Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dammit people!

Comments

• MadDoktaMadDokta Registered Users Posts: 274
    Tzeentch approves of your plea (but not of the last line. Smelly fatties are not base. Feathered bird dudes with plans within plans within crystal mazes within plans within a burger within plans are the true chads).
  • BrizthomBrizthom Registered Users Posts: 718
    Khorne has always been the most mayo chaos god. Not sure what people were expecting. Kislev looks fun though.
  • Rob18446Rob18446 Registered Users Posts: 1,964

The fact that the first glimpses of WH3 have been consistently disappointing is definitely a cause for “salt.” I didn’t feel this way for either of the other games, I hung on every release and article and my hype grew in leaps and bounds. For both games, and 90% of the dlc.

I haven’t felt any of that excitement for game3. Kislev looks bland to me. Khorne is 50/50 cool (skullcrushers, heralds, exalted bloodthirsters) and trash (skull cannons, soul grinders and the stupid friggin motorcycle)

A lot of people act like those of us who are let down are rooting against the game; nothing is further from the truth. When I complain I’m really asking in disbelief, CA what happened? What the hell are you guys doing? I thought almost everything looked cool in the previous 2 titles; now very little does.

I mean what exactly were you expecting? If you think Kislev is bland as they are now, I don't really see how cutting them down to their old roster would make them any more interesting. And for Khorne that's how they've been for the past like 5 years, everything you've listed as trash is official GW stuff, you can't really expect CA to have not put them in.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    I don't approve of your thead rampage @Reeks but the topic at hand is kinda true.

This is a place for venting. These games aren't perfect, the campaign side could be quite different. But I recognise this is the product offered, and there is seldom a perfect rendition. Some indie guys can make the perfect deep game of your dreams but it can be unwieldy and not pretty. Some large franchise game will be even more impressive visually but don't latch a lot on details and expect you to trudge through time wasting content to get your money, etc.

But here's it often goes further, when people judge the game against the dreamlike version they have in mind. Take the reactions about Kislev/khorne. Khorne because some wanted all the ET/aos stuff, others because they wanted them never split to begin with, others because they wanted more marked units and basically 80% of the WoC roster included, but redder. Kislev because some lore and a few minis from dozen of years ago hinted at an historical auxiliary army, and the new version is not this.
    If the game was all about units/visuals I would agree that Kislev is limited (Khorne is fine by me) but it's supposed to come with an host of other things. I don't know what's the budget compared to the first game, but we have not jumped from the witcher 1 to the witcher 3 here.

If you don't feel you'll be able to have fun with what's proposed, well I'm not sure more units would be really the answer, but rather if it's the base formula itself that's not arousing anymore. Which is perfectly fine to feel and was my perception of TWW2 for a long time.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 7,017
    Thread rampage @uriak ?

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

Supreme Matriarch Of Nan-Gau...

Master Of The Storm Winds...

Daughter Of The Dragon Emperor!
  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,410
    edited July 5
    uriak said:

Some indie guys can make the perfect deep game of your dreams but it can be unwieldy and not pretty.

I see you have played Dominions 5, lol.
  • DraxynnicDraxynnic Registered Users Posts: 10,964
    edited July 5
    From my perspective:

It's a cumulative effect of multiple disappointments for a while now, but concentrated somewhat in the last six months. Possibly more importantly, some of these disappointments give us a glimpse of CA's unspoken policies. Favouritism has been increasingly obvious in the treatment of races, which is great if your favourite race(s) match well with CA's, and massive feelsbadmans if they don't. The Khorne and Kislev rosters viewed in isolation are functional but somewhat uninspiring, but in the wider context, they show clear signs of having space reserved for future DLC... which is problematic when nearly every established race is looking for at least one more DLC and it'd be hard enough to get through all of that even without having two or three early slots reserved for Game 3 versus Game 3 content. There are races there that I'm interested in, but how many years will it be before they're actually complete?

No update for Lizardmen mechanics, though, is the final straw. It's telling me that CA are so out of touch with what people think of Lizardmen mechanics that they think that it's a good time to showcase the Lizardmen without updating their mechanics. It's telling me that unless the Vortex campaign is ported into game 3, Nakai's Vortex campaign will never be fixed, and CA is fine with leaving a defective product as it is.

