Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dammit people!

ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 6,177
edited July 7 in Rants and Raves
Jeez i feel like the world is upside down, me having to hand out words of wisdom but for gods sake people.... the amount of salt showcased on these forums since game 3 was revealed is beyond staggering

You dont like a roster: Fair enough, you are disappointed and by all means let Ca know how you had preferred the roster to look, tho keep in mind that they 100% have DLC´s planned for the game 3 races, and they 100% hold back units/characters for that specifically.

But going beyond that and claiming that "game 3 is lining up to look like **** when you don´t have a CLUE about how the mechanics are going to look and we still have to see the majority of the rosters is just folly.

Keep an open mind already and put down the darn pitchforks until you have a clear picture about what they are going to sell us.

Ps: Most importantly of all is that you HAVE to acknowledge the fact that Nurgle is the best chaos god mkay?.....

"Yum Yum"
Post edited by dge1 on
Tagged:

Comments

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,626
    Both rosters look meh so far, but we're comparing them to rosters with 2-3 LPs behind them.

As far as we know there could be huge updates to the actual game that we just haven't seen yet. I'd buy the game just for getting rid of supply lines.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!
  • KirGeoKirGeo Registered Users Posts: 708
    I expect the roster to be updated in a couple of lord packs. Remember Skaven at launch?

The best way you can show you displeasure is by not preordering and waiting to buy the game till its in a state you are happy with.

Personally I'm waiting till the Immortal Empires drop cause that is what interests me more than story campaign. If my sentiment changes from some content before that I'll buy earlier.

You have the power as customer to not be one. The game isn't an essential commodity that you have to buy no matter how dissatisfied you are with how CA handled it.
    We want all the factions Dogs of War, Araby, Ind, Kuresh, Nippon, Hobgoblin Khanate. Milk us CA.
  • OdTengriOdTengri Registered Users Posts: 6,353

Both rosters look meh so far, but we're comparing them to rosters with 2-3 LPs behind them.

My complaints don't revolve around how many or few units that are in the game.

Its a question of Direction... Like I don't like the Direction certain things have taken. With the Monogods, maybe if I knew what was planned to be coming for them I'd be less bothered but they've made statements that monogods are about Daemons that monogods as WoC+Beasmen+Daemons are not part of their plan.

With Kislev its not about how many units there are its the chosen direction with the faction... the removal of their lore and the failure to faithfully implement about half of the few units they ever had.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 6,177

As far as we know there could be huge updates to the actual game that we just haven't seen yet. I'd buy the game just for getting rid of supply lines.

Tbh i don't think the rosters look "meh" but then again i were not invested in TT.

"Yum Yum"
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 13,754
    edited July 4
    OdTengri said:

My complaints don't revolve around how many or few units that are in the game.

Its a question of Direction... Like I don't like the Direction certain things have taken. With the Monogods, maybe if I knew what was planned to be coming for them I'd be less bothered but they've made statements that monogods are about Daemons that monogods as WoC+Beasmen+Daemons are not part of their plan.

With Kislev its not about how many units there are its the chosen direction with the faction... the removal of their lore and the failure to faithfully implement about half of the few units they ever had.
    You mean a lore that 100% gonna get retconned by GW.
    I mean be realistic when GW forst showed ice guard the wrting was on the wall. Amd honestly good few number of people saw it complained but did it change Gw mind no.

If its Gw being faith ful to thier own lore just look at fantsy and how many times did they retcons
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • davedave1124davedave1124 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 15,047
    I’ll know the quality of the rosters when I sit down and play them. Until then, won’t judge (fully).
    Interested in Sea Elves? Did you just call me a simpleton?

• KelefaneKelefane Registered Users Posts: 3,153
    CA most likely already knows what the first three DLCs will be for WH3.

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 3,750
    Doomsaying TWWH3 yet is indeed quite ridiculous. It have a lot of chances to be a very solid game.

