Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Anyone want to take a final guess as to the BM vs LM DLC?

Comments

• AethelstanAethelstan Registered Users Posts: 332

Draxynnic said:

I imagine a SEM with bound spells is what will fit best in these games for the Coatl. I don't see it being a hero due to them be supposed to also work as agents. And Coatl for Lord, I don't know, I feel the Chameleon Lord would fill a bigger gap as a ranged Lord as well as ring thematic for Oxyotl.

Why wouldn't Coatls work as agents?

According to the fluff, they're able to move sections of the jungle around (or at least make it seem like they can) and generally confuse the frell out of invaders in their domain and get them lost. Sounds like a Block Army action to me. That combined with the fluff that they have a tendency to bring storms along with them also sounds like a solid justification for a Damage Walls or Damage Buildings action against settlements. As protectors of the sacred places, they'd likely be a source of Untainted. They're not assassins, so they'd probably have Wound against other agents rather than Assassinate.

Need anything else?
    Lorefully they would; thematically the wouldn't. Agents gain weapons, items and traits as they progress - none of these really make sense for the Coatl. It will be something like the Zoats more likely.
    If Mourngul Haunters, hideously mutated beasts that think only of their next meal, can gain traits and equip items I don’t see why a Coatl couldn’t. It wouldn’t be the most logical thing, but there is precedent for animalistic non-humanoid heroes.
    Now then, what's going on 'ere? I'll have no more o' this!
  • TheWattmanTheWattman Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,434

I don't necessarily expect LH. But when you come to think of it, wouldn't that be now or never for Tetto'eko ? Obviously as LH ?

Because, due to Troglodons coming now, it's now or never for Oracles. And if they do bring Oracles, he fits the theme. I also could see him as the one that could predict where Chaos forces will spawn for Oxyotl to tacle them.

Besides, I don't see CA just giving him a Palanquin mount with the Troglodon around. But as FLC LH or LL in game 3, I'm not sure he'd be able to have a Troglodon mount.

It's hard to tell the workload needed for him and Chakax.

They can save him for a final LM upate in WH3. LH would be Chakax, as Tetto'eko definetly isn't a hero type character.
  • Ben1990Ben1990 Registered Users Posts: 1,839

Most of it has been leaked/hinted here and there so I'm going to make an attempt at a final roster.

LM

Legendary Lord
    Oxyotl

Lords
    Cham Skink Lord

Heroes
    Skink Oracle

Units
    Cham Skink Stalkers
    Coatl
    Troglodon

RoR's
    Coatl, Cham Skink Stalkers, Cold One Riders

BM

Legendary Lord
    Taurox

Lords
    Doombull

Heroes
    Wargor

Units
    Tuskgor Chariot
    Ghorgon
    Jabber

RoR's
    Centigors, Ghorgon, Jabber

FLC Lord
    Ghorros Warhoof

Well Troglodons were confirmed in the newest video from CA. The one where they advertised TWW games and DLCs for the sales. In fact there were two Troglodons there and both near Dread Saurians.
    LOOK: at 1:01-1:02. It's so short it's hard to see, but they are there.
  • kufareekufaree Registered Users Posts: 839
    Nice list, but i want one more thing to the beastmen side...
    A legendary hero 🙂
  • BloodydaggerBloodydagger Registered Users Posts: 4,005
    If a LH hero is involved at all, why not give it to the DEs? Aren't they the only WH2 faction without one now? Shadowblade? Kouran?

• DjauDjau Registered Users Posts: 10,501
    Fossoway said:

Draxynnic said:

I imagine a SEM with bound spells is what will fit best in these games for the Coatl. I don't see it being a hero due to them be supposed to also work as agents. And Coatl for Lord, I don't know, I feel the Chameleon Lord would fill a bigger gap as a ranged Lord as well as ring thematic for Oxyotl.

According to the fluff, they're able to move sections of the jungle around (or at least make it seem like they can) and generally confuse the frell out of invaders in their domain and get them lost. Sounds like a Block Army action to me. That combined with the fluff that they have a tendency to bring storms along with them also sounds like a solid justification for a Damage Walls or Damage Buildings action against settlements. As protectors of the sacred places, they'd likely be a source of Untainted. They're not assassins, so they'd probably have Wound against other agents rather than Assassinate.

Need anything else?
    Lorefully they would; thematically the wouldn't. Agents gain weapons, items and traits as they progress - none of these really make sense for the Coatl. It will be something like the Zoats more likely.
    Single-entity flying monsters with bound spells, more like. The one we caught a glimpse in the trailer was pretty big and alone.
    Coatl could be the chance to get something right for Tzeentch in WH3. Single-Entity units that get access to Lore of Magic like Heroes/Lords. Would make sense for Lords of Change.

• DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,025

Draxynnic said:

Need anything else?
    If Mourngul Haunters, hideously mutated beasts that think only of their next meal, can gain traits and equip items I don’t see why a Coatl couldn’t. It wouldn’t be the most logical thing, but there is precedent for animalistic non-humanoid heroes.
    Not to mention that there's already no limitation on magic armour for casters. On the tabletop, most casters couldn't wear armour.
  • XxXScorpionXxXXxXScorpionXxX Registered Users Posts: 4,979
    Kelefane said:

If a LH hero is involved at all, why not give it to the DEs? Aren't they the only WH2 faction without one now? Shadowblade? Kouran?