Simply put, I've lost faith that CA actually care about the quality of their product, and why should I be hyped for a product when I have doubts about the quality of its post-release support and policies? It's possible that they'll eventually fix all the things I'm disappointed about, but I'm done with sending money their way on faith that they'll fix any problems that come up if they think it's fine to leave Nakai as he is. If they do fix everything, I can only save money by waiting until the next sale after they do. If they don't... well, I'll have saved even MORE money and not further rewarded a defective product.
    OdTengri said:

Both rosters look meh so far, but we're comparing them to rosters with 2-3 LPs behind them.

My complaints don't revolve around how many or few units that are in the game.

Its a question of Direction... Like I don't like the Direction certain things have taken. With the Monogods, maybe if I knew what was planned to be coming for them I'd be less bothered but they've made statements that monogods are about Daemons that monogods as WoC+Beasmen+Daemons are not part of their plan.

With Kislev its not about how many units there are its the chosen direction with the faction... the removal of their lore and the failure to faithfully implement about half of the few units they ever had.
    To be fair, it's possible that such statements only reflect the release state, rather than a policy they're going to hold to for the DLC. For instance, they said of the High Elves that they were a race that liked the enemy to know who was killing them, and thus didn't engage in skullduggery like sneaky infantry units, but then the Shadow Warriors came in the first DLC after all. So when they say that they see the monogod races as being focused on daemons, it's possible that this is just how they're being treated on release, and future DLCs (especially DLCs focused on mortal lords) might be different.
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,813
    uriak said:

others because they wanted more marked units and basically 80% of the WoC roster included, but redder.

Is this a joke or a strawman?
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687
    Bayes said:

uriak said:

others because they wanted more marked units and basically 80% of the WoC roster included, but redder.

hyperbolic. Though to an extent he's not quite wrong. There were the hardcore monogod fans who were jealous gits and basically went "My monogod should get all his stuff. Preferably also the AoS stuff, despite CA essentially saying "No AoS stuff", because the CGI trailer daemons and some specks I made out as AOS stuff! WoC/Chaos undivided should make do with the scraps! They shouldn't get my stuff and should have no access to god specific units or daemons, even when led by the Everchosen!"
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • BayesBayes Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,813

Bayes said:

uriak said:

hyperbolic. Though to an extent he's not quite wrong. There were the hardcore monogod fans who were jealous gits and basically went "My monogod should get all his stuff. Preferably also the AoS stuff, despite CA essentially saying "No AoS stuff", because the CGI trailer daemons and some specks I made out as AOS stuff! WoC/Chaos undivided should make do with the scraps! They shouldn't get my stuff and should have no access to god specific units or daemons, even when led by the Everchosen!"
    Yeah but these are two seperate groups of people.
    If you see this lost little fellow please help him find his way home.
  • SeanJeanquoiSeanJeanquoi Registered Users Posts: 3,413
    edited July 5
    @Draxynnic

Spot on, every reaction to something negative isn't simply a reaction to that thing, its the culmination of all the prior wrongs made in past DLC, the neglect, radio silence and the fear of a finite content (worry that this is it for a particular race, this was their shot at DLC and they might not get another one).

I wouldn't say CA have abandoned caring about the quality of their races or anything, but I've definitely resigned myself to the fact that, if things are going to get better, the patches and updates are going to come piecemeal, very slowly over a vast period of time.

One thing they've 100% abandoned is any f*cks they ever gave about campaign balance and difficulty. Twisted and Twilight was the moment where I went 'right, this is intentional, they want their DLC factions to be absolutely braindead broken so they'll sell, people will feel powerful when they play them and then mistake that power for good design/a good campaign with thought out mechanics and such'.
    Draxynnic said:

From my perspective:

It's a cumulative effect of multiple disappointments for a while now, but concentrated somewhat in the last six months. Possibly more importantly, some of these disappointments give us a glimpse of CA's unspoken policies. Favouritism has been increasingly obvious in the treatment of races, which is great if your favourite race(s) match well with CA's, and massive feelsbadmans if they don't.
    I don´t see Ca having "favorite races" at all, neither in Wh1/Wh2 when people cried about Undead or later in game two then people cried about Skaven or recently when people did the same about lizardmen, i think it´s an old wife´s tale
    The Khorne and Kislev rosters viewed in isolation are functional but somewhat uninspiring, but in the wider context, they show clear signs of having space reserved for future DLC... which is problematic when nearly every established race is looking for at least one more DLC and it'd be hard enough to get through all of that even without having two or three early slots reserved for Game 3 versus Game 3 content. There are races there that I'm interested in, but how many years will it be before they're actually complete?
    I guess the rosters revealed so far can be questioned but **** on game 3 based on that alone is weird, personally i think they look pretty darn awesome but then again, i was not a part of the TT crowd and i recognize you people expect a certain line up, being mad about them omitting stuff for DLC is so 2016, people should really be wise to CA´s business strategy now, people should also expect the newly released factions/races to be in focus and willingly go to the back of the line and patiently wait for the new races to get their time in the sun, you lot have had years enjoying your toys. I really don´t get this selfish sentiment.
    No update for Lizardmen mechanics, though, is the final straw. It's telling me that CA are so out of touch with what people think of Lizardmen mechanics that they think that it's a good time to showcase the Lizardmen without updating their mechanics. It's telling me that unless the Vortex campaign is ported into game 3, Nakai's Vortex campaign will never be fixed, and CA is fine with leaving a defective product as it is.
    I agree that both issues suck and i also agree that telling Ca so is the right thing to do, i done so myself on multiple occasions, i had hoped that Lizzy boi´s would get a much needed update to the low effort geomantic web, and poor dum dum Nakai is doomed it seems

