Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Game 3 Vampire count DLC featuring Neferata, who will she be paired against?

TheTrue_LordAndy#1434TheTrue_LordAndy#1434 Registered Users Posts: 1,004
edited July 2021 in General Discussion
While we have a good amount of time till we see something like this, I think we can be fairly confident that Vampire counts are in need of some update/ rework.

There are also tons of important and popular VC characters. Most importantly Neferata.

I think it is very likely that we will see a LP featuring her in game 3, given this who do you think she would be paired against?

In the lore there is obviously the rivalry with Khalida, but since she is already in the game perhaps Abhorash could be a LL paired against her for a VC vs Tomb kings LP.

In terms of other races I doubt that she would be paired against another faction needing a rework such as Norsca. Warriors of chaos may already have a rework by game 3's launch with Bel'akor chaos undivided. However, I don't think WOC necessarily makes the most logical opponent for her.

Additionally, going off of our WH2 experiences it seems that LP's tend to always feature a LL from the current games core factions. We know the Neferrata is very old as the first vampire and traveled very far. Perhaps she could be paired against a Cathayan LL since there is some lore about the lost Vampire bloodlines as well as lore explaining how she placed her daughters within other nations. Both of these facts can influence her mechanics for a Neferratta vs Catahyan LL dlc.

I quote: "The Vampires were freed from their control, and only W'soran remained; the others scattered to the winds after bickering over where to go and who deserved to lead them. Maatmeses and Harakhte vanished out of history, though there are rumours of Vampires in far Cathay and the Southlands who may be of their lost bloodlines. Ushoran settled in Strigos. Neferata travelled widely, influencing the nations of man from their foundings and inserting her daughters in privileged positions amongst them."(Warhammer Fantasy RPG 2nd ED -- Nights Dark Masters)

It doesn't really make much sense for her to be paired against Kislev or the chaos gods. But perhaps I am wrong. What LL do you think Neferata should be paired against as well as is most likely to be paired against in a game 3 LP featuring her?

Comments

• AHumpierRogue#5296AHumpierRogue#5296 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 5,517
    Assuming they do not make her an LL in a potential Nagash faction(please don't) or something silly like that, I think she'll probably have a Shadow and the Blade style DLC where they really don't have any direct attachment to their opponent.

Since she is, I'd remind everyone, squatting in a Dwarfen Karak having just changed the name on the sign out front a Dwarfs vs VC lord pack would probably be the next best "rivalry" for her. Since Dwarfs seem to be pretty fine right now I'd say they could probably only need minimal adjustments for game 3 while the Vampire Counts get the bulk of the campaign side of the update. Only problem is of course that'd be a DLC that doesn't involve any game 3 factions, which I can't see CA doing, at least not for several years after launch.
    Formerly known as Krunch, in case you wonder where he went.
  • OdTengri#8235OdTengri#8235 Registered Users Posts: 10,231
    No one, She'll be FLC alongside the Papa Nagash Tomb King DLC.
  • FonRestorffFonRestorff Registered Users Posts: 521
    I could see an interesting three way;
    Neferata DLC
    Dwarf DLC with focus on retaking the silver pinnacle
    Tomb Kings minirework with focus on Khalida

Would put three races into the WH3 map.
  • TheTrue_LordAndy#1434TheTrue_LordAndy#1434 Registered Users Posts: 1,004
    OdTengri said:

I doubt it, I think that she is too popular of a character to be an FLC legendary lord.
  • MODIDDLY1#9212MODIDDLY1#9212 Registered Users Posts: 1,347
    Well if CA follow the same pattern as game 2 where every dlc needs a game 3 race, I would probably guess Kislev, as Cathay was where she hid from after Lhamia fell so is in a relatively good standing with them. While they could do anything, Kislev makes the most sense as a human opponent she can try to corrupt from within.
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Well if CA follow the same pattern as game 2 where every dlc needs a game 3 race, I would probably guess Kislev, as Cathay was where she hid from after Lhamia fell so is in a relatively good standing with them. While they could do anything, Kislev makes the most sense as a human opponent she can try to corrupt from within.

