Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

PreOrder DLC race Speculation

Comments

• ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 811
    Bonutz said:

I can’t wait until this damn preorder question is answered.

Amen
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,397
    jamreal18 said:

Legions of Nagash?

Will his unit roster going to be ALL different from Vampires and Tomb Kings?

His roster is literally Tomb Kings and Vampires mixed up. He's basically just Undead Undivided. UwU daddy Nagash says bring ALL the skellies and fangboys -- and make 'em sparkle!
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 1,014
    0 chance it will be Nippon. IF and thats a big IF we will see Nippon at some point it will be a race pack. Pre-Order will be something cheap and easy to make. Nagash, Norse Dwarfs. Maybe Hobgobbos or DoW if we are lucky.
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• SerPusSerPus Registered Users Posts: 5,793

This was in the announcement video with the Kislev/Khorne survival battle on it. Iirc it was about 23 minutes in to the video. The map was for this game.

What?
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,607
    SerPus said:

This was in the announcement video with the Kislev/Khorne survival battle on it. Iirc it was about 23 minutes in to the video. The map was for this game.

What?
    I'm not aware of this either.
    Itharus said:

His roster is literally Tomb Kings and Vampires mixed up.

And Norsca is just Warriors of Chaos.
  • Random17Random17 Registered Users Posts: 20
  • ASyrianASyrian Registered Users Posts: 811
    edited June 8
    I get why norse dwarves want them as preorder...like anyone else to play em as soon as possible

They will most unlikely be a race pack but a lord pack with some raised costs for hightec units or with them blocked till you confederate other dwarven factions and some special/buffed units.
    Plus its possible that their home even wont be on the wh3 map.
    SerPus said:

Itharus said:

I think Nagash's legion is very possible as the pre-order; I never doubt it's likeliness. I just think of all the possible options it is the most boring. It has nothing to really establish itself as different from the Vampire counts in any meaningful way.

I just think of all the possible options it is the most boring.

Nothing wrong with that. No matter which option CA will pick, someone will find it boring.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,397
    SerPus said:

Itharus said:

Not in the same way, no.
    Itharus said:

Not in the same way, no.

Yeah, Undead Legions at least had an 8th edition army list, unique character, couple of new units and a new lore of magic.
    Norsca was just a piece of WoC.
  • oliverpmasonoliverpmason Registered Users Posts: 1,779
    SerPus said:

What?
    Watch it again from the bit after the survival battle.
    SerPus said:

Itharus said:

Not in the same way, no.

Yeah, Undead Legions at least had an 8th edition army list, unique character, couple of new units and a new lore of magic.
    Norsca was just a piece of WoC.
    That list was from End Times after VC and TK had been abolished. As they are categorically not doing End Times I don’t think that helps them.
    edited June 8

You mean the interview part? The only map they show there is the one from the announcement trailer, with Cathay on it.

after VC and TK had been abolished.

What?
    Anyway, the point here is that Norsca didn't even have that.
  • capybarasiesta89capybarasiesta89 Senior Member Bath, UKRegistered Users Posts: 5,044
    I say 3 and 4 that's just me of course, Nagash would be interesting addition, and of course DoW have presence on Silk Road to Cathay, Ogre mercenaries.
    #JusticeForTzeentch #JusticeForMonogods
    SerPus said:

You mean the interview part? The only map they show there is the one from the announcement trailer, with Cathay on it.

What?
    I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I saw it. Can't now as I'm at work.

I didn't read End Times but from what I understand Nagash merged VC and TK into his own faction.
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,701
    Chaos Dwarves for me Clive. They'd be my 'favourites' (in the betting sense), Nagash second, Dogs of War third, Hobgoblins fourth (going to struggle to make a full Race from them IMO), Ogres fifth (too big, guaranteed Campaign Pack seller).

But I hope they get on and announce it soon, they know what it is and they're asking for pre-orders... just tell people what you're selling please CA.

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I saw it.

It wasn't in any trailer from CA, that's for sure.

I didn't read End Times

Then why are you so eager to discuss it? That's weird.

Chaos Dwarves for me Clive. They'd be my 'favourites' (in the betting sense), Nagash second, Dogs of War third, Hobgoblins fourth (going to struggle to make a full Race from them IMO), Ogres fifth (too big, guaranteed Campaign Pack seller).

But I hope they get on and announce it soon, they know what it is and they're asking for pre-orders... just tell people what you're selling please CA.

CA really do love to avoid telling us about their products.

SerPus said:

What?
    I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I saw it. Can't now as I'm at work.

I didn't read End Times but from what I understand Nagash merged VC and TK into his own faction.
    The end-times Nagash army was made to fight against the Unified Order, Chaos, Destruction and Elf armies - it wasn't a conventional army nor should it be treated as one.

However it did have a couple of unique characters and a couple of unique units. So as a reference source it's definitely something.
    SerPus said:

I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I saw it.

It wasn't in any trailer from CA, that's for sure.

I didn't read End Times

Then why are you so eager to discuss it? That's weird.

Maybe I'm imagining it then!

