Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

How do you think will be the dynamic between Mortals and Deamons for the other gods?

SiWISiWI Senior MemberRegistered Users Posts: 11,706
edited June 10 in General Discussion
Hi,

from the Q&A we know that for Khorne, deamons will be fast and hard hitting, but squishy, while the mortals are hard hitting but slower with better staying power.

What do you guess could this mean for the other gods?

Nurgle for example:
could it be that the mortals are the "fast" part of the units and deamons are the part with bigger numbers (just as example)?

What about Tzeench?
Deamons more support and mortals Frontline?

Slanessh?

What are your guesses?
Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892

Comments

• HighPriest_AstragothHighPriest_Astragoth Registered Users Posts: 434
    SiWI said:

Hi,

from the Q&A we know that for Khorne, deamons will be fats and hard hitting, but squishy

I think you just described Nurgle
  • AmonkhetAmonkhet Registered Users Posts: 6,036
    Tzeentch will be a mix of Mortals getting the ward save aspect of the Mark of Tzeentch and the Daemons being support getting the Spellcasting buffs the Mark of Tzeentch gave.
    Albion would make the perfect Total War Warhammer 3 pre-order; with Hengus the Druid and Bran MacKerog as Legendary Lords.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 2,943

SiWI said:

Hi,

from the Q&A we know that for Khorne, deamons will be fats and hard hitting, but squishy

I think you just described Nurgle
    Fast, hard-hitting daemons with slower, more endurant mortals is peak Slaanesh !
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,089
    edited June 10
    Most demons are not that armored*, so at least the warriors will remain the main heavy infantry for all gods.

* but have saves

Nurgle is the god where they may be the closest, though of course Warriors of nurgle will be even difficult to kill than their equivalent for other gods.

Mortal rosters may bring other capacities to the gods, if they are based by different units; Nurgle may get plague zombies. Slaanesh may get elfs. This would bring chaff tarpit, and perhaps hybrid/ranged rspectively.

Though not useless in melee, Tzeench daemon will benefit from warriors as an anvil, for their ranged and aoe abilities. Screamers and chariots will bring much mobility and aerial power so the mortals aren't required there.

• SiWISiWI Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 11,706
    uriak said:

Most demons are not that armored*, so at least the warriors will remain the main heavy infantry for all gods.

* but have saves

while true, and the first god you talk about that shows that, I don't think it will be universal their trait.

Nurgle is the god where they may be the closest, though of course Warriors of nurgle will be even difficult to kill than their equivalent for other gods.

actually I could see that the demons are the tanks and the mortals do "the damange" in that setup.
    Sure "technically" a pleagurbearer may be "naked" but if you are naked but have a **** ton of health points and regent and maybe debuffs for your enemies, then they easily could be the most tanky unit in the trilogy.

Another thing could be that the demons of nurgle bring the number so that you are unlike Khorne, not often outnumbered.

Mortal rosters may bring other capacities to the gods, if they are based by different units; Nurgle may get plague zombies. Slaanesh may get elfs. This would bring chaff tarpit, and perhaps hybrid/ranged rspectively.

True, only khorne is very stric in terms of rejecting magic and almost no range, but I do think that CA will have a dynamic simlair to Khorns for every god.

Though not useless in melee, Tzeench daemon will benefit from warriors as an anvil, for their ranged and aoe abilities. Screamers and chariots will bring much mobility and aerial power so the mortals aren't required there.

I think Tzeench is the clears case given that he has range daemons and it would be kinda make sense for his mortal to be "boring" "use sword on enemy" type while the daemons do all the wild stuff.
    Ratling_Guns.gif?t=1554385892
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,070
    From the Info we got, the Daemons are the stars of the MonoGods rodterd and the Mortals cover the places where Daemons can't reach, in the case of Khorne it means armour and tankiness.

Nurgle is probably the Chaos God with less armoured Daemons, so Mortals would supply him with some armour and killing power since Nurgle Daemons win by eroding the enemy with poison and other debuffs.

Mortals for Tzeentch would actually be the melee side, since most of his Daemons are either ranged or focused on magic.

Then slaneesh would also benefit from some armoured troops, since most Slaneesh Daemons rely on speed, not tankiness, so while your warriors hold the line, your fast Daemons flank.
  • hillbillymachinegunhillbillymachinegun Registered Users Posts: 119
    My expectations:

Nurgle: Mortals have much higher HP pools, more armor, and are all around tankier, while Daemons have more damage potential and potentially more debuffs to enemy units. Probably no difference in mobility (at least for infantry).

Tzeentch: I expect both will be relatively low armor and high mobility. Maybe the Daemons will have the staying power and the Mortals will be the damage dealers. Horrors will be tarpits that just won't go away, especially if they implement a mechanic where a wiped out unit of pink horrors immediately spawns a unit of blue horrors with twice as many models, but would function basically like fast zombies with better stats. Mortals would be your source for high melee attack/defense and AP damage.

Slaanesh: Mortals might be the source of ranged units for the army, and possibly a slightly more armored and shielded front line. Daemons will have all the AP damage and much more mobility and melee attack though.

Just my thoughts, excited to see what they actually do with it. If Khorne is any indication so far, I'm optimistic.
  • AlchimistAlchimist Registered Users Posts: 235
    edited June 10
    Tzeentch the mortals will serve as a resilient shield wall, the daemons will be on the back engulfing the battlefield in flames.

Slanessh the mortals will be less fragile while offering some missile options, the daemons will be fast and hard hitting at the price of low health and no missile.

Nurgle the mortals will do most of the killing, the daemons will support them with debuffs, both will be slow but should have good healing.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,570
    I have a suspicion that it'll be 'Warriors tank, Daemons flank' for all, with Tzeentch daemons being more oriented to range than melee.

Nurgle may be the exception, since Plaguebearers are no faster than Warriors - the split there might be that both are tanky, but Warriors rely more on armour while Nurgle Daemons are better sent against AP units.
  • wingren013wingren013 Registered Users Posts: 1,011
    What CA described is basically the same relationship that existed in 8th edition between Daemons and mortals. It's a relationship that held true when AOS merged Daemons and mortals into god specific armies too.

I'd expect it to hold true for TWWH too.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,089
    Basically most demons will be indeed cost efficient vs AP dur to their ward save.
    And that relationship will be true indeed.

I expect nurgle warriors to be resilient but plague bearers to inflict more damage and poison. But Nurgle bigger boyzs will be quite resilients too. And there willbe quite a lot of attack debufss. The typical army you want to kill with fire from a distance, both for safetey and hygiene reasons.

That said the moral part of the rosters won't be only warriors, and here CA can indeed go and pick instead of having 4 marauders and the same BM units.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 4,448
    Nurgle: Everything is going to be slow, and tanky, with the exception of their flyers

Khorne and Slaanesh: Mortal units with staying power, demons that hit hard but are squishy. Main difference will be slaanesh will be faster, and probably less armour penetration (yeah, i know, ironic).

Tzeentch: Mortals will give staying power, demons will be ranged.

Slaanesh will probably be the most one dimension ever. Like wood elves without ranged.
  • LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 657
    I guess the daemons will go more into the extreme of the respective gods playstile (hard and fast hitting Khornates, tanky attrition based Nurglites, hit & run skirmishing Slaaneshi and ranged magical Tzeentchians) with the mortals following more of a balanced WoC approach with a mere tendency towards the god's style.