Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

PreOrder DLC race Speculation

Comments

• DaBoyzAreBackInTownDaBoyzAreBackInTown Registered Users Posts: 841
    I believe Legend of Total War already confirmed that it will be Chaos Dwarfs.
    Discord/Steam Name: Glorious Feeder
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,342
    Definitely not Nippon, CA would rather make them a 20$ dlc, besides, I doubt CA will release two completely new races at same time
  • LabriaLabria Registered Users Posts: 1,936
    edited June 8
    I think Dogs of War/Southern Realms will be pre-order bonus race pack. Most of their units will be just cheap human units. Also, If we will get this race at launch of game 3, this will be end of all Empire placehold factions in the Old World.

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms are obvious choices for campaign packs. If we will get more campaign packs, I expect Ind and Nippon. I doubt CA will have any problem to sell fantasy version of Japan and India. If we will really get whole Far East in both campaign maps, we will have big areas on map full of placehold factions without these two races.

I doubt we will really get any other race. I can imagine many minor races with single own province will have same fate like Araby.
    Dwarfs need Slayer Lord pack: https://imgur.com/x74HxxU
  • FerestorFerestor Registered Users Posts: 1,085
    either southern Realm(alias dogs of War), Hobgoblin or Ogre Kingdoms( because of the map)
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,649
    edited June 8

Chaos Dwarfs and Ogre Kingdoms will be proper campaign packs.

Hobgoblins, Kurgan, Nippon are incredibly unlikely pipe dreams.

Nagash is too big a villian to not be a end game threat. If he is coming it'll. Be a proper DLC.

I'm hoping for Dogs of War.

+1. it's definitely not nagash, he would overlap the main villain of the game which is chaos. he may appear at a later time down the road, maybe as part of some kind of end times crap they could do

kurgan and nippon are unlikely, I dont even think we will see the land of nippon on the I.E. map tbh... hope I'm wrong tho

So my bet is dow too. but considering its CA were talking about noone should discard the possibility that they waste either chaos dwarfs or ogres on the preorder. theyve done even dumber things before.
    Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Horus89Horus89 Registered Users Posts: 176
    edited June 8
    Legions of Nagash, Dogs of War or Chaos Warriors 2. (rework+2-4 new LL)
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 1,908
    Norse Dwarfs!

Most of the stuff they would have is more or less already in the game and standing against the attacks of Chaos would fit them too very well.
  • RutgerhuerRutgerhuer Registered Users Posts: 304

In the constellation teasers, one of the constellations at the end was the star sign of Cacklefax Cockerel.

A rooster? Halflings confirmed!
    TW:WH2 needs a playable Legendary Lord for every TW:WH1 race on Vortex before it can be considered complete.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 834
    We have 4 chaos LL
    We have 4 order LL
    (+1 mysterious LL... Be'lakor??)

I suppose preorder could be non-chaos and non-order.

Nagash or hobgoblins seem likely. First was heavily hinted in Vortex. Second get few new GW models recently.

Or! *Tin foil hat meme*

Mysterious LL is Nagash and preorder hobgoblins?

• Kiwi123Kiwi123 Registered Users Posts: 634

A small chance for Kraka Drak also exists. Would be a good order bro near Kislev. And they would be pretty easy to make.

I've never seen a legitimate or serious case ever penned for Norse Dwarfs as the pre-order.

Commissar - a 15 year Dwarf TT player.
    Gotta agree here.
    IMO, the Norse Dawi should make it at some point, if Kislev is in, Kraka Drak should be on the map. As the preorder though? Doubtful. Extreme doubtful.

Legend doesn't know what he's talking about.
    Finding cheese ways to break the game?? He's your guy.
    Actual, useful, knowledgeable information about the game itself? Look sonewhere else, Turin perhaps, or MilkandCookiesTW
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,713
    Legion of Nagash:
    • Can reuse a lot of existing assets- fits a pre-order budget.
    • Provides a non-chaos villain for game 3.
    • Fills out the likely empty bottom of the game 3 map.
    Hobgoblins:
    • May be able to reuse assets if Chaos Dwarfs are being worked on for the first campaign pack.
    • Provide a good early game villain for Cathay/Kislev.
    But it is definitely not Chaos Dwarfs or Ogre Kingdoms.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,397
    edited June 8
    Bonutz said:

I can’t wait until this damn preorder question is answered.