There is, though, a few blemishes, and I think it's good we're talking about them, feedback is important ! Rosters are indeed lacklusters. Not bad, not good, they're a bland form of functional. New Kislev is the same. It's not awful, it's just as flavorful as american beer. And it's not about comparing the rosters to late WH2 core races, it's about seeing some glaring holes and knowing they're gonna be filled by DLCs instead of getting new, exciting things, it's about some directions that are arguably non-optimal, or just not very hype (or plain bad, as is Ungols being retconned).

I'm not pessimistic, I think TWWH3 will be very fun and feel great to play. I'm hyped for the diplomacy and the siege reworks . I'm also not gonna pre-order it, because what I saw yet didn't woo me. Those things aren't exclusive, and a balanced outlook is better than falling to either gloom and doom or naivete ! There's a lot of hype around the game, so, understandly, the reactions tends to be a bit extreme, but there's just nothing to be wary or happy about yet.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • Jote191Jote191 Registered Users Posts: 901
    I totally agree. Some people love to overreact on here. The Khorne roster actually looks amazing and they have pretty much all their big iconic units. Kislev although feels incomplete, still has a lot of really cool stuff.

I have faith in CA and the Great Maw, which is why I don't think they would give out the Ogre Kingdoms half done. Justice for the thicc boys!! Woo!!!
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    I'll be the first to decry the nerd rage and vitriol that spews out of this community at the slightest change or addition of something someone doesn't like (which is by no means exclusive to the WH community).

However, I also feel the need to say that CA keep kneecapping themselves by keeping things so under wraps. Other similar games to this have dev diaries, proper Q and A's, content roadmaps, open dialogues with the community and fans.

Hell, Amplitude Studios (a fellow Saga strategy game dev) give behind the scenes documentary levels of info and even literally get the community to help choose how to create a new faction (some of their best factions like the Unfallen and the Cultists of the Eternal End were community colab's).

WH3 is a few months out (maybe, we don't even really know that much) and yet we still haven't seen 3/4th's of what is even in the game.

Silence and the Fury's roster only dropped 3 days ago...

And from what Cody Bonds said in a recent video, apparently CA and other devs are being told that marketing trends indicate the less people know before release, the more likely they are to pre-order...So even though CA's communication has been the absolute worst over the years (a number 1 complaint of the community), there's a good chance that what we've been seeing recently is going to be a downward trend...Their communication is going to get even worse!

There have been many times that the community has been set ablaze with fears or false info and CA remained completely silent. alot of the bs we put up with in terms of fan outrage and half of the built up anger and resentment in the community comes from the uncertainty and anxiety CA instils its community with.

Granted, full transparency would come with its own problems. Somewhat controversial characters or unit choices might never see the light of day if the puritsts are able to preemtively shout it down night and day, but some give and take is required to keep a healthy balance.
  • RutgerhuerRutgerhuer Registered Users Posts: 299
    Maelas said:

It's not awful, it's just as flavorful as american beer.

If you were familiar with the booming microbrew culture in the US you wouldn't dare say this.
    TW:WH2 needs a playable Legendary Lord for every TW:WH1 race on Vortex before it can be considered complete.
  • DavidtheDukeDavidtheDuke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,410
    Reeks said:

But going beyond that and claiming that "game 3 is lining up to look like **** when you don´t have a CLUE about how the mechanics are going to look and we still have to see the majority of the rosters is just folly.

Keep an open mind already and put down the darn pitchforks until you have a clear picture about what they are going to sell us.

I don't like Kislev's roster much at and plan to immediately help or get a mod which changes it more to look like a fan-armybook that was made years ago about them. Nothing about the roster seems unfixable or unsalvagable.

Khorne's roster isn't really that bad, the soul grinder I hope is modded to look more in line with a daemon engine than something out of Doom or something, but for the most part it's okay. I'd like for the demons and warriors to look more uniquely **** OFF like Skarbrand, but it also isn't a dealbreaker.

I doubt almost anyone who is routinely posting on here daily isn't going to buy WH3. CA's gonna have to do alot worse than that.
    5900x @ stock , 4x8gb 3600mhz 14-16-16-36
    EVGA GTX1080ti FTW3 11GB
    4TB NVMe SSD w/ Windows 10 Pro 64bit
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 1,279
    Khorne roster is not great unit wise, look wise and mechanics. Khorne is a red bus of unfun.

