Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Coatl needs to float above infantry sized models

RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 364
When landed. Right now the animation of it navigating through a blob of infantry is unbelievably junky. It's Hierotitan all over again but 10 times worse with stiff wings animations.

Solution: make it float above infantry sized models unimpeded, or even cavalry and mosntrous infantry making big SEM's or characters essential to lock it into combat animations. Reduce combat stats accordingly so it doesn't become a freebie cycle-charge monster.

PS: I really hope this is not an animation skeleton for the Dragon-Emperor of Cathay.
Tagged:

Comments

• mightygloinmightygloin Karaz-a-KarakRegistered Users Posts: 4,987
    edited July 7
    You could say the same for Ariel. She floats above the height of dwarfs, yet somehow blocked by their body mass.

Also the thing had only 1 attack in TT. Its WS is unsurprisingly pretty generous here.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 14,751

You could say the same for Ariel. She floats above the height of dwarfs, yet somehow blocked by their body mass.

Also the thing had only 1 attack in TT. Its WS is unsurprisingly pretty generous here.

It was 3 rd edition the rules so i don't think we should look too deep in to that.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • blindjonnblindjonn Registered Users Posts: 934

When landed. Right now the animation of it navigating through a blob of infantry is unbelievably junky. It's Hierotitan all over again but 10 times worse with stiff wings animations.

Solution: make it float above infantry sized models unimpeded, or even cavalry and mosntrous infantry making big SEM's or characters essential to lock it into combat animations. Reduce combat stats accordingly so it doesn't become a freebie cycle-charge monster.

This is much easier said than done. Coding this would be a nightmare and once it's done, all those infantry models underneath the coatl will get attacks, which will result it getting demolished every time it floats over a respectable blob. Remember the bugged skaven summons at W2's launch? Where their 0 mass caused the whole unit to get simultanious attacks on their target? That would make a comeback given the coatl's massive surface area.

PS: I really hope this is not an animation skeleton for the Dragon-Emperor of Cathay.

A forlorn hope.
  • RazeAndBurnRazeAndBurn Registered Users Posts: 364
    blindjonn said:

This is much easier said than done. Coding this would be a nightmare and once it's done, all those infantry models underneath the coatl will get attacks, which will result it getting demolished every time it floats over a respectable blob. Remember the bugged skaven summons at W2's launch? Where their 0 mass caused the whole unit to get simultanious attacks on their target? That would make a comeback given the coatl's massive surface area.

A forlorn hope.
    You raise valid points! But seeing as Coatl and Serpentine Dragon are quite alike I would expect CA to do the coding groundwork. Right now it just looks bad. The attack animations are fine, but movement completely breaks immersion.