Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Dissapointing horrors

13»

Comments

• endikuxendikux Registered Users Posts: 852
    KN_Gars said:

Now I don't disagree with you but I'm not sure that CA had much choice, after all GW has to approve all content that end up in the game. And I fairly sure that GW wants there to be a connection between the TW models and the plastic crack they sell in their stores.

I would look at GW before CA for these kinds of design decisions.

But that doesn't mean people shouldn't voice their complaints either way.
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 1,388
    KN_Gars said:

Now I don't disagree with you but I'm not sure that CA had much choice, after all GW has to approve all content that end up in the game. And I fairly sure that GW wants there to be a connection between the TW models and the plastic crack they sell in their stores.

But the Herald's model isn't chonky like that either.

I think the problem is that he's just...not intimidating. He's a Lord in a Daemon Army, but he's just not threatening at all.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • brahimivksbrahimivks Registered Users Posts: 160
    Why making it chubby ? It´s the kind of things i rather expect from Nurgle roster,
    Tzentch´s one should be slim
  • ladymissfitladymissfit Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 2,968

It sucks. It's trash. It's a little blubber ball, not a terrifying bird Demon.

YOU TAKE IT BACK!

He is a ball full of joy!
    It's a butterball of disappointment. I wanted a lean mean fighting machine and instead y'all gave me butter bean.
    looks like you got Tzeentched!
    Chaos lords should be women

Army painter plox
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,273

YOU TAKE IT BACK!

It's a butterball of disappointment. I wanted a lean mean fighting machine and instead y'all gave me butter bean.
    Not really. Tzeeentch is my favourite in terms of design, but this one just sucks.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

YOU TAKE IT BACK!

Not really. Tzeeentch is my favourite in terms of design, but this one just sucks.
    I think it's fine and better than some of the heralds posted here. the chonk is charming and goofy, you know? and does feel like a very tzeentch move. it's disarming in a way.

but also, it's no 6th edition horror but then again what is.

Army painter plox
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

KN_Gars said:

I think the problem is that he's just...not intimidating. He's a Lord in a Daemon Army, but he's just not threatening at all.
    To be fair, I wouldn't make assumption before seeing it in game. He's lacking animations and particles effect, and those can radically change how he look like. If he's crackling with energy and green balefire, shape constantly changing, he's gonna be terrifying !
    Maelas said:

KN_Gars said:

To be fair, I wouldn't make assumption before seeing it in game. He's lacking animations and particles effect, and those can radically change how he look like. If he's crackling with energy and green balefire, shape constantly changing, he's gonna be terrifying !
    or just dancing around and giggling non-threateningly before blasting you with purpler tentacles while crying or something. the thing that really makes this work for me is that it looks like it could be extremely expressive. and if it's one thing you want from tzeentch it's expressiveness.

Army painter plox
  • SephlockSephlock Registered Users Posts: 2,818
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

Maelas said:

KN_Gars said:

or just dancing around and giggling non-threateningly before blasting you with purpler tentacles while crying or something. the thing that really makes this work for me is that it looks like it could be extremely expressive. and if it's one thing you want from tzeentch it's expressiveness.
    Oh indeed, just from a glance, you can see this thing is gonna feel fun, even just to look at !
  • Vanilla_GorillaVanilla_Gorilla Registered Users Posts: 32,273
    I mayyyyy have been a bit harsh on it.

If it's dumb fun I'll be all for it.
    "There's no fun in picking on the weak. If you must, go for the mountain high, the language most foreign, target the strong." - Kenny Florian

#JusticeForCathay

"I like small words" - Winsy C

Forum Terms & Conditions

I am The Beast, Son of Guanyin, The one who beasts 25 hours a day, 8 days a week, The Vanilla Gorilla, Conqueror of Mountains, purveyor of wisdom, Official forum historian, Master Tamer of energy, the one they fear to name, Beastradamus, The Teacher, Master Unbiased Pollster

• DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 1,388

Why making it chubby ? It´s the kind of things i rather expect from Nurgle roster,

Exactly. Each god has their own physical theming.

Khorne: Bulging musclemans
    Nurgle: Gross fatties
    Slaanesh: Uncomfortably sexies
    Tzeentch: Twisted terrors

This Herald is jocking Nurgle's style, and it will not be tolerated.
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,443
    The new horrors were a huge step backwards when compared the the 6e horrors.

that's not really what's happening. nurgle mortals aren't "fat", they're bloated with pus and filth and even if they were that would still be within the realm of slaanesh seeing as they (well, should at least) embody gluttony. Tzeentch on xer end should embody anything and everything as long as its unexpected. just a weird, round body with a face on it is completely in line with tzeentch's nonsense, especially if it bounces around and laughs and dances and throws tantrums, stuff that is so much better presented with a design like this.

Army painter plox
  • Mr_Finley7Mr_Finley7 Junior Member Registered Users Posts: 7,443

that's not really what's happening. nurgle mortals aren't "fat", they're bloated with pus and filth and even if they were that would still be within the realm of slaanesh seeing as they (well, should at least) embody gluttony. Tzeentch on xer end should embody anything and everything as long as its unexpected. just a weird, round body with a face on it is completely in line with tzeentch's nonsense, especially if it bounces around and laughs and dances and throws tantrums, stuff that is so much better presented with a design like this.

Well said.
  • uriakuriak Registered Users Posts: 4,437
    edited July 2021
    I like this design. I'm quite used to the old school look of horrors and they were less humanoids in shape, more like just a ball with face features on it and scrawny limbs.

For me going for all powerful and powerful with all deaemons design would be a mistakes. Daemon are eerie, and can bring death in the most unexpected forms. Nurgle's troops alternate between gross, pitiable and funny. Tzeench has flyers, flamers and horrors described as just chaotic, and their shapes quite alien. They don't need a muscular regular body.

In the end, most of the impact will come from their animations and shader effects. Regular static texture won't fit them very well, I'd reckon.
  • 55JoNNo55JoNNo Registered Users Posts: 2,258
    Hmm looks a bit weird but would have to see in game to get a good idea of how it fits. Maybe it morphs between chonker and lanky

Bohemond for game 3 please!

• MaedrethnirMaedrethnir Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 14,091

Why? Cost cuts, most likely.

YOU TAKE IT BACK!

I think it's fine and better than some of the heralds posted here. the chonk is charming and goofy, you know? and does feel like a very tzeentch move. it's disarming in a way.

but also, it's no 6th edition horror but then again what is.
    It's not supposed to be charming and goofy. That's what Nurgle spawns are for.

Horrors of Tzeentch aren't a comic relief nor a parody:

The Heralds have.unique miniatures that set them apart from lowly Pink Horrors.
    More model variety > less model variety.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• jamreal18jamreal18 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 12,916
    CA's inspiration?

jamreal18 said:

CA's inspiration?

It's a head variant:

The body is slim.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif

• Chocolate_RainChocolate_Rain Registered Users Posts: 1,057
    People are really trying to start a debacle over an artwork lmao!

Just look at Bloodletters' bad artwork and compare it with WH3 Bloodletters game models. They don't even look from the same game.

People are really trying to start a debacle over an artwork lmao!

Just look at Bloodletters' bad artwork and compare it with WH3 Bloodletters game models. They don't even look from the same game.

They, of course, look a lot better in the game, but their anatomy is pretty similar. That's the problem.
    animacja-sygn-3.gif