Welcome

Please register for Total War Access to use the forums. If you're an existing user, your forum details will be merged with Total War Access if you register with the same email or username. For more information please read our FAQ’s here.

Categories

Will GW go for "Malekith the Dark Elf" from Thor 2?

IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,685
Just saw all the marvel movies, best was Infinity War.

GW should send a cease and desist to Disney regarding that character.
*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
*Exclusive DLCs for Tomb Kings, Vampire Coast, BM, CW and WE! #DLCsAreRacesToo
*Remaster all WH1 and WH2 faction icons for WH3!
*Ogre Kingdoms core race or death!

Comments

• saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,995
    Nope it is not afight GW can hope to win.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • IamNotArobotIamNotArobot Registered Users Posts: 4,685

guess what, he uses a mask and was burnt

*Justice and CONFEDERATION ENABLED for the Tomb Kings and Vampire Coast! feat mummies and Apophas.
  • PocmanPocman Registered Users Posts: 5,300
    Lol, GW sending a cease and desist for the character they plagiarised?

Malekith (marvel) first appeared in 1984.

Malekith (GW) first appeared in 4 th edition warhammer, so about 1994-5?

GW going after content creators for IP breaches is another example of how we are living in a boring dystopia.
  • saweendrasaweendra Registered Users Posts: 15,995
    Pocman said:

GW going after content creators for IP breaches is another example of how we are living in a boring dystopia.

I wonder what happens if marval aka Disney goes after Gw. Sure we will miss Malekith but sacrifice have to be made.
    #givemoreunitsforbrettonia, my bret dlc
  • HisShadowBGHisShadowBG Registered Users Posts: 3,425
    saweendra said:

Pocman said:

I wonder what happens if marval aka Disney goes after Gw. Sure we will miss Malekith but sacrifice have to be made.
    Didn't they change his name in AoS for that reason

She had fought beside Aenarion in the days of her youth, killing daemons, slaughtering the enemies of her people with wild abandon. She had cast spells and brewed poisons and worked out battle strategies for his armies. She had used her gift of visions to grant the elves victories innumerable.

The so-called high elves had forgotten that now, preferring to cast her as the villain in the simple-minded morality plays they so enjoyed since her son had sundered the realm. They had no idea what it had cost to win those battles back when all thought the world was ending, or the price she had paid for victory.
    edited August 2021

saweendra said:

Pocman said:

Didn't they change his name in AoS for that reason
    you mean my buddy MALERION? lol Can't wait to see him fight against Tyranion and his brother Teclar!
  • GuillermidasGuillermidas MadridRegistered Users Posts: 274
    saweendra said:

Pocman said:

Malekith (GW) is definitely 1000 times better than one from Marvel. Not being biased, GW writing is inconsistent to say the least but so is superhero genre. And that guy looks like a joke.
    "It's small, filthy and noisy. H! Just like a dwarf!"
  • BastileanBastilean Registered Users Posts: 2,308
    No reason to argue to this. It's clearly different IPs despite the similarities. Also, I just read Marvel had the naming convention first

Also if this was relevant it should be posted on GW's site not CA's.

Close thread.
    edited August 2021
    Bastilean said:

No reason to argue to this. It's clearly different IPs despite the similarities. Also, I just read Marvel had the naming convention first

Also if this was relevant it should be posted on GW's site not CA's.

Close thread.

hey you, don't close my thread. It is tw warhamemr related cause if Disney beats GW and gets the cease and desist, CA would have to remove or change malekith from WH2, meaning we could have the right to ask for THE FULL WH2 COST back since it is not what was promised in the WH2 trailer. Will never happen tho.
  • WarlockeWarlocke Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 3,993
    I thought you left and were never coming back.
    ò_ó
  • ShiroAmakusa75ShiroAmakusa75 Senior Member Registered Users Posts: 34,001
    Malekith became Malerion in AoS, so GW already admitted defeat on that front.
    Warlocke said:

I thought you left and were never coming back.

that's why you took my forum avatar huh? I came to reclaim it.
  • DeadpoolSWDeadpoolSW Registered Users Posts: 2,977

saweendra said:

Pocman said:

Malekith (GW) is definitely 1000 times better than one from Marvel. Not being biased, GW writing is inconsistent to say the least but so is superhero genre. And that guy looks like a joke.
    Comic Malekith is actually pretty cool (though not as cool as GW Malekith), but both are infinitely better than Christopher Genericston.
    Nagash will rule again!

Justice for Chaos Dwarfs, Ogre Kingdoms, Araby, Albion, Amazons, Halflings, Nippon, Ind, Khuresh & the Hobgoblin Khanate!
  • TicladesignTicladesign Registered Users Posts: 102
    ..And both bare no reselblence to the traditional depiction of Dark Elfs (Dokkolfar, Swarfelf) mentioned in mythology. I look at both and chuckle. Will chuckle some more when both these corporate companies try to rob each other of their silly copyright claims.

Actually.. when that happens I shall cackle like a Drow.

Corporatism is the bane of any creative expression.
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

..And both bare no reselblence to the traditional depiction of Dark Elfs (Dokkolfar, Swarfelf) mentioned in mythology.

To be fair, this can be said of about any fantasy race that isn't an original creation. Any elf, goblin, dwarf, gnome, troll, minotaur and whatnot in fantasy is as far remote from the original legends as can be !
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 864
    Lol thats pretty funny.

Waiting for GW to try to copyright the entire dictionary.

I would not be surprised in the least if Disney actually did get a **** you letter.
  • HedonistHoundHedonistHound Registered Users Posts: 7,788
    Lol and next GW could sue the Tolkien estate for their use of elves, dwarfs, and orcs which they clearly stole from GW.

The Malekith thing will never stop being hilarious. I love how some idiot at GW read a Thor comic and was like "Oh Malekith must be the king of the dark elves in mythology! Everything from Thor is based on mythology!"
  • DarthEnderXDarthEnderX Registered Users Posts: 1,359
    edited August 2021

Better than the version in the MCU(who was super bland). Not better than the one in the comics.

you mean my buddy MALERION? lol Can't wait to see him fight against Tyranion and his brother Teclar!

I think GW actually came up with the names Tyrion and Teclis themselves.
    Post edited by DarthEnderX on
    "Assassination's a dirty job, but someone's got to do it."
  • CountTalabeclandCountTalabecland Registered Users Posts: 864
    Thor the Darkworld is the most cursed movie marvel ever made next to Captain Marvel
  • MaelasMaelas Registered Users Posts: 5,180

Lol and next GW could sue the Tolkien estate for their use of elves, dwarfs, and orcs which they clearly stole from GW.

The Malekith thing will never stop being hilarious. I love how some idiot at GW read a Thor comic and was like "Oh Malekith must be the king of the dark elves in mythology! Everything from Thor is based on mythology!"

Honestly, this is the logic i'd expect from the people that invented Ferrrus Manus, the iron-handed primarch of the Iron Hands