Rome 2 crashes upon multiplayer lobby whenver i click on chat. I have created tickets on SEGA and I will list here the items I have already tried and SEGA supported to do. non of them worked SO I am hoping you can help.
1) %appdata%/roaming/rome 2 deletion,
2) Script file dxdiag modification to true/false
3) Nvidia driver rollback, update, uninstall, NVidia experience uninstall, install update, almost everything with the drivers
4) disabling firewall, adding to firewall exceptions, disabling antivirus, adding to antivirus exceptions
5) Verification/validation of system files through steam; deleting files and validation/verification again
6) combability mode in win 8/95/xp
7) running as administrator
8) Disabling legacy/directx 12
9) updated bios/updated windows
Sega supported to do:
reset the TCP/IP and Winsock status.
netsh int ip reset reset.txt
netsh winsock reset
re install the redistibutables that are within that folder
uninstall all mods.
After you done that please verify your game cache again- done
Disable your Antivirus and any other security software:
Check the Steam client Propertie (readonly, Compatibility modes)
launch Rome 2 as an Admin.
ran the repair.NET tool:https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/install/repair
after I did alll of that this is their responsE:
The best way to go about asking specific multiplayer issues/ enquiries are the official Total War forums: