian to not be a end game threat. If he is coming it'll. Be a proper DLC.

I'm hoping for Dogs of War.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but those are the ways to bet.

Dogs of War or bust!
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 204
    I'm convinced it is Southern Realms/Dogs of War.

In the constellation teasers, one of the constellations at the end was the star sign of Cacklefax Cockerel. In Warhammer lore, this is the sign of money and merchants.

If that's not a dead giveaway, I don't know what is.

For what it's worth, the other prominent constellation at the end of the teasers was our real life constellation of Ursa Major (or Minor?). It's pretty clear now that this was teasing Kislev, so I think it's the same deal with the other constellation as well.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,083

A small chance for Kraka Drak also exists. Would be a good order bro near Kislev. And they would be pretty easy to make.

I've never seen a legitimate or serious case ever penned for Norse Dwarfs as the pre-order.

Commissar - a 15 year Dwarf TT player.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• Daedalusx007Daedalusx007 Registered Users Posts: 277
    And another thing that perplexes me is how many people want Hobgoblins when all they were was a unit of Wolf Riders in the Chaos Dwarf Army list.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but those are the ways to bet.

Dogs of War or bust!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,276
    edited June 8
    Probably frigging Neferata or Nagash or some other vampirey nonsense.

And another thing that perplexes me is how many people want Hobgoblins when all they were was a unit of Wolf Riders in the Chaos Dwarf Army list.

Hi! Your complete and utterly astounding level of ignorance is showing! You might want to remedy that before it causes mass hysteria and finger pointing :)
  • ROMOBOYROMOBOY Registered Users Posts: 4,244
    The 3 most likely are Dogs of War, Hobgoblins, and Nagash. Hopefully it’s Hobgoblins.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

Cathay > Chaos Dwarfs = Pain

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,032
    Nagash has been hinted at in game 2's epilogues.
  • MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 271
    Hobgoblins would be an interesting and refreshing choice, and more likely than not with the various little hints and the wider info about location and such. Two order human factions, four(five) chaos factions and one 'destruction' (to borrow an AoS term) faction would add some diversity to the start of Warhammer III.
  • AsamuAsamu Registered Users Posts: 1,069
    edited June 8

Just throwing it out there is there any chance that a Pre-Order race could be something completely unexpected like Nippon?

1. Ogre Kingdoms
    2. Chaos Dwarves
    3. Dogs of War
    4. Legions of Nagash
    5. Nippon
    6. Other

Personally with all the Chaos factions, I have a feeling that CA may want to have another order faction, so maybe Dogs of war or Nippon? Ogres are also possible. I think Chaos Dwarves are less likely at launch because we are getting five chaos themed factions off the bat.

Chaos Dwarfs > Ogre Kingdoms > Dogs of War >= Hobgoblin Khanate is my guess.

Chaos Dwarfs are the most likely due to Dwarfs already being animated in game, which would seriously cut down on the workload compared to most of the other factions. The same could be said for Dogs of War and Hobgoblins, which could both re-use a lot of existing animation rigs. Considering how much time and money goes into animating everything, that's a big deal.
    Chaos Dwarfs basically don't need any new animations for their core infantry. Only Fireglaives and maybe blunderbusses would need new animations, and Bull Centaur Renders (great weapons) could be based off the Dragon Ogre rig. That leaves just the artillery, K'daai fireborn/destroyers, Siege Giants, other variants of bull centaur renders, and Iron Daemon war engines. Regular bull centaurs might use the Centaur rig as well.

Ogre Kingdoms has the problem of everything needing new animations, which adds more to the work-load than you get with Chaos Dwarfs.

Chaos Dwarfs are just a way less work to implement than Ogre Kingdoms.
    That's not to mention that for the combined world map, the Darklands are of more immediate importance than the Mountains of Mourn, as they lie between the existing game 1/2 factions and the Ogre Kingdoms. They could put placeholder factions in, but it wouldn't look as good. Like with Athel Loren, Hell Pit, and some other parts of the map, the Mountains of Mourn could simply be mountains, maybe with some passes through them, until Ogres are released. There's no immediate need to fill the space with factions.

Dogs of War/the Southern Realms aren't well represented on the main game 3 campaign map.
    The Hobgoblin Khanate is such a minor faction in the context of the tabletop game (not quite as much in lore, but its only TT list was never playable at events or anything) that it being skipped over wouldn't be a major source of complaint to begin with, and many of its units are included in the Chaos Dwarf faction to begin with. It's also a faction that can be easily filled in with placeholder greenskin factions, or "fleshed out" by using a mix of Greenskin and Chaos Dwarf Hobgoblin units, like how Rogue armies use/produce mixed faction armies now.

Also there's that original russian datamine/leak of the original plans for the trilogy and had Chaos Dwarfs before Ogre Kingdoms as game 3 DLC (which was out of date before game 1 even launched, and the plans were massively expanded, but the things that were in it have been released in the same order).
  • BRiiTASH2BRiiTASH2 Registered Users Posts: 544
    Albion. I want a faction that is comprised of 10 different variants of giants, each of which get progressively bigger carrying ridiculously sized weapons that can only mutter their name in different tones and nuances
    For those familiar with obscure Albion lore, it can all focus on rebuilding the sacred Ogham stones and using it to resurrect the giant stone Collosus that is buried on the island and is literally an Old Ones Doomsday weapon that can be used to wage a war against Chaos.
  • MrMecHMrMecH Registered Users Posts: 2,389
    edited June 8
    Forget about Chaos Dwarf and Ogre Kingdom. There is no way CA will make $18.99 DLC as Preorder Bonus.
    Post edited by MrMecH on
    SHUT UP GIVE US GHORGON!!!!!

• VenefcusVenefcus Registered Users Posts: 106
    I think they will do Ogres as a full race pack if anything, they'll want to do something relatively easy. So Hobgoblins, Nagash, Neferata, maybe Chaos Dwarves.
  • DragonbroodlingsDragonbroodlings Registered Users Posts: 168

I'm convinced it is Southern Realms/Dogs of War.

In the constellation teasers, one of the constellations at the end was the star sign of Cacklefax Cockerel. In Warhammer lore, this is the sign of money and merchants.

If that's not a dead giveaway, I don't know what is.

For what it's worth, the other prominent constellation at the end of the teasers was our real life constellation of Ursa Major (or Minor?). It's pretty clear now that this was teasing Kislev, so I think it's the same deal with the other constellation as well.

I feel dumb that I didn't notice this. That settles it for me.
  • DVersionDVersion Member Registered Users Posts: 211
  • GBoneGBone Registered Users Posts: 800
  • GreenColouredGreenColoured Registered Users Posts: 3,091

1. Ogre Kingdoms
    2. Chaos Dwarves
    3. Dogs of War
    4. Legions of Nagash
    5. Nippon
    6. Other

3. Dogs of War

80% easy recolour and kitbashes from existing units

20% legitimately new units that happens to all be extremely simple and low-effort to make

4. Legions of Nagash

Mostly undead from existing factions plus a few Nagash unique units

6. Hobgoblins

Kill two birds with one stone, as assets used to make this faction will directly aid in making the inevitable Chaos Dwarf faction who also uses some hobgoblins

Wish Fulfillment

7. Halflings, Amazons, Albion, Pygmies, Araby, some wild card
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,463
    I can’t wait until this damn preorder question is answered.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.