Agreed.

I'm perfectly happy discovering what stuff the known factions have when I get the game. What I really want to know is what the other faction coming alongside the game is. Not even what it has... just what it is. The wait is aggravating, and makes the wait for the whole thing aggravating.
  • Steph_F_DavidSteph_F_David Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,989
    I think Chaos Dwarves and Ogres are more likely to be a fulll race pack.

Possible candidates
    - Southern Realms / DoW
    - Empire with Ulric, more LL, knights orders... But maybe better as a LP DLC than a full race.
    - Hobgoblins: too close to Greenskins? I see them more as new non playable factions based on Greenskins with some rework.
    - Ind, Nippon, Khuresh: may be later in life cycle if map is big enough, but I don't see them at start.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,172
    Kiwi123 said:

Actual, useful, knowledgeable information about the game itself? Look sonewhere else, Turin perhaps, or MilkandCookiesTW
    Legend didn't confirm anything. He just speculated that the pre-order would be Chaos Dwarfs so that it's indeed a game 3 race pack but playable in Mortal Empires before game 3 is launched.

It's not "doesn't know what he's talking about". CA indeed extended the part of the Darklands that is playable in Mortal Empire. Extending it further to make Chaos Dwarfs playable in it isn't that outlandish as speculations go (in my opinion it's much more grounded than Albion, Amazons or Nippon that are suggested here).

Obviously, this theory has also major drawbacks:
    - Chaos Dwarfs are more a Campaign Pack race (4 LLs at least, huge monsters from Forgeworld, etc...) than a Race Pack. If CD are indeed the pre-order, either CA is hurting their wallet by giving a 18,99€ DLC as pre-order instead of 9,99€. Or they are shafting fans by making CD an incomplete race pack, exposing CA to a lot of unecessary backlash.
    - This supposes also that a DLC for game 3 can be safely ported in game 2 architectur, without suffering from a Norsca fiasco 2.0 This is a strong assumption that CA resolved their issues there.

For those reasons, I think CD are a low possibility as pre-order, but only if CA is feeling generous and bring them as a full Campaign pack.

Much more likely in my opinion are Dogs of War/Southern Realms. If CA indeed resolved their issues with porting a DLC from a game into another game, DoW can be developped as a game 3 DLC and be made playable in Mortal Empires. DoW in game 3 can rely on the mercenaries mechanics from 3K, but in Mortal Empires they could also work as a more settled faction in the actual Southern Realms.

I know it's not a very popular opinion, but DoW as a Race Pack with only 2 LLs is much more likely to be accepted by the community than a 2LL Chaos Dwarfs DLC.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,607
    By all rights it should be Dogs of War. They are a minor race but by gods they actually have a freaking army book and place on the map. I don't think we are gonna get more then 2-3 campaign packs for game 3 so this might be there last chance as there is clearly better options for those.

However I think Hob goblins are very likely- it doesn't feel like a coincidence that GW just released new models for them.

Nagash is but a legendary character. He isn't a race and doesn't need to be treated as such. He has only ever been a part of the existing rulebooks. Morgasts are cool but they are clearly Age of Sigmar models. Regardless I think they are very possible and CA might come up with something interesting... but it would be a massive shame to just get effectively a vampire Lord pack as the pre order.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,778
    edited June 8
    I reckon Hobgoblins. They was an area on the map called Hobgoblin Khanate shown in the reveal video and they said they are going to do Eastern factions not seen previously in any GW ip. Also it would tick off a horse archer faction in a cheap way if they want to get that done.

I like the DoW celestial hint. If it's them I'll be a lot happier but I think their chance has gone with their territory in game 1 or 2.
    MiniaAr said:

Kiwi123 said:

Legend didn't confirm anything. He just speculated that the pre-order would be Chaos Dwarfs so that it's indeed a game 3 race pack but playable in Mortal Empires before game 3 is launched.

