Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dammit people!

1235»

Comments

• petertel123petertel123 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 995

If it was for people like Marcus Livius here, we'd still have single-faction minicampaigns, all LLs concentrated in one faction with their "race" name and no faction reworks of any kind.

Be glad that people aren't as complacent as you.

I highly doubt that the keyboard warriors on this forum have any influence on CA's decisions.
    Ah, so you think they'd have come up with those changes on their own? Please show evidence for that. O right, you can't. Null hypothesis is that they listened to the feedback.

I mean, you know what the point of feedback is and that this forum has a dedicated section for just that, right?
    Why should the hypothesis be that they listened to a handful of forum users on a forum where they hardly ever post in anymore? If anything they probably got it from places like reddit, facebook or youtube that have a much larger userbase.
    Team Bretonnia
    Team Dark Elves
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 4,380

If it was for people like Marcus Livius here, we'd still have single-faction minicampaigns, all LLs concentrated in one faction with their "race" name and no faction reworks of any kind.

I highly doubt that the keyboard warriors on this forum have any influence on CA's decisions.
    "Keyboard Warriors" did a lot more for this game, or in general, than defaitists running around going "it's no use to talk, it won't change anything". Better to try and fail that just be passive and take.
    I believe in Slaanesh supremacy
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 33,458

Ah, so you think they'd have come up with those changes on their own? Please show evidence for that. O right, you can't. Null hypothesis is that they listened to the feedback.

I mean, you know what the point of feedback is and that this forum has a dedicated section for just that, right?
    Why should the hypothesis be that they listened to a handful of forum users on a forum where they hardly ever post in anymore? If anything they probably got it from places like reddit, facebook or youtube that have a much larger userbase.
    Hmm, CA does what people on this forum a clamoring for. Several times.

Easy explanation: they listen to feedback
    Petertel explanation: they just coincidentally did what people asked them to do even though they didn't know what people wanted as they purposefully ignored them and it only looked like they were following feedback

Yeah, sorry, mate, your explanation is the one that requires the moon to be made of cheese, so whatever, pal.

• MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 939
    KronusX said:

KronusX said:

At a certain point what is the purpose of your complaints?

To let CA know we're disappointed about something and to let CA know what exactly we're disappointed about.
    Sure, you can voice your displeasure when you don't like something, but when it becomes a weekly or daily ritual of the same complaints it looses any positive effect.

So you expect people to just rant one in a blue moon, and when **** hits the fan, CA will go ''Well we followed the feedback, therefore it's what the players wanted''.

The problem is that you have people hating CA no matter what they do, people liking some stuff but hating a lot of stuff they showed so far, people being pretty neutral and people that will defend CA no matter what is shown.

My guess is that they created discord because they realized that negativity was also running on reddit where usually they'd be backed by the majority and wanted to be able to censor anyone that does not agree with their views.

As they said themselves, they know better since they have a master degree in marketing, which was probably used on 3 Kingdoms as well, and look how that turned out.
    Haha, there we go. There is part of your weekly complaint ritual. The CA marketing team. You bringing them up serves little purpose to the conversation at hand, but you just had to say it. If you started a new thread complaining about marketing, you could get the same people as a week ago, and the week before that, and the week before that ready to post all their same comments once again.

Well who else is withholding information and doing a ****-poor job at hyping the game? The developers? They work on different stuff. The sound managers? They have different tasks. Who has as their job to hype us up until the game gets released? The marketing department.

You try to make it almost like an ''AHA! You just want a scapegoat and you picked the Marketing department!''.

They are the ones charged with the job to hype us up and keep this going. I worked for an actual company and IT was always our biggest issue and the blame was always put on them for the right reason (them doing stuff they were not supposed to, forcing updates causing issues and other stuff). I blamed them because they were the ones in charge that were mucking things up and I have let the management know as well (which they agreed, since it was universal).

Same here, I blame the party in charge. What am I supposed to do? Blame the entire CA because a bunch of master degrees nerds think they have it all figured out? I said it and I'll say it again, how did that degree fare for 3 Kingdoms?
    Look I'm in favor of ending/reforming the traditional English/European education system, including the use of "Masters" degrees, and believe the degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on. 3 Kingdoms was a financial success despite what you may think of CA marketing, as will be WH3. How you think complaining about CA marketing week after week makes the game better still bogles my mind.

Here's how CA will respond to the marketing feedback though. They will push back their announcement/release trailers so they have a shorter timeframe to fill before release. So, we as fans will get the same amount of information, just in a shorter timeframe.
  • MarcusLiviusMarcusLivius Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 939

You might be surprised, but to an extent I agree with you. I'm also glad that most people aren't as cynical as you come across.
  • KronusXKronusX Registered Users Posts: 1,845

KronusX said:

KronusX said:

At a certain point what is the purpose of your complaints?

To let CA know we're disappointed about something and to let CA know what exactly we're disappointed about.
    Sure, you can voice your displeasure when you don't like something, but when it becomes a weekly or daily ritual of the same complaints it looses any positive effect.

So you expect people to just rant one in a blue moon, and when **** hits the fan, CA will go ''Well we followed the feedback, therefore it's what the players wanted''.

The problem is that you have people hating CA no matter what they do, people liking some stuff but hating a lot of stuff they showed so far, people being pretty neutral and people that will defend CA no matter what is shown.

My guess is that they created discord because they realized that negativity was also running on reddit where usually they'd be backed by the majority and wanted to be able to censor anyone that does not agree with their views.

As they said themselves, they know better since they have a master degree in marketing, which was probably used on 3 Kingdoms as well, and look how that turned out.
    Haha, there we go. There is part of your weekly complaint ritual. The CA marketing team. You bringing them up serves little purpose to the conversation at hand, but you just had to say it. If you started a new thread complaining about marketing, you could get the same people as a week ago, and the week before that, and the week before that ready to post all their same comments once again.