And sorry for upsetting you about Nagash.
  • DrazhoaththeAshenDrazhoaththeAshen Registered Users Posts: 279
    It is going to be a glorious day when these discussions stop becoming necessary. I can't be the only one that finds it maddening to have the same conversation this often to no real effect.

As to the race, I am still baffled at how someone can identify a race as their favorite in the setting and actively want them to be the preorder, unless the race is question is one unlikely to be included in the first place. Is there really such a problem with delayed gratification anymore that people cannot wait a few months to a year to get a presumably MUCH better product? And no, the preorder DLC is not going to come anywhere close to a full campaign pack. No way, no how. I don't care how many existing skeletons can be reused. If CA can sell something in large quantities for $20, they aren't going to give it to you for free for buying the base game.

Keep calm and praise Hashut
    Beautiful artwork by Matt Hancox

It is going to be a glorious day when these discussions stop becoming necessary. I can't be the only one that finds it maddening to have the same conversation this often to no real effect.

As to the race, I am still baffled at how someone can identify a race as their favorite in the setting and actively want them to be the preorder, unless the race is question is one unlikely to be included in the first place. Is there really such a problem with delayed gratification anymore that people cannot wait a few months to a year to get a presumably MUCH better product? And no, the preorder DLC is not going to come anywhere close to a full campaign pack. No way, no how. I don't care how many existing skeletons can be reused. If CA can sell something in large quantities for $20, they aren't going to give it to you for free for buying the base game.

We will just find something else to argue about. Afterall we had four years of Mono-God debates...

• VikingHuscal1066VikingHuscal1066 Registered Users Posts: 1,779
    Lotor12 said:

Dogs of War?

-----
    I think that chaos dwarves and Ogress will be keep for late DLC like tomb kings or norsca

I don't know dude.

I'd think they'd have to wait for the Ogres to properly make the Dogs of War/Southern Realms as their own race.
    Well this is embarrassing. Just checked the video and no sign of Hobgoblins on the map. My mistake.

I have no idea who it is now. I'll still guess an Eastern faction though as that one sentence is the only hint we have.

Well this is embarrassing. Just checked the video and no sign of Hobgoblins on the map. My mistake.

I have no idea who it is now. I'll still guess an Eastern faction though as that one sentence is the only hint we have.

Hob Goblins appeared on the map Warhammer revealed for the Old world. And of course the new AoS Hob-Goblin models. It's no guarantee but it is remarkably well timed.

But my heart belongs to the dogs of war...
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,470

As to the race, I am still baffled at how someone can identify a race as their favorite in the setting and actively want them to be the preorder, unless the race is question is one unlikely to be included in the first place.

That's my whole logic with Dogs of War. First Warhammer minis I ever had, I love those doggy bois ! But I really think that it's pre-order or never for them, given how many bigger races are missing, so I have to cheer for them as pre-order !

Plus, at least Hobgoblins are sure to be in the game whatever happens, even if they aren't pre-order, if only as 2-3 Chaos Dwarves units ! The Dogs don't have that garantee !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy

It's no guarantee but it is remarkably well timed.

Well, Chaos Dwarfs will come soon enough, so there will be hobgoblins. Also some people were saying that GW mentioned Chaos Dwarfs on stream while showing hobgrots. Haven't seen the stream myself, so that might be false.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440

The issue with that logic is that almost anything can be considered too important to become a lesser addition. And the situation has varied quite a lot in this game history.

Release : 4 factions being core was good for them, WoC was shunted. Dwarf roster almost complete
    After a few DLC : dwarfs and GS got more start positions than the other two good for them.

reaching norsca : Norsca was unexpected and got the freshest mechanic : good for them

TWW2 : all those core factions that came now are way more detailled and interesting, good for them, bad for the core

TK and VCoast : these factions got incredibly nice rosters and 4 LL each ! good for them

Dwarf rework; : a new mechanic added to dwarfs, good for them

Fast forward today : Norsca and VCoast /TK unlikely to get more stuff, awful. reworks got better, from now considered basic for dwarfs to fully fledged WE and next BM. Some core WH2 factions are stuffed with LLs.
    WoC may get their time to shine with the third game.

on the other side : many factions seems unlikely to get in, people are scared of a character being FLC, or a faction being a race pack. CD and OK being DLC seems they may be better than Kislev/Cathay at release but less likely to be updated...
    Old factions left in the dust may get their new / new rework later and end up better than most..

So what is the conclusion ? Technically you may want any content you hope for to come the latest possible. But it's a bit perverse, isn't it ?

• bradleyvincentwellsbradleyvincentwells Registered Users Posts: 335
    Bonutz said:

I can’t wait until this damn preorder question is answered.

Half the fun is the wait. Once it is announced, the other half is watching people go crazy over it.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,896
    edited June 8
    I will argue that Dogs Of War will come with Tilea in game 3, after all Norsca has a tech specifically for Tilea, so this is a pretty big hint (Why would you have a tech specifically for Tilea?)''.

Edit: Could be a potential pre-order or a race pack though.