Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

AI Clan Eshin used "purge into anarchy " at Grimgors Faction

RefganRefgan Registered Users Posts: 1
Hello everyone,

I believe that Clan Eshin used the Shadowy Dealings Mechanic "purge into anarchy" to destroy the Greenskin faction "Grimgors Ard Boys".

As you can see in the save file, all of Grimgors Settlements revolted simultaneously, only a few turns after he declared war on the Skaven.

Since Clan Eshin should not be able to use this mechanic at all, this happend before turn 30 of my Malagor ME Campaign.

Maybe someone should look into this, hopefully this happend to no one else.

Comments

  • ItharusItharus Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 13,497
    I see them use it all the damned time... but never before turn 30... I usually see it around turn 200.

    I really wish the AI didn't use that one... it's ruined the flavor of about 7 good campaigns.
  • sCorsCor Registered Users Posts: 165
    Refgan said:



    Since Clan Eshin should not be able to use this mechanic at all, this happend before turn 30 of my Malagor ME Campaign.

    CA has stated on multiple occasions that the only restriction they set in place was for the AI not to be able to use it on the player which is still working as intended. So this is very much so not a bug.

  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 857
    sCor said:

    Refgan said:



    Since Clan Eshin should not be able to use this mechanic at all, this happend before turn 30 of my Malagor ME Campaign.

    CA has stated on multiple occasions that the only restriction they set in place was for the AI not to be able to use it on the player which is still working as intended. So this is very much so not a bug.

    Snikch must be level 30 right? No way AI could do that at turn 30. That would be challange even for Legend of TotalCheese.
  • sCorsCor Registered Users Posts: 165
    Loreguy said:


    Snikch must be level 30 right? No way AI could do that at turn 30. That would be challange even for Legend of TotalCheese.

    It's far more simplified for the AI, otherwise it would be a nightmare to script.

    The AI has a basic cooldown of 20-30 turns to perform it's first random sabotage action. It picks from an action list that is heavily weighed towards the more basic actions but it can pick any of the actions. The chance to pick "Plunge into Anarchy" is very small though, ~3%.

    Then depending on the action it picked, a new cooldown is added until the next one can be picked.

    Furthermore, certain actions like "Plunge into Anarchy" can only be used by the AI once per campaign.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file