What LH does the HE have?
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • ReghisReghis Registered Users Posts: 1,030

I agree with everything you listed being the most likely except the FLC lord.

I am calling it the FLC lord will be a Dwarf and Thorek Ironbrow specifically.

They want to get as many people as possible playing Warhammer 2 leading up to the release data of WH3, so having new lords for the most races that will attract the most players is the best strategic thing for them to do.

That....makes like no sense at all. Dwarfs are one of the most boring factions to play right now because all 4 Lords have 0 interesting mechanics. They need need a full rework next to vampires. The book of grudges need a rework and we NEED a rune forge.

+ Dwarfs have units/Lords for atleast two thematic LPs: runic with Thorek and Slayer/Engineer with Malakai + one FLC Lord (Bugman for example)

So i expect 2 LPs in game 3 but nothing in game 2 anymore.
    My ancestors are smiling at me, Imperial, can you say the same?

• EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,120
    edited June 2021
    I hope anyone voting on a chameleon Skink lord is wronger then wrong.

The Lizardmen already have an awkward Kroxigor Ancient

I hope anyone voting on a chameleon Skink lord is wronger then wrong.

The Lizardmen already have a awkward Kroxigor Ancient

to be fair this would at least be more loreful than the Kroxigor Ancient. But CA has done this before so I think its likely to expect a Cham lord.
    Request scorched body textures, poisoned dying animations for infantry's skeletons, a blood slider that allows us to control how much blood appears in battle and make proper death animations for all ethereal units so they vanish for Blood for the Blood God 3.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,988

Most of it has been leaked/hinted here and there so I'm going to make an attempt at a final roster.

LM

Legendary Lord
    Oxyotl

Lords
    Cham Skink Lord

Heroes
    Skink Oracle

Units
    Cham Skink Stalkers
    Coatl
    Troglodon

RoR's

BM

Legendary Lord
    Taurox

Lords
    Doombull

Heroes
    Wargor

Units
    Tuskgor Chariot
    Ghorgon
    Jabber

RoR's
    Centigors, Ghorgon, Jabber

FLC Lord
    Ghorros Warhoof

I know that’s a beefy dlc you laid out, but I think we will get a LH for each LM and BM.

On top of that...
    I have a feeling we might see middenland entering the fray for owners of 1&2 and beastmen campaign pack.
  • hendo’hendo’ Registered Users Posts: 2,988
    Rob18446 said:

Amonkhet said:

Lizardmen:
    ---------------
    Legendary Lord: Oxyotl
    Lord: Coatl
    Hero: Skink Oracle
    Legendary Hero: Tetto'eko
    Mount: Troglodon
    Units: Chameleon Stalkers, Feral Troglodon, Culchan Riders
    RoR: Chameleon Stalkers, Feral Troglodon, Culchan Riders

Beastmen:
    --------------
    Legendary Lord: Taurox
    Lord: Doombull
    Hero: Wargor
    Legendary Hero: Ghorros Warhoof
    Units: Jabberslythe, Ghorgon, Tuskgor Chariot
    RoR: Centigors, Jabberslythe, Ghorgon

FLC Lord: Moonclaw
    Total War Access FLC: Great Bray Shaman

There's unlikely to be any LH this time round tbh, in the last pack it made sense because both LH had a strong connection with their respective LLs, I doubt they're just going to randomly tack a pair on for the sake of it.
    I understand the logic, makes sense. I’m hoping you’re wrong though because I want as many names characters in, and this is a good chance to fit two more in. I think this is going to be a huge update.
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 2,025
    My predictions!!!

Lizardmen

Legendary Lord: Oxytl

Legendary Hero: Tetto'eko

Hero: Skink Oracle

Units: Trogolodon, Coatl, Chemleon Skink Stalkers, Skink ColdOne Riders.

I still really want Culchan riders, but I got a feeling they won't get added. Also Tetto'eko is one of my most wanted characters and I realized he'd work just fine as a legendary hero.

Beastmen

Legendary Lord: Taurox

Lords: Doombull

Hero: Wargor

Units: Tuskgor Chariot, Tuskgor Herd, Ghorgon, Jabberslythe

Flc Legendary Lord: Ghorros Warhoof

Flc Lord: Great Bray Shaman
  • Cortes31Cortes31 Registered Users Posts: 2,190
    edited June 2021
    • Oxyotl
    • Skink Oracle Lord
    • No hero
    • New Chameleon Skinks
    • Coatl
    • Troglodon

• Taurox
    • Ghorros as Drycha-Style FLC LL
    • Doombull Lord
    • Wargor Hero through Total War Access
    • Tuskgor Chariot
    • Jabby
    • Ghorgon
  • HeresyHoundHeresyHound Registered Users Posts: 8,262
    Why are so many people guessing we will get a generic Lord AND a generic Hero for LM? Is it not for more common for us to only get one or the other? The only DLC with both off the top of my head was the Shadow and the Blade
  • EarthDragonEarthDragon Registered Users Posts: 1,120

Why are so many people guessing we will get a generic Lord AND a generic Hero for LM? Is it not for more common for us to only get one or the other? The only DLC with both off the top of my head was the Shadow and the Blade

Grim and the Grave.

