Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reinforcements assumption which makes the most sense

makar55makar55 Registered Users Posts: 2,955
For the FLC/reinforcements mystery.

Someone has already said this in a way but i have some distinct details that makes sense to why it could be so, above simple wanting it to be true.

So it could be that the FLC lord is Toddy, and the reinforcements are Middenland/Ulrican units. The reason i think this is a good possibility is as follows:

Firstly, with the upcoming Beastmen rework, we need a lord that ties in game 1 and 2 as well as ME like Drycha.

Toddy was actually released as a MP only lord if you completed the mini campaign in game 1. So technically he is already sold.

So they can't really sell him again in a future lord pack. I also can't really see how they could include him in game 3 campaign either as he is linked to Middenland and Beastmen specifically. His backstory is tied to Khazrak. They could even work in some small campaign mechanics between him and Khazrak to beef up the rework.

Therefore, i feel like if they don't add him now, they won't really have a better opportunity. It would also increase the demand for both the Beastman DLC's. He isn't really tied to Chaos specifically, other than Middenheim resisting Chaos invasions in tge past. So game 3 wouldn't make sense.

The reinforcements part and new unit could be tied to providing him with some unique units, again like Drycha's Forest animals etc.

Variations of existing Empire units (eg Bulls of Ostland reskinned into Knights of the White Wolf) as well as a new unit to spice it up to bring it up to Drycha levels of coolness that everyone expects. After all, that is pretty much what they did with Drycha.

I obviously could just be chatting absolute **** but it all just seems logical to me. Let me know any flaws in my thinking!

https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/oa3m96/ok_so_i_have_a_theory_too/

Comments

• 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,241
    I can't see them adding what would be a very thematic lord pack for the Empire for free.

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• TeNoSkillTeNoSkill Registered Users Posts: 4,697
    I sure hope so.

• ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 8,136
    Naa

It's DoW

#FreeDogbert

GuO STOMP!
    Nurgle Is Love
    Nurgle Is Life
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,839
    I disagree that it makes 'most sense'.

I'd love you to be right, but the 'most sense' option has to be more RoR, surely? There's precedence there.

I'd also ask, why would they say 'new unit' and then 'new reinforcements' separately? If they were adding Ulrican units they are going to hype it up a LOT more than that IMO.

We'll find out soon.

• AxiosXiphosAxiosXiphos Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,265
    i think it's possible - or at least Toddy coming is. But I don't think it is the most likely outcome.
  • MiniaArMiniaAr Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Well this is the only thing that makes sense to me:

LegendofTotalWar said "it's massive", "get hyped", etc... and he NEVER says stuff like that. There is always some (constructive usually) criticism coming from him. The best we god was that the Greenskins update was "good".

So I'm thinking: Reinforcements in game 1 were RoRs for all DLC factions that didn't have any.

What is more massive than a multi-faction RoR pack? The only answer I can think of is a FLC Lords Pack with FLC lords added to non-core game 2 factions. This would meet both the "massive" criteria in my opinion, as well as the "Reinforcements".

What do you think about a FLC Lords Pack?
  • dodge33cymrudodge33cymru Registered Users Posts: 2,839
    edited June 29
    MiniaAr said:

LegendofTotalWar said "it's massive", "get hyped", etc... and he NEVER says stuff like that. There is always some (constructive usually) criticism coming from him. The best we god was that the Greenskins update was "good".

Where'd he say that, just out of interest?
    Post edited by dodge33cymru on
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,498
    edited June 29
    Reinforcement and flc legendary lord are separate, which means you can own one without another one,

How will this work, if there are Toddy and Ulfric units, they are not separate
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,873
    55JoNNo said:

I can't see them adding what would be a very thematic lord pack for the Empire for free.

Empire never got a FLC lord, so in that way it makes sense.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
    Blaced said:

Reinforcement and flc legendary lord are separate, which means you can own one without another one,

I guess if it was like Toddy and the Ulric units as an FLC - and only he can get the Ulric units. That might make sense as 'reinforcements' otherwise what do you call it? But that seems like easy lord pack potential.
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 900
    Cody Bonds said he didn't expect what it is.
    Nathan said he wouldn't want to spoil the surprise and its worth it.

