Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Shogun 3 with Romance mode?

KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 265
Any plans, to make a sequel to this with Romance mode?

Comments

• Shameless ImperialistShameless Imperialist Registered Users Posts: 65
    It will look like **** in comparison
  • Vin362Vin362 Registered Users Posts: 1,489
    edited August 2021
    Hard to see this working as there only a few examples of Sengoku era figures who could live up to the romance mode compared to Romance of Three Kingdoms which 3K is based off.
    Supporter of Shu-Han, I wish Total War Three Kingdoms had a Three Kingdoms start date, rider of Kislev, admiral of The Awakened and Elector Count of Shu-Han
  • KoronusKoronus Registered Users Posts: 265
    Vin362 said:

Hard to see this working as there only a few examples of Sengoku era figures who could live up to the romance mode compared to Romance of Three Kingdoms which 3K is based off.

About this the Samurai Warriors series proves you wrong. It is a spin-off of the Dynasty Warriors series which is based on Romance of the Three Kingdoms too.
  • LoreguyLoreguy Registered Users Posts: 1,485
    Oh god please no. Super powerful single entity humans are bad for historical strategy game.*

Even in Warhammer it is obnoxious and game breaking.

* Fun fact: first Shogun have single entity heroes units.
  • Lotor12Lotor12 Registered Users Posts: 872
    I like single entity heroes in Troy,
    But I do not want them in Shogun III, I guess most of other players "would not welcome it"
  • Xym710Xym710 Registered Users Posts: 2
    But I think like Troy and Three Kingdoms, there are two modes. One is the ghost element in Japanese traditional culture, like tengu and so on. The other is the normal historical mode. This way, it can accommodate most players.