Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Comparing **** sizes, uh I mean WH2 total hours played

Comments

• HeinzuHeinzu Registered Users Posts: 938
  • PedePede Registered Users Posts: 1,286
    This thread is magnificent and sad at the same time..

• AdmTDAdmTD Registered Users Posts: 55
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 512
    I have started to consider the possibility that I might have a gaming problem as my parents have always warned, even then I'm around 570 hours in game 2 and about half in game 1. I've actually become somewhat bored of the game some time ago. I have no idea how you guys can manage 2k hours without going insane or completely neglecting your real life. Don't you guys have jobs and families?
  • epic_1597952609284Ly7qlkepic_1597952609284Ly7qlk Registered Users Posts: 99
  • TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 792
    edited June 28
    Rubz2293 said:

I have started to consider the possibility that I might have a gaming problem as my parents have always warned, even then I'm around 570 hours in game 2 and about half in game 1. I've actually become somewhat bored of the game some time ago. I have no idea how you guys can manage 2k hours without going insane or completely neglecting your real life. Don't you guys have jobs and families?

I mean that is a typical stereo type but for me I game to relax the way some people watch movies. I still have time to work a demanding full time job, have side hobbies, read books, spend time with friends and family, exercise every day, take care of any housework and work on a masters degree. For me I don't play many other games so having a decent amount of hours in total war games is normal. I have 777.9 in WH2 but combined with Three kingdoms 1250 I reach the 2000 mark as well, so I can see how some people reach that number if they mainly play this game. Also this game has been released for nearly four years.
  • TheBlaze_64TheBlaze_64 Registered Users Posts: 302

At least i'm not the highest number here...
  • TheBlaze_64TheBlaze_64 Registered Users Posts: 302
    Also, this is Legend's review of the game, I think he wins.

• RikRiorikRikRiorik Registered Users Posts: 11,042
    edited June 28
    Rubz2293 said:

I have more days off of work than I work. I have roughly 200 days or so off a year. Six weeks paid vacation and only working half the days of the month. Then the odd day off work on top of that owing to working holidays and whatnae. Gives you a lot of free time. Also don't really play any other games than TWW. I have a kid coming early 2022 though so I foresee drastic decreases of time played in TWW3.
    Lord of the Undermountain and your friendly neighbourhood giant (Dwarf)
  • XyphaXypha Brussels (Belgium)Registered Users Posts: 321
    Rubz2293 said:

I do have a demanding fulltime job. Besides that I am married for 9 years with 2 kids and a third on the way.
    Just like others have mentioned ,I do not really play other games. When I do play something else then i leave WH a bit on the side.
    I never really keep track of the hours I play. When everything in real life runs smoothly then why not I guess. My partner would be the first to say something about my gaming if it would interfere with real life as she does not like gaming one bit. I also never game when my kids are around.
  • FritzFritz Registered Users Posts: 81

I thought I was a lot lower than most. Looks like I’m average size. Lol
  • YannirYannir Registered Users Posts: 1,683
    I'll pull it out once I get home.

Hours? Yes, that too.
    Ugh, I have spoken.
  • VildvargVildvarg Registered Users Posts: 1,538
    I've got a bit over 2000 hours, most time I've ever put in a game aside from maybe the original baldurs gate games. I did so many playthroughs of that series I know the games like the back of my hand.
  • IceDIceD Member Registered Users Posts: 537

Fear me, mortals, for I am the Anointed, the Favoured Son of Chaos, the Scourge of the World. The armies of the gods rally behind me, and it is by my will and by my sword that your weakling nations shall fall. - Archaon, Lord of the End Times.

