Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit cards debauch all over again

2»

Comments

• MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 898
    Wow, it looks incredible. Look at the difference on Khornetaurs and Bloodcrushers. Even "simple" khorne warriors looks so metal. Thats what I waiting from demons. Its chaos baby, brutal and hardcore.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 16,992
    I don’t have an issue with game 3 cards, the mod versions look too busy.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,965

I don't think WH3 cards are bad, they just feel a bit bland compared to those of WH1 and early WH2. Just a different filter and background would be enough to make them up to par. Also, we gotta consider that we now have 2 different styles of unit cards in the same game. it feels weird.
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Fossoway said:

I don't think WH3 cards are bad, they just feel a bit bland compared to those of WH1 and early WH2. Just a different filter and background would be enough to make them up to par. Also, we gotta consider that we now have 2 different styles of unit cards in the same game. it feels weird.
    No, they're 100% inferior. You can barely make out the outlines of the units and tell them apart at a quick glance.

The modded ones aren't busy, they're readable. Just like the earlier WH1+2 ones.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,905
    These new ones aren’t perfect, but at least I can distinguish the units from one another, the CA ones are so drab and samey, I’ll never be able to tell them apart in battle.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • ITA_Vae_VictisITA_Vae_Victis Senior Member ItalyRegistered Users Posts: 1,851
    Most of CA's cards are not even horrible per se. They just look like a big smudge of grey because they are so desaturated. If you turned up the saturation on them, they would look a lot more vibrant, and consequently also a lot clearer, alive and pleasant to look at.

Still, there are a few official cards where it's still very had to see what the unit is even supposed to be, or read its equipment. You need a microscope to notice that the Archers with a spear do have a spear, and the giant Ice bear and Little Grom get confused with the ground, the sky or both.
  • SagezSagez Registered Users Posts: 193
    God, this again? Are you the artist himself, self-promoting? I saw this many times...

My take:

Some are ok, but they are mostly over the top and too flashy. Hire the original guy back instead.
  • cabans33cabans33 Registered Users Posts: 648
    I very much prefer the modders unit cards, with the contrast I can See better the units. It goes on tastes I guess

complainers even complain about the modders attempt to fix their original complaints

Just because someone tries to fix something, we shouldn't just blindly praise it, specially when the result isn't far from the original.

Praise should be given when earned.

You nailed it with this comment but I would apply it also to CA. It seems to me that some people around here blindly praise CA for everything they do

• JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,689
    Those modded cards feel like some death-metal edgelord version of regular units. Not to my taste.

The WH3 unit cards look fine to me. The ones from the last two DLC's should get a look, but the current WH3 ones? They're fine in my opinion.
  • SleepyFishcakesSleepyFishcakes Registered Users Posts: 15
    edited June 20

To each one his own preference. I prefer informative unit card, just showing the units with minimal effect. Others may like it too.

But I'm sure many won't like it.

I almost vomited upon beholding these monstrosities.
  • KhorneFlakesKhorneFlakes Registered Users Posts: 3,729
    Bring back the og unit card artist CA,dew it.

• IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,563
    The minotaur is impossible to see.
    *Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

• MurmurlockMurmurlock Registered Users Posts: 898

The minotaur is impossible to see.

He is shy.
    From Kislev with Poorgrammar. :)
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,313
    edited June 20
    I'll 100% use the modded ones. No comparison. But I care much more about the cool factor than I care about functionality, so to each their own I guess.
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,313

To each one his own preference. I prefer informative unit card, just showing the units with minimal effect. Others may like it too.

But I'm sure many won't like it.

I almost vomited upon beholding these monstrosities.
    They are very similar to those in Med II, TBH.