Simply put, I've lost faith that CA actually care about the quality of their product, and why should I be hyped for a product when I have doubts about the quality of its post-release support and policies? It's possible that they'll eventually fix all the things I'm disappointed about, but I'm done with sending money their way on faith that they'll fix any problems that come up if they think it's fine to leave Nakai as he is. If they do fix everything, I can only save money by waiting until the next sale after they do. If they don't... well, I'll have saved even MORE money and not further rewarded a defective product.
    I´m not demanding you be hyped, or that you let your grievances about your "favorite" races go, i´m asking that you wait passing judgement on game 3 until we got all the info, that much respect Ca deserves, i´m also asking you and everyone else witch falls into catagory witch i like to call "race fanatics" to let the new stuff get it´s time in the fronline, especially without infecting threads/announcements about new content with all your "grievances"

OdTengri said:

Both rosters look meh so far, but we're comparing them to rosters with 2-3 LPs behind them.

Its a question of Direction... Like I don't like the Direction certain things have taken. With the Monogods, maybe if I knew what was planned to be coming for them I'd be less bothered but they've made statements that monogods are about Daemons that monogods as WoC+Beasmen+Daemons are not part of their plan.

With Kislev its not about how many units there are its the chosen direction with the faction... the removal of their lore and the failure to faithfully implement about half of the few units they ever had.
    To be fair, it's possible that such statements only reflect the release state, rather than a policy they're going to hold to for the DLC. For instance, they said of the High Elves that they were a race that liked the enemy to know who was killing them, and thus didn't engage in skullduggery like sneaky infantry units, but then the Shadow Warriors came in the first DLC after all. So when they say that they see the monogod races as being focused on daemons, it's possible that this is just how they're being treated on release, and future DLCs (especially DLCs focused on mortal lords) might be different.
    Alright i´m gonna respond in bold text in your quote

Ps: there´s a time and place for complaints and bile but tbh what i´ve seen during the last months is way beyond that.

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

• LunaticprinceLunaticprince Registered Users Posts: 3,824
    Reeks said:

Draxynnic said:

From my perspective:

It's a cumulative effect of multiple disappointments for a while now, but concentrated somewhat in the last six months. Possibly more importantly, some of these disappointments give us a glimpse of CA's unspoken policies. Favouritism has been increasingly obvious in the treatment of races, which is great if your favourite race(s) match well with CA's, and massive feelsbadmans if they don't.
    I don´t see Ca having "favorite races" at all, neither in Wh1/Wh2 when people cried about Undead or later in game two then people cried about Skaven or recently when people did the same about lizardmen, i think it´s an old wife´s tale
    The Khorne and Kislev rosters viewed in isolation are functional but somewhat uninspiring, but in the wider context, they show clear signs of having space reserved for future DLC... which is problematic when nearly every established race is looking for at least one more DLC and it'd be hard enough to get through all of that even without having two or three early slots reserved for Game 3 versus Game 3 content. There are races there that I'm interested in, but how many years will it be before they're actually complete?
    I guess the rosters revealed so far can be questioned but **** on game 3 based on that alone is weird, personally i think they look pretty darn awesome but then again, i was not a part of the TT crowd and i recognize you people expect a certain line up, being mad about them omitting stuff for DLC is so 2016, people should really be wise to CA´s business strategy now, people should also expect the newly released factions/races to be in focus and willingly go to the back of the line and patiently wait for the new races to get their time in the sun, you lot have had years enjoying your toys. I really don´t get this selfish sentiment.
    I agree that both issues suck and i also agree that telling Ca so is the right thing to do, i done so myself on multiple occasions, i had hoped that Lizzy boi´s would get a much needed update to the low effort geomantic web, and poor dum dum Nakai is doomed it seems

I´m not demanding you be hyped, or that you let your grievances about your "favorite" races go, i´m asking that you wait passing judgement on game 3 until we got all the info, that much respect Ca deserves, i´m also asking you and everyone else witch falls into catagory witch i like to call "race fanatics" to let the new stuff get it´s time in the fronline, especially without infecting threads/announcements about new content with all your "grievances"

OdTengri said:

Ps: there´s a time and place for complaints and bile but tbh what i´ve seen during the last months is way beyond that.
    Honestly you right.