Kislev looks good and has lots of bears so is a winner.

The other chaos gods CAN NOT be as bad as khorne, they couldn’t be that silly as to make them all bland and meh.

Cathay has potential.
    🧝‍♀️
  • RutgerhuerRutgerhuer Registered Users Posts: 299
    edited July 4
    I'm 50/50 on Cathay getting Panda riders. Oh, and Jade spikes on their armor.
    TW:WH2 needs a playable Legendary Lord for every TW:WH1 race on Vortex before it can be considered complete.
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,132
    Reeks said:

Jeez i feel like the world is upside down, me having to hand out words of wisdom but for gods sake people.... the amount of salt showcased on these forums since game 3 was revealed is beyond staggering

You dont like a roster: Fair enough, you are disappointed and by all means let Ca know how you had preferred the roster to look, tho keep in mind that they 100% have DLC´s planned for the game 3 races, and they 100% hold back units/characters for that specifically.

Ps: Most importantly of all is that you HAVE to acknowledge the fact that Nurgle is the best chaos god mkay?.....

Fair. But...

My personal issue is that I have 0 interest in the core factions as they stand right now, and don't give a Skaven's rear end for the minicampaign unless/until it includes a faction I actually want to play (and it'd likely have to happen before ME2 launches to get me to really care even then where the minicampaign is concerned).

So I'm basically just sitting here waiting for Mortal Empires 2, Chaos Dwarfs, or a wished for but unlikely Hobgoblin Khaganate.

Until one of those things happens, I'm basically unincentivized to acquire the game, which makes me sad.

Hopefully ME2 will come swiftly.
  • Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 1,279
    edited July 4

I want panda Kung fu warrior monks.

Edit:all over jade glow.....
    🧝‍♀️
  • damon40000damon40000 Registered Users Posts: 816
    its k, grandfather will embrace them all anyway
    BsFG dwarf
  • Farinay99Farinay99 Registered Users Posts: 39
    Not a complaint but according to khorne roster blog post ,nurgle is probably the last (paired with cathay),ahhhhhhh can't wait another 4 months to see my nurgle boys 🥲
  • mecanojavi99mecanojavi99 EspañaRegistered Users Posts: 3,743
    You are telling me that people is making assumptions without having all the information and doom calling before the game is even out?

• Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 27,626

I would throw up.
    Hyped for TWW3.

CA! Cathay has the most potential of any race in TWW by far. More A+ material to design a race from than any other. You can make Cathay the best race in TWW history. I bolieve in you!

I would throw up.
    Terracotta Warmaster Generals riding Giant Pandas in jade barding. Spiked, of course.
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 6,208
    The fact that the first glimpses of WH3 have been consistently disappointing is definitely a cause for “salt.” I didn’t feel this way for either of the other games, I hung on every release and article and my hype grew in leaps and bounds. For both games, and 90% of the dlc.

I haven’t felt any of that excitement for game3. Kislev looks bland to me. Khorne is 50/50 cool (skullcrushers, heralds, exalted bloodthirsters) and trash (skull cannons, soul grinders and the stupid friggin motorcycle)

A lot of people act like those of us who are let down are rooting against the game; nothing is further from the truth. When I complain I’m really asking in disbelief, CA what happened? What the hell are you guys doing? I thought almost everything looked cool in the previous 2 titles; now very little does.
  • Commissar_GCommissar_G Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,767
    I'll be very surprised if the monkey king doesn't come with zhaolin warriors monkeys as a unit.
    81jt2dj75iky.png

• TheTrueLordAndyTheTrueLordAndy Registered Users Posts: 585
    Reeks said:

Agree!

Reeks said:

Disagree!

Reeks said:

Agree!

Reeks said:

Disagree!
    I thought you were good people......

"Yum Yum"
    Lysol > Nurgle.
    Itharus said:

Lysol > Nurgle.

Infidel!

"Yum Yum"
  • Hourgath_the_HutridHourgath_the_Hutrid Registered Users Posts: 264
    Itharus said: