Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

[SOLVED] Very long battle load times in campaign...

BarumpuhabalenBarumpuhabalen Registered Users Posts: 2
edited July 2021 in Performance & Graphics
Hi,

after i updated to The Silence and the Fury patch yesterday, the load times before and after battle has increased dramatically.

I've timed a battle with 3 units in total, the pre loading took 1:45 minutes and the post loading took 6:20 minutes!. This is true for both Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires.

So far i tried re-installing the game, update all my drivers and change to DirectX 11, based on this post: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/227583/incredibly-long-load-times-post-battle-despite-ssd

Nothing worked so far, but i only seem to have the issue in the campaigns, Custom and Multiplayer battles load just fine in a few seconds.

Hardware:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • RAM: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-2400 C17 DC - 16GB
  • GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (water cooled)
  • MBO: ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
  • SSD: 2 x 970 EVO Plus Series 1TB M.2 i RAID 0
Hope someone can help me out, as this game is as good as unplayable for me right now.

Version 1.12.0
Build: 18858.2329086
Post edited by Barumpuhabalen on

Comments

• BarumpuhabalenBarumpuhabalen Registered Users Posts: 2
  • Tex_968Tex_968 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

after i updated to The Silence and the Fury patch yesterday, the load times before and after battle has increased dramatically.

I've timed a battle with 3 units in total, the pre loading took 1:45 minutes and the post loading took 6:20 minutes!. This is true for both Eye of the Vortex and Mortal Empires.

So far i tried re-installing the game, update all my drivers and change to DirectX 11, based on this post: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/227583/incredibly-long-load-times-post-battle-despite-ssd

Nothing worked so far, but i only seem to have the issue in the campaigns, Custom and Multiplayer battles load just fine in a few seconds.

Hardware:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • RAM: G.Skill AEGIS DDR4-2400 C17 DC - 16GB
    • GPU: GeForce RTX 2070 8GB (water cooled)
    • MBO: ROG Strix B550-I Gaming
    • SSD: 2 x 970 EVO Plus Series 1TB M.2 i RAID 0
    Hope someone can help me out, as this game is as good as unplayable for me right now.

Version 1.12.0
    Build: 18858.2329086
    Not solved for me but I had a (duh!) moment and figured mine out. I deleted 3 years worth of saved games. Over 4k of them numbering about 34gig. Problem solved. DX11 or 12 had zero effect for me but I just checked it and this absolutely fixed my loading times.
  • StepSonOfSigmarStepSonOfSigmar Registered Users Posts: 2
    Did you manually delete a file path or go delete from inside the game interface?
  • BillyRuffian#6250BillyRuffian#6250 Moderator UKRegistered Users, Moderators, Knights Posts: 40,856

Did you manually delete a file path or go delete from inside the game interface?

You can just go to your save game folder and delete as many as you want in one go. Look in the Read Before Posting thread at the top of the forum for info on how to find the folder.

"He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts - for support rather than illumination." (Andrew Lang)

|Takeda| Yokota Takatoshi

Forum Terms and Conditions: - https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/172193/forum-terms-and-conditions#latest

"We wunt be druv". iot6pc7dn8qs.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file