TEAM - CHAOS
  • PatriksevePatrikseve Member Registered Users Posts: 2,084

Rubz2293 said:

I mean that is a typical stereo type but for me I game to relax the way some people watch movies. I still have time to work a demanding full time job, have side hobbies, read books, spend time with friends and family, exercise every day, take care of any housework and work on a masters degree. For me I don't play many other games so having a decent amount of hours in total war games is normal. I have 777.9 in WH2 but combined with Three kingdoms 1250 I reach the 2000 mark as well, so I can see how some people reach that number if they mainly play this game. Also this game has been released for nearly four years.
    Its not a competition. You spend the time you have, want and can in the games you love. I myself like that there are so many dedicated TW players. I try to play a multitude of games so I cant spend as much time in any single franchise as some people here but thats a choiche I make. I also review games so that takes some hours off from my gaming certain games. But Total War, Worms, Xcom and Heroes of Might and Magic are guilty pleasure franchises that I loved since I was very young and still do and come back to.
  • Man2008kindMan2008kind Bucharest, RomaniaRegistered Users Posts: 1,854

There's this guy I saw on Steam while browsing the reviews..........I think he takes the crown.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,113

There's this guy I saw on Steam while browsing the reviews..........I think he takes the crown.

Someone calculate how many hours went by since release of the game xD

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,906
    edited June 28
    Reeks said:

Rough calculation at around 32,500ish. A bit more than that but it’s close enough.
    ò_ó
    Warlocke said:

Reeks said:

Rough calculation at around 32,500ish. A bit more than that but it’s close enough.
    Shiiiiiieeeeeeeet

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • Hellspawn2Hellspawn2 Registered Users Posts: 183
    I have a wife, 2 kids, and a full time + job. But I have still found time to put in over 5000 hours into WH2. I just don't play much other games.
    Reeks said:

Warlocke said:

Reeks said:

Shiiiiiieeeeeeeet
    Yeah. This person has either played the game almost every waking hour since launch or they just really like to run the launcher in the background all day. 😂
    ò_ó
  • jediwomblejediwomble Registered Users Posts: 5
    Look upon my works ye mighty and despair!

Go outside!
    ò_ó
  • jediwomblejediwomble Registered Users Posts: 5
    Warlocke said:

Go outside!
    Surely this 'Outside' place is a myth?
  • Rubz2293Rubz2293 Registered Users Posts: 512
    edited June 28
    RikRiorik said:

Rubz2293 said:

I have more days off of work than I work. I have roughly 200 days or so off a year. Six weeks paid vacation and only working half the days of the month. Then the odd day off work on top of that owing to working holidays and whatnae. Gives you a lot of free time. Also don't really play any other games than TWW. I have a kid coming early 2022 though so I foresee drastic decreases of time played in TWW3.
    How do you have so many days off work?
    Post edited by Rubz2293 on
  • endurendur Registered Users Posts: 4,076
    3991.7 hours and 152/152.

I'm calling BS on the 10,828 hours. That's the number of hours since release. You may have had steam logged on that long, but people need to sleep and eat even if you don't have to go to work.

endur said:

3991.7 hours and 152/152.

I'm calling BS on the 10,828 hours. That's the number of hours since release. You may have had steam logged on that long, but people need to sleep and eat even if you don't have to go to work.

I refer you to Warlocke for math help and i strongly urge you to stop acting the jelly.....Fish

Ps: I have like close to 8k hours and i have had months upon months of time away from the game.

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life

Ok so the total hours since noon 9/28/2017 (Day WH2 released) are 32,861 (rounded down). That is 1369 days. If we assume that someone has to sleep seven hours a day then the maximum amount of time that someone could have played WH2 is:

32,861 - (1369 *7) = 23,278 maximum WH2 hours if you get your sleep. Although realisitcally someone should eat and shower etc so six hours of sleep and one hour of personal care.

edited June 28
    Reeks said:

Using my above analysis of a maximum of 23,278 hours of WH2 if you sleep/ eat and take care of yourself 7 hours a day then the above person only spent only 3,427.6 of their remaining hours not playing WH2 during the past 3 years and 9 months. Pretty unbelievable other than having the game running on the main menu all the time or them being a youtuber or something.
  • JhengisKhanJhengisKhan Registered Users Posts: 266
    edited June 28

It's basically always running.