Well who else is withholding information and doing a ****-poor job at hyping the game? The developers? They work on different stuff. The sound managers? They have different tasks. Who has as their job to hype us up until the game gets released? The marketing department.

You try to make it almost like an ''AHA! You just want a scapegoat and you picked the Marketing department!''.

They are the ones charged with the job to hype us up and keep this going. I worked for an actual company and IT was always our biggest issue and the blame was always put on them for the right reason (them doing stuff they were not supposed to, forcing updates causing issues and other stuff). I blamed them because they were the ones in charge that were mucking things up and I have let the management know as well (which they agreed, since it was universal).

Same here, I blame the party in charge. What am I supposed to do? Blame the entire CA because a bunch of master degrees nerds think they have it all figured out? I said it and I'll say it again, how did that degree fare for 3 Kingdoms?
    Look I'm in favor of ending/reforming the traditional English/European education system, including the use of "Masters" degrees, and believe the degrees aren't worth the paper they are printed on. 3 Kingdoms was a financial success despite what you may think of CA marketing, as will be WH3. How you think complaining about CA marketing week after week makes the game better still bogles my mind.

Here's how CA will respond to the marketing feedback though. They will push back their announcement/release trailers so they have a shorter timeframe to fill before release. So, we as fans will get the same amount of information, just in a shorter timeframe.
    That should have been the thing in the first place. Instead of dripping information slowly, announce the game 4-5 months later then release trailers and such. They wasted more money for black smokes more than anything else when they could have done same as WH2 and not have 12 seconds of showing the unit and 30 seconds of smoke per teaser.
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,146
    Let's all be careful that the post rebuttal content does NOT insult or denigrate the other folks posting in the thread.

"The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

• Fingolfin_the-GoldenFingolfin_the-Golden Registered Users Posts: 1,920

Hmm, CA does what people on this forum a clamoring for. Several times.

Easy explanation: they listen to feedback
    Petertel explanation: they just coincidentally did what people asked them to do even though they didn't know what people wanted as they purposefully ignored them and it only looked like they were following feedback

Yeah, sorry, mate, your explanation is the one that requires the moon to be made of cheese, so whatever, pal.

CA don’t listen to much here on the forum.
    We are the whiny brigade, so much they troll the biggest whiners about bears and timeframes.
    It’s the places people actually are that they get feedback from.
    I do love people think they influence the game and have a sense of importance, it’s good for self esteem.
    🧝‍♀️
  • ChoraChora Registered Users Posts: 392
    edited July 7
    Crossil said:

Reeks said:

Most importantly of all is that you HAVE to acknowledge the fact that Nurgle is the best chaos god mkay?.....

Good reference, I dig it. Walter white was strengthened by his sickness, the plague father works in mysterious ways
    Post edited by Chora on
    It does feel like die hard fans are resistant to letting other fans share grievances. Being a fan should not be mutually exclusive to free thought about new content.

The people howling that joe blow is not allowed to think wh3 is looking disappointing, imo, are far more ridiculous and annoying then the people voicing their concerns. They come across like hostile white knights, truly toxic IMO
  • dge1dge1 Moderator Arkansas, USARegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 22,146
    Moving to Rants (sorry OP) as the thread has descended into the inferno regions of venting, personal abuse, inappropriate/derogatory remarks and other comments to or about other members and Creative Assembly, and has little to do with anything having to do with improving WH game play.
    "The two most common things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity." - Harlan Ellison
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." - Hubert H. Humphrey
    "Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin/Mark Twain
    “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.”–George Santayana, The Life of Reason, 1905.

edited July 7
    dge1 said:

Moving to Rants (sorry OP) as the thread has descended into the inferno regions of venting, personal abuse, inappropriate/derogatory remarks and other comments to or about other members and Creative Assembly, and has little to do with anything having to do with improving WH game play.

The thread seems to still be in literally the exact same vein that the op started, just people sharing opinions from the other side of the fence as well. It feels like you’re validating their opinion with that apology; it’s ok to complain about people here, so long as it’s to say wh3/ca are beyond reproach. But if you’re speaking up to suggest it’s not doom and gloom to think a feature looks under whelming and maybe those people shouldn’t be attacked because they don’t drink the kool aid, you get brushed into the corner. Ok...

Yea, sorry op. The thread was great when it was just bashing people that disagree with wh3=Perfect. But it really went off the rails to suggest those people might have valuable opinions and should still get to be heard

To be clear, I’m not disagreeing with anything reeks said, or his right to say it. I even agree that some are heavy handed with complaining and the rosters look ok. I think they could be better, as would any fan wanting more, but they’re what I expected. I’m mainly venting against moderation being used to silence opinions simply because they’re not pro ca/wh3, where as the same type of opinions from the other perspective are protected and in fact politely encouraged.
    Post edited by Chora on
    Maelas said:

"Keyboard Warriors" did a lot more for this game, or in general, than defaitists running around going "it's no use to talk, it won't change anything". Better to try and fail that just be passive and take.
    It’s pretty clear that to some extent CA has taken notice of forum opinions and acted on them. They’ve told us as much several times if I’m not mistaken.
  • ReeksReeks Registered Users Posts: 6,954
    @dge1 thanks for the effort but i disagree with the premise that the thread have turned into bickering, i feel like it´s mostly been a civil discussion so far, and one that´s important one to have nonetheless.

@Chora yeah just keep in mind that i´m not attempting to silence criticism at all, i just wanted to get the point across that there is a time and place for everything, and that people should maybe lay off the pitchforks until we have more information.

"Yum Yum"