True, but there is not much lore for Cathay and there could be some Cathayan factions in favor of them and others that are not. GW and CA could easily make up a LL for Cathay that is opposed to Vampires and wants to get rid of their influence.
  • HighPriest_Astragoth#4150HighPriest_Astragoth#4150 Registered Users Posts: 641
    OdTengri said:

Speaking of Nagash, and Neferata, and going on how Warhammer II had a undead factions, why not get a major rework of the Undead Factions(all of them Tomb Kings included), and make have the Nagash Faction be represented by either the Founders, or current leaders of each bloodline? For the Von Carstein we could just see Konnard take Vlad's place or something of the such, or just replace Vlad with Konnard and move Isabella to a Legendary Hero for Vlad.
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    The Dark Father calls you to slaughter,
    Blood and fire exhorts you to war!
    Hear the summons of Hashut!
    Stretch your limbs of blood-filed steel,
    The Dawi-Zharr march fourth once more!
    Answering the summons of Hashut!

-From the K'daai rituals of awakening.
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,886

Abhorash could be a LL paired against her for a VC vs Tomb kings LP

Wait, what?
    SerPus said:

Abhorash could be a LL paired against her for a VC vs Tomb kings LP

Wait, what?
    My bad meant to say Apophas because he's the main missing Tomb kings. Not Abhorash mixed up the names.
  • BlacedBlaced Registered Users Posts: 1,571
    MODIDDLY1 said:

Or chaos, Neferata vs Chaos

In Warhammer 2 lord packs aren't exactly rivals, so Neferata can fight anyone as long as CA makes it seems right
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    Tzneetch or a Cathayan cult that follows him. Imagine a power struggle in the Cathayan court.
  • Walkabout#1505Walkabout#1505 Member In a houseRegistered Users Posts: 2,999

Neferata DLC

A Neferata, Khalida and Josef Bugman would indeed be an interesting three way.
    Live your life and try to do no harm.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." Evelyn Beatrice Hall
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,823
    Crajoh said:

Neferata DLC

A Neferata, Khalida and Josef Bugman would indeed be an interesting three way.
    Oh my.
  • Tyrant#1234Tyrant#1234 Registered Users Posts: 4,126
    Nagash fanboys with hate this, but it actually makes sense for Nagash to be a Tombkings LL. That way, Tombkings can be in WH3 story campaign. If Nagash is TK with VC units he can confed Arkhan, his most obvious follower.

Neferatata could also be TK with VC units, but she could work equaliy well being VC with TK units, this would get VC into WH3 story campaign. CA can also get a VCoast LL into WH3 story campaign if they make Ankhat a VCoast LL, a VCoast with Cathay units.
    1234 I declare a thumb war! 5678 I use this hand to mass-debate!
  • SerPus#7395SerPus#7395 Registered Users Posts: 9,886
    Abmong said:

but it actually makes sense for Nagash to be a Tombkings LL

How?
    Abmong said:

Neferatata could also be TK with VC units

Ah, I see, nevermind.
  • kratostatic#8948kratostatic#8948 Registered Users Posts: 1,053
    The obvious individual opponent is Ulrika, but she could also work well against Cathay or a different Kislev LL. I think she does need to be against someone who isn't Chaos.
  • Ferestor#5771Ferestor#5771 Registered Users Posts: 1,313
    Maybe against Kislev? Isn't Kislev a strong Anti Vampire nation?
  • brago90brago90 Registered Users Posts: 1,430
    Neferata can face anyone, she is the queen of manipulation.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,378
    CA don't seem to have been too worried about pre-existing lore for pairing up LL's so far, so it's quite hard to predict.

If she comes in game 3 then I imagine she has to be paired against a game 3 race. Maybe against Cathay - something to do with the lost bloodline, infiltrating and controlling the imperial court would appeal to her.

Or, she comes as the first FLC LL , given that VC were the only ones to miss out in WH2.

ORR, they really do go ahead with some kind of Nagash led race which is significantly different to the other myriad undead races somehow *shrug*

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• LennoxPoodleLennoxPoodle Registered Users Posts: 1,684
    I mean her daemons are clearly intrigue, deceit and treachery. If we stick with the conquer your daemons it would make sense to try pairing cross game lords with the Monogods representing their vices best (Khorne for Dawi or Elves with Slaanesh for example).
    So I'd argue that a Neferata vs Changeling pack might work out rather well, each side trying to outmanipulate the other with different mechanics.
  • SeanJeanquoi#3490SeanJeanquoi#3490 Registered Users Posts: 3,416
    edited July 2021
    I know you said no Norsca because of the rework issue, but Norsca could do with quite a bit of love and might show up multiple times as FLC/DLC.

