Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Hit points change after modding number of monsters

Shock_WireShock_Wire Registered Users Posts: 2
I was trying to do some modding in TWW2 myself, I tried to change the number of some single-entity unit like mutant ogre and Doomwheel. But then I found a weird problem, for Doomwheels, I change the Num Engines in land_units_tables to 4 which means each Doomwheel unit will have 4 Doomwheels, and the Bonus Hit Points is 5180 as the default number. When I test it out in game, each time I loaded a save game the total HP of Doomwheel are correct showing at about 20K (5180 * 4), but when I start a battle the total HP of Doomwheel will became about 80K, which look likes the total HP multiplied with number of engines again, and this amount of HP will be kept until I exit the game or load a save game again. Same thing happened with other monsters like Mutant Ogre (5 entities, 5500 hp each, load in first showing 27K hp, then showing 137K after start a manual battle). Is there anyone knowing this issue? Or is there anyway to solve this?

Thank you
shockwire

Comments

• CA_DuckCA_Duck Registered Users, CA Staff Posts: 1,673
    You'll need to change two boolean fields in main_units table to get correct entity and health scaling. These fields need to be changed:

use_hitpoints_in_campaign: this needs to be set to 'false'
    unit_scaling: this needs to be set to 'true'

This should make your Doomwheels scale correctly in campaign.
    Formal disclaimer: any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.
  • Shock_WireShock_Wire Registered Users Posts: 2
    CA_Duck said:

You'll need to change two boolean fields in main_units table to get correct entity and health scaling. These fields need to be changed:

use_hitpoints_in_campaign: this needs to be set to 'false'
    unit_scaling: this needs to be set to 'true'

This should make your Doomwheels scale correctly in campaign.

It works now, Thank you very much.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file