I mean always happy for the salt but the salt-mine goes now so deep we soon hit the earth core.

Yes i am maybe little bit unhappy what i see, but i still wait to see the rest, fact is there is enough we not know.

I not say there is no room for complaining, just literally i have the feeling, even in warhammer 2 dlc (the best we got so far in term of units) people complain, jabberslythe can`t fly, troglodon is not white, hyperbolic (is just what it is) survival battle, who people literally start to compare it to dawn of war 3 for literally no reason, Chaos shouldn't be invaded etc.

Maybe is just me personaly but that i listet is a (we not know enough about) or literally personal taste.

Yes i admit i am salty about the possibility that ogre can be a pre order and yes i did often response little emtional but at the end i just wait now and see.

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,567
    An open mind is like a fortress with its gate unbarred and unguarded.

Doom & Gloom repost:

animacja-sygn-3.gif

• TheGuardianOfMetalTheGuardianOfMetal Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,687

Doom & Gloom repost:

The "Hype" part should be "Delusions that shouldn't happen since it's a different setting."
    #RIP BORIS! KILLED BY CA AND GW WITH SHORTSIGHTED CRUELTY JUST TO SHOVE KOSTALTYN DOWN OUR THROATS!

The Empire still hasn't gotten their FLC LL. We need Marius Leitdorf of Averland!

Where is Boris Todbringer? Have you seen him? For a Middenland DLC with Boris and the Ar-Ulric!

Every wrong is recorded. Every slight against us, page after page, ETCHED IN BLOOD!

Queek could smell their hatred, ratcheted to a degree that even he could not evoke in their simple hearts. He stepped over the old orange-fur’s body, eager to see for himself what it was they saw. But he heard it first.
    'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,567

Doom & Gloom repost:

The "Hype" part should be "Delusions that shouldn't happen since it's a different setting."
    Many of AoS miniatures fit WH:FB setting.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    edited July 5

Doom & Gloom repost:

Well it's the same setting but thousands of years in the future.
    But rebuttal to my own point is that thousands of years in the future might as well be a different setting, even with the surviving existing characters as far as army composition is concerned.
    Then a counter-counter point is that some of the AoS designs, specifically for mortals from the mono-god rosters can and to some extent have existed in the WHFB times as well. (based on simple logic or lore entries, such as slaaneshi archers with psychotropic poison laced arrows.)

The only thing CA have firmly said is that the period of TWWHIII is during the early reign of Karl Franz.
    I.E. Do not expect any elements of the End Times or AoS story to show up.
    We know for a fact that characters designs and even entire units from the End Times have shown up and that is fine because it doesn't clash with their statement about the time-period of Warhammer, because those designs can exist just fine independent of any of the (worst) elements of the End Times or AoS that they are (thankfully) explicitly excluding.
  • Farinay99Farinay99 Registered Users Posts: 39

Doom & Gloom repost:

I mean sure they said no AOS but that doesn't mean they can't make new mortal units for monogods dlcs ,don't know about you(though you seem to hate monos) but im pretty sure they will become the hype part after the dlcs.
    MrDragon said:

Doom & Gloom repost:

But rebuttal to my own point is that thousands of years in the future might as well be a different setting, even with the surviving existing characters as far as army composition is concerned.
    Then a counter-counter point is that some of the AoS designs, specifically for mortals from the mono-god rosters can and to some extent have existed in the WHFB times as well. (based on simple logic or lore entries, such as slaaneshi archers with psychotropic poison laced arrows.)