It's not "doesn't know what he's talking about". CA indeed extended the part of the Darklands that is playable in Mortal Empire. Extending it further to make Chaos Dwarfs playable in it isn't that outlandish as speculations go (in my opinion it's much more grounded than Albion, Amazons or Nippon that are suggested here).

Obviously, this theory has also major drawbacks:
    - Chaos Dwarfs are more a Campaign Pack race (4 LLs at least, huge monsters from Forgeworld, etc...) than a Race Pack. If CD are indeed the pre-order, either CA is hurting their wallet by giving a 18,99€ DLC as pre-order instead of 9,99€. Or they are shafting fans by making CD an incomplete race pack, exposing CA to a lot of unecessary backlash.
    - This supposes also that a DLC for game 3 can be safely ported in game 2 architectur, without suffering from a Norsca fiasco 2.0 This is a strong assumption that CA resolved their issues there.

For those reasons, I think CD are a low possibility as pre-order, but only if CA is feeling generous and bring them as a full Campaign pack.

Much more likely in my opinion are Dogs of War/Southern Realms. If CA indeed resolved their issues with porting a DLC from a game into another game, DoW can be developped as a game 3 DLC and be made playable in Mortal Empires. DoW in game 3 can rely on the mercenaries mechanics from 3K, but in Mortal Empires they could also work as a more settled faction in the actual Southern Realms.

I know it's not a very popular opinion, but DoW as a Race Pack with only 2 LLs is much more likely to be accepted by the community than a 2LL Chaos Dwarfs DLC.
    I mean..... it's not like anyone's opinions on this topic actually matter. We will get what we get. Most will enjoy it, be it DoW, Nagash, Hobgobbos, CD or OK. Some will hate it, but thats normal. All I'm saying is, use Legend for cheese, not for anything else.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,607

I reckon Hobgoblins. They was an area on the map called Hobgoblin Khanate shown in the reveal video and they said they are going to do Eastern factions not seen previously in any GW ip. Also it would tick off a horse archer faction in a cheap way if they want to get that done.

I like the DoW celestial hint. If it's them I'll be a lot happier but I think their chance has gone with their territory in game 1 or 2.

To be fair that was a map reveal for wsrhammer old world- not this game. Also DoW can go anywhere; he'll Skaven launched without skavenblight on the map. Still that's two good points.
  • DaruwindDaruwind Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,446
    1) ask yourself which faction/races can be full campaign packs with 4 LLs....That is range for Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs and TEB/DoW possibly

2) what new faction can utilize current assets? Hobgoblins, Norse Dwarfs, Nagash..

3) LP or LL packs for already existing factions are hardly good enough to bring new people. So sorry for Dwarfs, Empire, Norsca, WoC. If anything Norsca and WoC can get update ala Foundation update that was closing Wh1..

His Royal Highness, Phoenix King Finubar!

"It has been too long since I drew a blade in anger, Tyrion. You have been my sword, and Teclis has been my shield. But now it is time I fought my own battles!"

To be fair that was a map reveal for wsrhammer old world- not this game. Also DoW can go anywhere; he'll Skaven launched without skavenblight on the map. Still that's two good points.
    This was in the announcement video with the Kislev/Khorne survival battle on it. Iirc it was about 23 minutes in to the video. The map was for this game. The Old World map was different and I don't count that as a hint.

DoW would be better though and this could be their last chance.
  • LaindeshLaindesh Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,887
    pre order race could be anything which aint confirmed to be in WH3 already.
    Either CA or GW said they fleshed out many of the eastern races more, if i remember right. This could bode well, but we really dont get to know anything specific from this. It lights some hope for various race\campaign packs though.

Could be chaos dwarves or ogre kingdoms, while not popular options as pre order, it would fill out the space between kislev and cathay a bit. Chaos Dwarves may have the assets (uncertain), ogres unlikely due to missing assets.

Could be sea elves, khuresh, ind etc. Not likely due to assets required.

Could be Nippon, assets is mostly there. Cathay brings more assets. Models is a concern. I'd say somewhat likely. Would benefit more as DLC.

Could be hobgoblin khanate, their inclusion in AoS? could speak for this. Again there's those assets. Maybe DLC later?

Southern Realms, most of the assets is there. Requires some ogre stuff? Boring and predictable possibility. Missing major factions however which is located in the old world.