Not word to word but that's the gist.
    It has to be more than just RoR unless they is like 100 RoR or something.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • BiesBies Junior Member SwedenRegistered Users Posts: 4,469
    Reeks said:

Naa

It's DoW

#FreeDogbert

"I shivered at the sight of her - her beauty far beyond that of mortal man. But her soul glowed with an inner darkness that chilled my very core."

• Farinay99Farinay99 Registered Users Posts: 42
    edited June 29
    Bies said:

Reeks said:

Naa

It's DoW

#FreeDogbert

Probably a dumb question but who is he??
    Edit:nvm got it 😅
  • TimpeyoTimpeyo Registered Users Posts: 1,915
    To be honest with you i think it's to fit in with game three survival battle bringing a new unit or two for each in game race to be used later as reinforcements as well come game three. I know that's alot but it's why it's said to be something big

• ChristianT82ChristianT82 Registered Users Posts: 142
    What you say is true and make sense. But was Drycha and the rest of the stuff Total war Access? From what I can see in the trailer you download the LL on Steam and the other stuff at Total war Access.

Blaced said:

I guess if it was like Toddy and the Ulric units as an FLC - and only he can get the Ulric units. That might make sense as 'reinforcements' otherwise what do you call it? But that seems like easy lord pack potential.
    Yeah, that's possible

but OP seems believe that the flc legendary lord come with Beastmen dlc will be Toddy, and Ulric units as reinforcement claim in total war access

More likely to be a beastmen flc legendary lord, while Toddy and Ulric units both get from total war access,

(Because I doubt Toddy and Ulric units will be in two flc)
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,183
    The more I think of it, the more Toddy and maybe the Red Duke too seem possible.

Like, CA couldn't say "new LLs" since they already exist. But making them playable would reinforce their races.

It's certainly in the realm of credible !
  • Pr4vdaPr4vda Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 1,918
    Do not get too much hope. An entire "subrace" for free seems too much imo.

But I hope to be wrong. I would love to play With Toddy and the Midddenlanders.
    Team Dawis

Dawis shall purge all their fallen Karaks, with the blood of the Greeskins and the skavens !
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,873
    edited June 29
    Maelas said:

The more I think of it, the more Toddy and maybe the Red Duke too seem possible.

Like, CA couldn't say "new LLs" since they already exist. But making them playable would reinforce their races.

it would fit as "the biggest content drop" getting 2 new playable sub-factions for 2 races as FLC and explain Soteks hype as well.

MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 976

Maelas said:

it would fit as "the biggest content drop" getting 2 new playable sub-factions for 2 races as FLC and explain Soteks hype as well.

How would that be bigger than Bretonnia?
    aMint1 said:

Maelas said:

I think Sotek might have mispoke there - nothing short of another race can be bigger then the Brettonia FLC.

aMint1 said:

Maelas said:

I think Sotek might have mispoke there - nothing short of another race can be bigger then the Brettonia FLC.
    Did Sotek exaggerated things before?
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,271
    Nothing that promotes the use of content already present in the game like a new FLC will have my approval.
    Blaced said:

aMint1 said:

Maelas said:

Ehhh... how mean how much can you exaggerate while being vague? He certainly got very excited for the a number of reworks and DLC's down the years - especially anything lizard related.
  • aMint1aMint1 Registered Users Posts: 976

aMint1 said:

Maelas said:

Okay but still, is getting RedDuke/Todd more content than any other update when we get an flc and a faction rework? Doesn't seem like it.
    edited June 29

I have hopes, and now you will too !
    Blaced said:

aMint1 said:

Maelas said:

He called the Forge of Daith good when it was revealed, so make of that what you will !
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,209
    Hopefully, it will be missing units. Black orcs with shield and choppa, WEs arrow variants, ironbreakers with irondrake pistols, that kinda thing.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,846
    edited June 29
    Logic would say:

Do not get your hopes up and you will not be disappointed. Assume its some RoRs and nothing more.
    If it is more, you're pleasantly surprised, if it isn't then you can be happy you didn't overhype yourself over nothing more than that. win-win