The only thing CA have firmly said is that the period of TWWHIII is during the early reign of Karl Franz.
    We know for a fact that characters designs and even entire units from the End Times have shown up and that is fine because it doesn't clash with their statement about the time-period of Warhammer, because those designs can exist just fine independent of any of the (worst) elements of the End Times or AoS that they are (thankfully) explicitly excluding.
    However most of their mortal designs are clearly designed around the ideas of the Cultures of the Realms of AoS, and not with the Warhammer Chaos in mind. Especially MOST of Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

'Waaaaaaaggh! Gorfang!'
  • NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,348

MrDragon said:

Doom & Gloom repost:

However most of their mortal designs are clearly designed around the ideas of the Cultures of the Realms of AoS, and not with the Warhammer Chaos in mind. Especially MOST of Slaanesh and Tzeentch.
    Their in the aesthetics of Chaos, even some of the AoS looks were already starting to be adopted in 8th edition. GW tends to focus their look so they are recognizable across the board. 40k or Fantasy with only the trimming of techno or not maybe changing. Maybe.

This doesn't translate to units.
    Alright peeps, stay on topic

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

• MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,474
    Brizthom said:

Khorne has always been the most mayo chaos god. Not sure what people were expecting. Kislev looks fun though.

I was expecting Chosen at the very least ! A unit so obvious, so ubiquitous, I don't think I've seen even one fan list or speculation not including them.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 996

Reeks said:

Draxynnic said:

From my perspective:

OdTengri said:

Chaos shouldn't be invaded etc.

It's so strange that people are complaining about that now because invading the chaos waste has been 1 of 2 ways to end the Bretonnia campaign for years.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves

@petertel123 there´s a vast difference of razing the chaos wastes and invading the literal realms of chaos, just sayin.

"Yum Yum Ariel stew"

• NyxilisNyxilis Registered Users Posts: 5,348
    Reeks said:

@petertel123 there´s a vast difference of razing the chaos wastes and invading the literal realms of chaos, just sayin.

Yeah! It would take a totally different plot macguffin that GW wouldn't have pulled out of their butt for some 9th edition story line.
  • zinsncabszinsncabs Registered Users Posts: 931

Maelas said:

It's not awful, it's just as flavorful as american beer.

If you were familiar with the booming microbrew culture in the US you wouldn't dare say this.
    Word.
    TEARS FOR THE SALT GOD !!! MODS FOR THE BUTHURT !!!
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,527
    As not a fan of any of the base game factions for 3, CA has not convinced me to purchase it based on what they've shown and what to expect following the ones we've seen. Also pushing back updates to old factions like WoC and Lizardmen and Norsca to who knows when as they've confirmed they're going to focus on 3's base game factions at the start.
    Maybe I'll get it on a discount when it gets updated and doesn't release with a barebones roster with gaps for DLC, but I won't blindly buy it on the hopes that some time MAYBE they'll add or update a faction I'm actually interested it.
    I fully expect WH3 to have worse sales than 2 did, like it did compared to 1.
  • MrDragonMrDragon Registered Users Posts: 2,332
    Reeks said:

Yeah but the nature of TWWH vs Warhammer is that wacky things happen, such as Tretch defeating Naggarond or Gor-rok deciding invading Altdorf is a thing that should happen and dragging Kroak along for the ride.
    So while you certainly have a point, in the context of TWWH specifically, it's kind of moot because of the wacky sandboxing.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,440
    edited July 5
    Bayes said:

No strawman, Bayes : some people wanted maurauders or chosen or knights of Khorne. Some other people wanted wrathmongers and other ET stuff, some others wanted WOC creatures like Brutes. And some others just wanted to keep the DoC united These individuals may overlap or not but each of these opinions has been expressed repeatedly at some point.

My point is that there isn't a shared vision of what an army could be, Khorne is special in that it was not an army book but still made from existing material. Kislev (and Cathay certainly) are different. Complaints have been ranging from mount diversity, to bear prevalance, to the absence of other themes (Ungols, sleds, witches), to the general feel of the units, etc. Again it's what beeing offered vs what was hoped.

But it comes back to something that's repeatedly present : faction rivalry. The investment into the game is very light, compared to what the TT always has been. I would surprised if CA really took the question of favoritism seriously. Even if race/campaign packs indeed do exist, they work on a game featuring everything and being fun as whole because of it.
  • Fan3982173917524862Fan3982173917524862 Registered Users Posts: 1,527
    Draxynnic said:

It's telling me that unless the Vortex campaign is ported into game 3, Nakai's Vortex campaign will never be fixed, and CA is fine with leaving a defective product as it is.

I guess people memoryholed how CA dropped 3K with plans for updates and in it's current state. CA absolutely do not care about leaving defective products and have been since forever, there's multiple bugs in both base game and DLC in previous games like R2, Attila and S2. Hell, even Empire is a thing.
    CA has always been like this.