Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Reinforcements assumption which makes the most sense

2»

Comments

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    MrDragon said:

Logic would say:

Do not get your hopes up and you will not be disappointed. Assume its some RoRs and nothing more.
    If it is more, you're pleasantly surprised, if it isn't then you can be happy you didn't overhype yourself over nothing more than that. win-win

There is a norwegian expression which translates to "do not take the grief in advance" and I think there is something to that too.
  • AxiosXiphos#9040AxiosXiphos#9040 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 9,717
    MrDragon said:

Logic would say:

Do not get your hopes up and you will not be disappointed. Assume its some RoRs and nothing more.
    If it is more, you're pleasantly surprised, if it isn't then you can be happy you didn't overhype yourself over nothing more than that. win-win

To be fair I'd blame the streamers this time. The forum was pretty much settled on it being RoR - ad happy to hear it. It's just all these streamer comments which have thrown things into the air.
  • zinsncabs#3032zinsncabs#3032 Registered Users Posts: 963
    @makar55 Its my working theory as well. Not originally mind you. I thought we were talking more RoR, but then I saw Legend’s video and his comments about it being “massive” etc. While I’m not sure I’d characterize the addition of a fleshed out Toddy with Ulrican units as “massive,” I do find it more compelling than just RoR. If they move Khazrak and then create some kind of mechanics between him and Toddy then all the better.

So I’m hoping it’s Toddy with the full faction treatment - mechanics, units etc., but I’m expecting it to be RoR (and if it is, hopefully they’ll add a couple of Dwarf RoR).
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • MiniaAr#5798MiniaAr#5798 Registered Users Posts: 1,788
    edited June 2021
    Ok for those interested, Legend clarified his statements in his yesterday stream:
    I don't know how to make short videos of youtube clips but it's at the 11:54 in the video:

Some extracts:
    "I had time to evaluate my reaction and I feel like I'm in the ok to let you know not what it is but that I was not trolling"

"I was not giving any cryptic message and I was not trying to mislead you at all"

"I personnaly think, without giving any hints to what it it because you'll find out soon, that you SHOULD be excited for it, and that it is going to be GOOD." (the emphasis are his, see in the video)

"I'm not going to use words like massive or big and people are going to try to read into that"

"It is good and you should be excited for it because it is good"

So not trolling and doubling down on the fact that we should get excited. Still hyped
  • obippoobippo Member Registered Users Posts: 2,686
    MiniaAr said:

Ok for those interested, Legend clarified his statements in his yesterday stream:
    I don't know how to make short videos of youtube clips but it's at the 11:54 in the video:

Some extracts:
    "I had time to evaluate my reaction and I feel like I'm in the ok to let you know not what it is but that I was not trolling"

"I was not giving any cryptic message and I was not trying to mislead you at all"

"I personnaly think, without giving any hints to what it it because you'll find out soon, that you SHOULD be excited for it, and that it is going to be GOOD." (the emphasis are his, see in the video)

"I'm not going to use words like massive or big and people are going to try to read into that"

So not trolling and doubling down on the fact that we should get excited. Still hyped

Always be aware when a Content Refusing Troll Brigade (CRTB) representative is near. Contact your local Witch Hunter for further info.

• Bayes#3307Bayes#3307 Senior Member NorwayRegistered Users Posts: 5,021
    MiniaAr said:

Some extracts:

The hype is out of control.
  • Lunaticprince#9972Lunaticprince#9972 Registered Users Posts: 6,913
    MiniaAr said:

Some extracts:

I just would lose my mind ive dogs of war are a flc race, that.

edited June 2021
    I don't understand any of this... none of this makes any sense...

If CA has a new race to show - why not say FLC race? They would know how exciting that would be.

If CA had a new Legendary Lord or Unit then they would say new legendary lord or unit - like they did in the reveal.

It can't be core gameplay mechanics because it's bound to an FLC (an access one at that)...

So I just don't get how it can be anything other then RoR (or something similar) - in which case why is everyone so excitied?

Honestly Legendary heroes or perhaps a Toddy upgrade seem likely now... as I just don't get it.

This is possibly the single most unknown speculative FLC/DLC item we have ever had... I just can't offer any real suggestions...
  • ThomashuThomashu Registered Users Posts: 475
    Hoping for a mercenary recruitment system with units from the Dogs of War.

But I'm not trying to get overhyped either, let's just wait and see.
  • Commissar_G#7535Commissar_G#7535 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,866

If CA has a new race to show - why not say FLC race? They would know how exciting that would be.

If CA had a new Legendary Lord or Unit then they would say new legendary lord or unit - like they did in the reveal.

It can't be core gameplay mechanics because it's bound to an FLC (an access one at that)...

So I just don't get how it can be anything other then RoR (or something similar) - in which case why is everyone so excitied?

Honestly Legendary heroes or perhaps a Toddy upgrade seem likely now... as I just don't get it.

This is possibly the single most unknown speculative FLC/DLC item we have ever had... I just can't offer any real suggestions...

