Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Unit Upkeep Rebalance

Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,279
I've made a mod for faction exclusive unit upkeep rebalance but I think unit upkeep rebalance could be settled across the board.

Elite cavalry is far too expensive which means you might as well just settle with mounted lancer militia for the entire campaign. This is something which I think could do with serious adjustments - potentially cutting from 400 to around 300 for example.

I also think that elite infantry is largely pointless because heroes are far more powerful than them. So I think they could be rebalanced so spear guards aren't the only most viable unit in the game.

Do you have any ideas on what units should be rebalanced?

Comments

• RewanRewan Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 4,649
    I think it'd be easier to tackle down the power of heroes. If you look at Warhammer numbers, heroes in 3K absolutely BLAST them.

My personal collection of hazardous tests and quickfixes (yes this is a link).
    Wondering why you get some traits on your characters this may give you a vague idea

Balance enthusiast, I like tinkering and messing with stuff and values. Cool heads prevails !
  • Misaka_ComplexMisaka_Complex Registered Users Posts: 3,689
    edited July 21
    I know a buddy who recently released a mod that reduced both the unit cost and upkeep of higher tier units. Not sure if I should link that mod here since this isn't the mod discussion section.

• Bright_EyesBright_Eyes Registered Users Posts: 1,279
    Rewan said:

I think it'd be easier to tackle down the power of heroes. If you look at Warhammer numbers, heroes in 3K absolutely BLAST them.

I agree but thats a different topic really.

@Misaka_Complex link it please!
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,135
    edited July 21
    Rewan said:

I've always suggested that lowing the health of generals would help stop them becoming killing machines sure you probably could still do it with a bit of micro but lower health would require you to pay more attention to your generals.

As to the topic of the thread; I have always felt upkeep and construction costs along with number of turns it takes to construct or upgrade a building are not always worth the investment, so when it comes which units should have their upkeep looked at I'd have to say majority are probably either elite cavalry units as you mentioned or some faction unique units.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han