But absolutely it is a bit more uncommon to get both.

Best case scenario is we do not get any other named Lizardmen, as that still leaves the doors open for an FLC Lizardman Lord to go against the Daemons in game 3. I’ll be preaching this all day: it’s a travesty to leave Lizardmen out of a game where mortals are fighting back huge Chaos incursions
  • SbygneusSbygneus Registered Users Posts: 995
    I was wondering if Tuskgor Chariot will have a missile variant? Or only straight melee one?

true.

i just guessed Oracle because Trog was confirmed. And guessed Cham Skink Lord because they did the same thing with Nakai and Teenyweeny
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 11,025

The only race to have NOT received two generic characters associated with a DLC since H&B was HE. The others just had their second come as FLC instead.

Mind you, I could see LM being the second.
  • afverrallafverrall Registered Users Posts: 875
    edited June 2021
    Bugman on a beer hunt or nefrata for flc
  • SnakeMajinSnakeMajin Registered Users Posts: 421

I don't necessarily expect LH. But when you come to think of it, wouldn't that be now or never for Tetto'eko ? Obviously as LH ?

Because, due to Troglodons coming now, it's now or never for Oracles. And if they do bring Oracles, he fits the theme. I also could see him as the one that could predict where Chaos forces will spawn for Oxyotl to tacle them.

Besides, I don't see CA just giving him a Palanquin mount with the Troglodon around. But as FLC LH or LL in game 3, I'm not sure he'd be able to have a Troglodon mount.

It's hard to tell the workload needed for him and Chakax.

They can save him for a final LM upate in WH3. LH would be Chakax, as Tetto'eko definetly isn't a hero type character.
    I can't tell for the Hero/Lord distinction. But him missing a Troglodon mount (as what is likely to happen should he come in WH3) would be a strange move.
    Ingr8 said:

You are proposing a 2nd LH for the Lizardmen!? Please, no. They are already broken; having two in the same army alongside a LL would just be ridiculous.
    I guess you hate Wulfhart and his 4 LH crew.
    Not sure if that is broken, Tetto'eko isn't Kroak after all. At least in solo, that I exclusively play, it wouldn't make a difference : the AI won't complain if I use two LH. And when facing AI Lizardmen, Kroak sticks with Gor-Rok, while Tetto'eko would be exclusive to Oxyotl. Unless they confederate and happen to get them in the same army, this situation won't be a problem.

MP wise I can't tell. But still I would not expect Tetto'eko to be that formidable. Just a bit of loreful flavor.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,707
    My prediction:

Lizardmen

LL: Oxyotl
    Generic Hero: Chameleon Skink Chief

Units:
    Troglodon (with skink oracle, as it was in the armybook)
    Coatl (with bound spells)
    Chameleon Stalkers

Beastmen

LL: Taurox
    Generic Lord: Doombull
    Generic Hero: Wargor

Units
    Ghorgon
    Jabberslythe
    Tuskgor Chariots

FLC:

LL: Ghorros Warhoof
    Generic Lord: Great Bray-Shaman
    Generic Hero: Centigor Gorehoof

Units
    Possible centigor variants
  • Xenos7777Xenos7777 Registered Users Posts: 7,761
    unless they botch the models, that would be the best Lord Pack ever.
  • swampselkieswampselkie Registered Users Posts: 89
    edited June 2021

RoR's

I'm curious - why RoR Cold One Riders? I mean, the lizards already have the Pop-Hopak Cohort (RoR Cold One Spears) - I'd have thought that something like a solar engine RoR would be more likely, given that there's currently no RoR bastilodon-type unit.
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 19,570
    I really hope the video shows Oxyotl as a bad ass ninja Daemon slayer, he spent most of the teaser trailer looking mildly confused..

RoR's

I'm curious - why RoR Cold One Riders? I mean, the lizards already have the Pop-Hopak Cohort (RoR Cold One Spears) - I'd have thought that something like a solar engine RoR would be more likely, given that there's currently no RoR bastilodon-type unit.
    I think they'll take the opportunity to add some Skink cold one riders in as an RoR unit.
  • eomateomat Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,590
    Ghorros Warhoof better be the FLC LL.
    eomat said:

Ghorros Warhoof better be the FLC LL.

the FLC LL may not even be a BM. Consider that WE, TK, and Coast all have 4 LL's and after this DLC so will BM.
  • SaurianDruidSaurianDruid Registered Users Posts: 1,707

the FLC LL may not even be a BM. Consider that WE, TK, and Coast all have 4 LL's and after this DLC so will BM.

And the Lizardmen will have one more lord than any Game 2 race. And Vampire Counts have more lords than other Game 1 races.

Lord distribution isn't even between the factions. Beastmen have more characters do add. There's no good reason to limit them just because there's nobody else that can be added to Vampire Coast.