Even the old friend was singular, so we knew it must certainly be a character of some sort.
    MarcusLivius: You are indeed a lord of entitlement.
    Thomashu said:

Hoping for a mercenary recruitment system with units from the Dogs of War.

But I'm not trying to get overhyped either, let's just wait and see.

Something exciting and possibly RoR related is the best idea I can offer - so this doesn't seem impossible...

Crazy times on the forum... Warhammer Total War has certainly been a journey - as much as I love the game I think i've got much more entertainment out of talking and speculating about it :D
  • ASyrian#2378ASyrian#2378 Registered Users Posts: 1,358

MiniaAr said:

Some extracts:

Could you all please for gods sake stop meanteaning DoW just for 5 minutes
    ASyrian said:

MiniaAr said:

Some extracts:

Just to counter the dogs of war dudes...maybe its Chorfs just like bretonnia made a huge piece of the map playable they unveil the darklands...thats why legend cant use the word "big"
    Jk
  • TancredIIQuenelles#3970TancredIIQuenelles#3970 Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    edited June 2021
    Truthsayer, Fenbeast and Dark Emissary are for all

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

Toddy do fit the bill. CA couldn't announce it as a "new LL" since he's technically already there !

ASyrian said:

MiniaAr said:

Some extracts:

Didnt rly thought so what else to expect from a dog...of war
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,765
    The hype is overtaking me...and I can’t make it stop.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Bonutz#3949Bonutz#3949 Registered Users Posts: 5,765
    When I think of “massive”, I automatically think that it’s a new race.

Some RoR’s doesn’t generally qualify as a massive update in my book. Sure, they would be nice to have but Legend’s words would kinda seem like overkill at that point.

I don’t think he’s one to generally overhype people so this looks very promising.
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I’m all out of bubblegum.
  • Ice_cream#3641Ice_cream#3641 Registered Users Posts: 796
    None of that make sense to me. First, Boris makes as much sense in game 3 as in game 2, not much in the main campaigns and enough in the big campaing maps (Mortal Empires or Inmortal Empires). Second, what would be the point of spliting both contents when can work without the other?. Third, why release Boris with few cheap reskins when they can release him alongside a proper Ulric DLC with proper iconic Urilc units? And last, why content creator would call a bunch of Ulric "RORs" a worth surprise?

I mean, not saying that Boris is not coming with the new content, but no chance Ulric RORs are the reinforcements.
  • Schub#9514Schub#9514 Registered Users Posts: 1,620
    Ok to all who think it is a free race I have one question:

Why should CA give us a free race the same day/time they want us to sell a DLC? There would be a risk in loosing potential customers.
  • IamNotArobot#8850IamNotArobot#8850 Registered Users Posts: 5,758
    Schub said:

Ok to all who think it is a free race I have one question:

Why should CA give us a free race the same day/time they want us to sell a DLC? There would be a risk in loosing potential customers.

doesnt matter, lets get crzy!
    *Justice, cats and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
    *Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
    *Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
    *Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!
    *Bring back settlement conquering artworks!
    *Gnoblar Carpet for Greesus
    *Improve UI

• Gatinho_Explosivo#3499Gatinho_Explosivo#3499 Registered Users Posts: 98
    Maelas said:

The more I think of it, the more Toddy and maybe the Red Duke too seem possible.

Like, CA couldn't say "new LLs" since they already exist. But making them playable would reinforce their races.

It's certainly in the realm of credible !

You know, I always thought releasing a Dwarf and a VC LL as the final FLC, similar to how we got all those RoR FLCs at the end of game 1 life-cycle as a way to "complete" a content aspect of the game (in game 1 it was RoRs for all races, in game 2 is having all game 1 base races in the Vortex) was a fairly reasonable, and amazing, way to cap off game 2's lifecycle. And It even worked geographically too. Thorek is from Karak Azul, so a campaign centered around him going to Karak Zorn/other New World lost holds in search of ancient runic knowledge seems flavorful; similar, adding Vorag or Ushoran (the bloodline with the least DLC potential) rebuilding the Strigoi Empire in the Badlands as they get revived would be really thematic as well.

But I gotta agree. Todbringer and Red Duke would be a lot cheaper to make overall. Their models are already in the game and they could easily be ME-only. It definitely makes a lot more sense than the FLC Lord being Toddy and the reinforcements being half a dozen reskin units, specially with all the content creators reactions so far.

The one downside though is that the Dwarfs will, once again, get the short end of the stick. No full rework, no cross-game LP and now not even a LL freebie.

• steam_164507901761Md5AZp9steam_164507901761Md5AZp9 Registered Users Posts: 316
    Leaning towards it being either Dogs of War regiments w/ unique lord and units added via some method perhaps for a limited time period.

Unique Legendary Heroes or Lord options without new factions added for all the in game factions.

Or something related to Nagash

Anything less than that I can't see as all that hype
  • ladymissfit#8688ladymissfit#8688 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,480
    it's probably not much more than some RoR's but, and I've said this before, if i would call Dog's of war anything it's "reinforces"
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox