Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

The most anticipated WH3 crossover LP

ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,358

Thanquol

Skreech Verminking (LH)

Exalted Verminlord (Lord/Hero)

Verminlord

Stormfiends

Giant Rats

Nurgle is love, Nurgle is life

Comments

• uzualuzual Registered Users Posts: 385
    Oohh yeah! Guive us this NOW! :o<3
  • ArneSoArneSo Hamburg, Germany Registered Users Posts: 24,358
    Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

Also, :s Skaven content :s

More Skaven content is always good. It’s the most popular Race and Thanquol as the most wanted character will sell like hot cakes.

He could come against anything tbh. Both Cathay and Kislev would be very fitting but he could also come against one of the Monos.

My choice wouid be Cathay since it gives Skaven a start position in the Far East.
    uzual said:

Oohh yeah! Guive us this NOW! :o<3 </p>

It will probably be the most expensive and successful LP ever.

Can’t wait to enter the Realm of Chaos with Thanquol.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,774
    I expect Thanquol vs Malakai.

Thanquol has a phobia of Slayers, and with Gotrek and Skarbrand already taken, Malakai is the only one left with a connection to Thanquol.
    Fossoway said:

Thanquol has a phobia of Slayers, and with Gotrek and Skarbrand already taken, Malakai is the only one left with a connection to Thanquol.

There won’t be a WH3 LP without a WH3 race.
  • AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,981
    CA don't do swarms - so you can take giant rats off the list I'm afraid.
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,738
    Fossoway said:

I don't see a Game 3 faction there.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 815
    Switch up the Giant rats with Rat Riders and I would agree on the content. Already got 2 "dog" rat units.

Not my most anticipated personally though. That's Egrimm van Horstmann

CA don't do swarms - so you can take giant rats off the list I'm afraid.

They don’t look like swarms on that picture.
  • SaintCornSaintCorn Registered Users Posts: 1,885
    Skreech Verminking for FLC LL, and I would say that it is a solid lordpack.

SaintCorn said:

Skreech Verminking for FLC LL, and I would say that it is a solid lordpack.

I would prefer that personally but being summoned by Thanquol, I expect him as a LH like Ariel. Would be happy to be wrong tho.

Switch up the Giant rats with Rat Riders and I would agree on the content. Already got 2 "dog" rat units.

Not my most anticipated personally though. That's Egrimm van Horstmann

Would prefer that too. Giant Rats are kinda meh in my opinion.
  • FossowayFossoway Registered Users Posts: 4,774
    Surge_2 said:

Fossoway said:

I seriously doubt they're going to keep a game 3 faction for every LP in WH3.

People will start to get sick of Chaos after their 5th or 6th LP.
  • JungleElfJungleElf Registered Users Posts: 5,122
    You misspelled "Elspeth versus Tamurkhan".
  • Surge_2Surge_2 Registered Users Posts: 6,738
    Fossoway said:

Surge_2 said:

Fossoway said:

While I agree, I am without a Masters degree in Marketing, so I can only go by past behaviour of CA.
    Campaign Management is for suckers.

• MadDemiurgMadDemiurg Registered Users Posts: 4,601
    edited June 24
    As much as I like Skaven, the most hype WH3 crossover got to be Tamurkhan. It's just a very natural crossover, pretty much the Warden and the Paunch of game 3. I'd personally give Thanquol vs X the number 2 or 3 spot though.

• GoatforceGoatforce Registered Users Posts: 7,080
    ArneSo said:

Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

More Skaven content is always good. It’s the most popular Race and Thanquol as the most wanted character will sell like hot cakes.

He could come against anything tbh. Both Cathay and Kislev would be very fitting but he could also come against one of the Monos.

My choice wouid be Cathay since it gives Skaven a start position in the Far East.
    If we get Ulrika maybe vs her, a bit of a stretch but they both are connected to G&F.

