Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

To: Creative Assembly - Topic: Total War Game Proposal - (PLEASE READ)

NickPlaysGamesNickPlaysGames Registered Users Posts: 8
To: CA,
Hello, I have been a passionate Total War fan for quite some time and have loved where the franchise has gone since. A couple of years ago I had the inspiration to create a mod for Total War: Three Kingdoms and have been working on it ever since. Up until recently, progress was slow but steady until I realized that the scope and grandeur of this mod was too much for a one man job, and I also realized that this mod had the potential to become its own Total War game or even multiple games. I now sincerely believe that this idea and project has the content, depth and capacity to shine as one of Total War's greatest, and possibly even better than the Three Kingdoms and Warhammer series. I have collected years of information, statistics, mechanics, resources, units, factions, and much more, and can offer these has proof and reasons of my claims and genuineness. Even though I may be some nobody on Forums, I wholeheartedly and sincerely request that you, CA, give me this opportunity and let me show you(CA) the aptitude and capacity of this project, for it may and will benefit both the prestige and the tremendous growth of the Total War franchise. Thank You So Much For Reading!,
A (Massive) Total War Fan

P.S. I did not know or find how to contact you(CA) directly, so I went to Forum realizing that you(CA) has my email through my access account and can contact me from there. Thank You So Much!

P.S. I did not specify and detail what exactly this project would entail and contain for fear that if this idea where to be revealed publicly, it would spread like wildfire throughout the Total War community and spoil the surprise/excitement if it where to be made a proper Total War game. Thank You Again!

Comments

• CommisarCommisar Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,951
    CA has previously taken note of work of modders and I think a few have been taken on to the staff (although I don't believe they have been able to make any setting choices), the best way to get them to notice it would be to publish the mod.

Issue is there's an entire world and world history to base games off, theirs all the mythology of it and now a wide range of the fantasy worlds for them to choose from. Anyone can write that down and post it.
  • NickPlaysGamesNickPlaysGames Registered Users Posts: 8
    I have not yet finished the mod and there's still a ton of work to do. I realized that it would probably be impossible to convince CA that it could be made into a full game, but all I want to do is give them the breakdown and a short summary of my project as well as the reasons that I think it could be successful.
    Then posting it here is the best shot. Could also of course post details of it on the modding sites and see if other modders might be interested in working on it as well.
    Very true, but the more and more I work on it, it just seems like it has the potential and scope of being a full on Total War game.
    I mean, I could tell you some info about it if you want, and hopefully you might be able to see the potential that it holds for the franchise
    Well those are the two options to try and get it on CAs radar. You need it somewhere that could get their attention as they don't have open lines, most studios don't for such direct contact.
    If you click the persons name on forums, there is a little icon that says message. if you want, I could tell you a brief summary of my ideas
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 615
    So Your "secret" idea here was the Total War game set in Star Wars setting?

What You opened in another topic
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,737
    I can only imagine a CA studio head meeting being interrupted when a junior staffer bursts into the room unannounced, out of breath holding a print out of the forum post, and between long labored breaths bellows out “Total Star Wars” and then the entire room erupts into joyful chaos. Chacophonic bedlam.

OP, that isn’t how the video game industry works. Nobody at CA is going to read this and contact you.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

I can only imagine a CA studio head meeting being interrupted when a junior staffer bursts into the room unannounced, out of breath holding a print out of the forum post, and between long labored breaths bellows out “Total Star Wars” and then the entire room erupts into joyful chaos. Chacophonic bedlam.

OP, that isn’t how the video game industry works. Nobody at CA is going to read this and contact you.

Well in fairness I think there is a chance CA staff will read threads, but yeah with it being such a well know IP it's not going to catch their attention.
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,638
    If you actually want to pitch an idea to CA, I wouldn't wait for them to contact you through a bloody forum.

Put your ideas, files, etc into presentable form, book a flight/transportation to Horsham, put on your big boy pants and go knock on their door. That's how you get things done instead of sitting around wringing your hands in frustration.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,522
    Is it historical or fantasy?

I like all historical timeline.
    For fantasy, only LotR is what I'm waiting for.
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 615
    edited July 16
    jamreal18 said:

It is Star Wars

"A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...."

Edit:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/292901/star-wars-total-war

Later in this topic, he revealed it
  • jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,522
    edited July 17
    Lotor12 said:

jamreal18 said:

It is Star Wars

It is about Stars and Aliens. Planets?