My favourite candidate for going up against Neffy has always been:

Harald (Harry) Hammerstorm.

A Norscan who used to be the poster child for WH Fantasy back in the day known for fighting against Daemons, Slaying a Daemon Prince and despising the undead. He even showed up in the End Times to have an epic dual with Vlad.

He's the perfect type of blank slate character Norsca is looking for from their characters, he'd be a great throwback and he offers one of the only real unique matchups with Norsca (most of the others are vs Empire or vs Bretonnia most of the time).

Plus, Silver Pinnacle is up in the north close to Norsca.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180
    Against Cathay, with a Prince Xian LL and an Ulrica FLC for the true vampire mash !
  • Erathil#3988Erathil#3988 Registered Users Posts: 1,490
    Until last week I was pretty confident she'd be up against Thorek Ironbrow.

Now though... all her major lore antagonists are in the game. She's close to Kislev, so maybe she could go up against Ulrika, with the theme of a vampiric shadow-war for influence and control in the north.

It seems possible, but... kind of meh? Ulrika is still the Kislev character I'm rooting for, but a lot of Kislev's lore is up in the air right now, so we could see someone entirely new, like the Patriarch.

Daemons have a lot of potential.
    -Nurgle hates the Undead because they corrupt the cycle of life and death he embodies. He could send Epidemius, Festus, Tamurkhan, or Glottkin to topple the Silver Pinnacle (the latter two being less likely).
    -Khorne doesn't like anybody, but Neferata's skull would be a good prize, and the servants of the Blood God could rise high by destroying a self-styled Blood Queen. Valkia or Skulltaker could rival her.
    -Slaanesh could see the Lahmian's decadence and indulgence as a challenge. The Silver Pinnacle was invaded by Slaaneshi armies in the End Times, and the Masque could have some good thematic points in a rivalry.

I kind of doubt she'd be matched against an old world race at this point, simply because Vampire Counts kind of need a lot of attention. Not as much as Norsca or Warriors of Chaos, but they've fallen far behind the power curve and could use some more robust troop choices and economy tools.
  • Nazjax#2857Nazjax#2857 Registered Users Posts: 2,557
    Nagash VS Neferata

Or Nagash VS Dwarf lord

Nazjax said:

Nagash VS Neferata

I believe those two get along.
  • TheWattman#7460TheWattman#7460 Junior Member Earth´s core... doing things you will never know aboutRegistered Users Posts: 1,580
    Im gonna say Kislev primarily, as it could be the Vampire Queen vs the reluctant vampire Ulrika Magdova.

Slaanesh shares a similar scheme and attraction profile, so there may be something there.

Or a Tomb Kings rework vs Ramhotep the Visionary, to bring out that ancient rivalry.
  • SeanJeanquoi#3490SeanJeanquoi#3490 Registered Users Posts: 3,416
    @OdTengri

Before the End Times randomly flipped her personal feelings and lowered her IQ by 40 points, Neferata despised Nagash as he had groomed her into accepting a cursed existence, driven her from her home and then mind-controlled her like a worthless puppet.

There are few people she hates more in the entire setting.
  • DarthEnderX-#6513DarthEnderX-#6513 Registered Users Posts: 5,278
    edited July 2021

What LL do you think Neferata should be paired against as well as is most likely to be paired against in a game 3 LP featuring her?

Nagash in the TKs.
    Abmong said:

Nagash fanboys with hate this, but it actually makes sense for Nagash to be a Tombkings LL. That way, Tombkings can be in WH3 story campaign. If Nagash is TK with VC units he can confed Arkhan, his most obvious follower.

That's all correct.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."

@OdTengri

Before the End Times randomly flipped her personal feelings and lowered her IQ by 40 points, Neferata despised Nagash as he had groomed her into accepting a cursed existence, driven her from her home and then mind-controlled her like a worthless puppet.

There are few people she hates more in the entire setting.

Oh... so just more typical GW is a terrible company that has terrible Narrative writing...

GW Peaked in 6-7th ed.