Personally I hope they are not still stuck to needing a core race in game 3 LPs, especially later in the game's life.
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 1,024
    i still want Thorek vs Neferata, probably wont happen but IWANTTOBELIEVE
    BsFG dwarf
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,781
    I'd prefer Skreech as an FLC LL, but I guess he fits the LH role more than Kroak or Ariel.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • kratostatickratostatic Registered Users Posts: 563
    Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

If we get Ulrika maybe vs her, a bit of a stretch but they both are connected to G&F.

Personally I hope they are not still stuck to needing a core race in game 3 LPs, especially later in the game's life.
    If Ulrika's coming she's got to be vs Neferata surely?
  • ForumaccountkroqgarForumaccountkroqgar Registered Users Posts: 869
    edited June 25
    Goatforce said:

ArneSo said:

Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

Ulrika kicked him in one of the G&F books! It would be a hilarious rivalry for a crosspack.
    Post edited by dge1 on
    Justice for the scalies!

Basic fixes for blessed spawnings and geomantic web:
    https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/293369/lizardmen-rework-suggestions/p1?new=1
  • BonutzBonutz Registered Users Posts: 4,581
    Man, CA needs to change that ridiculous rule. People clearly want Game 1 vs Game 1 or Game 2 vs Game 1 in Warhammer 3.

It's this weird, restrictive box that CA puts themselves in and it's never made much sense to me as to why they do it this way.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • DrownedHoundDrownedHound Registered Users Posts: 6,924
    edited June 24
    Surge_2 said:

Fossoway said:

Surge_2 said:

Fossoway said:

While I agree, I am without a Masters degree in Marketing, so I can only go by past behaviour of CA.
    Let's see what I can do with all my biology degrees:

Hmmm yes the Promethean is a an Anomuran not a Brachyuran. That means nothing for marketing.

Damn that's all I got.
  • AethelstanAethelstan Registered Users Posts: 320
    Bonutz said:

Man, CA needs to change that ridiculous rule. People clearly want Game 1 vs Game 1 or Game 2 vs Game 1 in Warhammer 3.

It's this weird, restrictive box that CA puts themselves in and it's never made much sense to me as to why they do it this way.

My guess is they don’t want to give away two full rosters from previous games for the price of one lord pack. Not everyone who buys the DLC will own WH1 or WH2, effectively making it a double race pack for them. That’s my theory at least.

It would be great if we could have LPs that include two races from older games but CA seemingly don’t wanna be that generous.
    Now then, what's going on 'ere? I'll have no more o' this!
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 2,029
    edited June 25

Bonutz said:

My guess is they don’t want to give away two full rosters from previous games for the price of one lord pack. Not everyone who buys the DLC will own WH1 or WH2, effectively making it a double race pack for them. That’s my theory at least.

It would be great if we could have LPs that include two races from older games but CA seemingly don’t wanna be that generous.
    Basically hit the nail on the head there, same reason we'll never get a non-core race FLC LL (except as an incentive to buy previous DLC content) because they wont give out a whole race to play for free
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,282
    JungleElf said:

You misspelled "Emanuelle versus Eldyra".

FTFY

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,148
    Rob18446 said:

Bonutz said:

Basically hit the nail on the head there, same reason we'll never get a non-core race FLC LL (except as an incentive to buy previous DLC content) because they wont give out a whole race to play for free
    That statement has always seemed absurd to me because that a character is a FLC does not mean that you can use it without having access to the race of which it is part.

For example in TW: Warhammer 1 Morgur was a FLC but you could only use him if you had bought the beastmen.
  • RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 10,772
    It's all epic until someone shoves in a picture of Giant Rats :D .
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
    Favourite campaigns: Clan Angrund, Followers of Nagash and the new Huntsmarshall’s Expedition
  • General_HijaltiGeneral_Hijalti Registered Users Posts: 4,048
    ArneSo said:

Cortes31 said:

What is the other half?

By CAs own statistics in the livestream a few months ago, they aren't the most popular race.