Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Semi Herdstone Mechanic for Norsca.

Hammer145Hammer145 Registered Users Posts: 12
I never got past turn 20 with beastmen before this update. Now I'm loving. The herdstone mechanic allows for you to make actual headway in your attempt to fill the map with ruins. But I've been giving some thought to the norscans, and I feel like they need a similar mechanic. Not a copy/paste, mind you. But some system to allow them to prevent ai from colonizing everything they destroy.

Keep the system where they can only settle ports. But maybe make so any adjacent province becomes a raiding ground. And if they do enough raiding/fighting, they can upgrade the port to be like a full norscans settlement. And then all those provinces can't be resettled until the port is destroyed. Just my thoughts. What do y'all think?

Comments

• mdgh1991mdgh1991 Registered Users Posts: 473
    I think CA finally find out how to deal with hordes. And based on the great jobs they have done with the last DLCs, mechanic-wise reworks I mean, I guess they're going to make more creative/unique mechanics for Norsca and WoC.
  • SusaVileSusaVile Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 842
    Hammer145 said:

I never got past turn 20 with beastmen before this update. Now I'm loving. The herdstone mechanic allows for you to make actual headway in your attempt to fill the map with ruins. But I've been giving some thought to the norscans, and I feel like they need a similar mechanic. Not a copy/paste, mind you. But some system to allow them to prevent ai from colonizing everything they destroy.

Keep the system where they can only settle ports. But maybe make so any adjacent province becomes a raiding ground. And if they do enough raiding/fighting, they can upgrade the port to be like a full norscans settlement. And then all those provinces can't be resettled until the port is destroyed. Just my thoughts. What do y'all think?

This system is probably the best mechanic they have found. It gives you something to plan out, to ensure the AI does not make it a game of whack-a-mole, and they have a clear goal, to get rid of your herdstone.

So, for Norsca, hell yes, anything similar to this would be amazing. Perhaps once you raze to a specific God, it leaves a corruption for that God, that needs to be lowered before any settling can happen.

If they simply do as you said, I would already love it. In fact, there should probably br a mod like that for Norsca soon, and I know i will be playing it. Finally hordes are FUN!!!
    Always learning, be polite, unless he's the enemy:P
    Cheers
    SusaVile
    Total war youtuber