Kraka drak, assets is there. I do not expect them.

My personal want is Nippon one way or the other, cause i love japanese history and mythology. But in all honesty im fine with anything unless it does the race dirty (imagine getting budget ogres).
    I also think we need to consider how many campaign packs we will get. The likelyhood of that is 2 as thats what WH1 and 2 got. So if those 2 is reserves for CD and ogres, i'd definitely want NIppon as pre order race to get them into the game.
    However, i'd say southern realms and hobgoblin khanate got a bigger chance of being "it".
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930

1 and 2 - 99% sure that’s not going to happen.
  • Daedalusx007Daedalusx007 Registered Users Posts: 277
    People have been running wild with this so called hint that there is a second Eastern faction.

I took it to mean Cathay. Anything else would be wild speculation yet I keep seeing it alluded to as a fact that they meant more Eastern factions. Which makes zero sense. Marketing usually doesn't divide attention in that manner.
    The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong but those are the ways to bet.

Dogs of War or bust!
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,914
    Legions of Nagash?

Will his unit roster going to be ALL different from Vampires and Tomb Kings?

People have been running wild with this so called hint that there is a second Eastern faction.

I took it to mean Cathay. Anything else would be wild speculation yet I keep seeing it alluded to as a fact that they meant more Eastern factions. Which makes zero sense. Marketing usually doesn't divide attention in that manner.

It's because she said factions in plural. This wasn't a off the cuff interview it was a planned marketing video. With showing Hobgoblin Khanate on the map just before or after (I forget which) that's why I'm running with it.

Could end up being Araby though as it's all guess work.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,930

They were talking about Cathay and said working on new factions, with emphasis on the ‘s’. Not forgetting that Hobgoblins are an eastern faction and could well be the pre order faction. The fact is no one knows what’s coming and the exact same arguments against more new factions were used against Cathay before that was announced.

The marketing is about game 3, not about single factions.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 503
    Legions of nagash is just a mixed undead army list not a new faction/race it would be an utter waste of a race pack, nagash isn't special enough to warrant a race pack all to himself.

Dogs of war seems most likely as it requires the least resources of the factions mentioned.
  • MattockMattock Registered Users Posts: 570
    edited June 8
    Legions of nagash. They're is easily enough fluff and units to create a unique faction with a singular aesthetic. Yes we'd have skeletons again like VC and TK, but the norscams had marauders and there's new units like the simulcra, different ethereal units, morghasts, dread abyssals that would all be great and I'm sure could be part of a roster that provides a unique playstyle.

He'd also fit into the narrative of game 3. He already has killed ams devoured the power of a weakend god in the GW lore, so I'm sure he'd want to do the same thing in the CA narrative.

He'd also be less work than CD and OK, amd where I'd be happy with just 2 LL (with the ability to recruit of factions LL) and an equivalent number of units to norsca, OK and CD need full campaign packs to do them justice.

The thing that will make him unique is the biggest challenge, how would you introduce his ability to conquer other undead LL. Tbh I don't he needs to be able to recruit other ractions units. I imagine this would only be an issue for the combined map as they'd only get them included there, so if you own there DLC or games allowing thier recruitment after defeating them shouldn't be too hard. This feature could exist in gane 3 also, just with basic VC and TK lords spread over the map.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,397

I don't think we are gonna get more then 2-3 campaign packs for game 3 so this might be there last chance as there is clearly better options for those.

Campaign Pack means it's got a "minimum" number of LL and has a story element in the campaign for its game. Truthfully, with Kislev taking front stage I don't expect DoW/Southern Realms to be a Campaign Pack for this narrative.

Race Packs are fine too, though. I mean hell, Beastmen wound up with a FLC LL to go from 2 to 3, and now they're getting a DLC, and it may even come with another FLC lord for all we know. Beastmen might end up with 5 LL. Not bad for one that started with just 2, eh? And honestly I expect Norsca (grouping) will get rebranded "Marauder Tribes" and get an FLC LL addition at some point, too.

So don't give up hope on your DoW. They may still come, and the 2 LL thing isn't a hard cap, it's a typically a minimum.